Download 2023

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, what are the odds on the following:

Bring Me

Babymetal

Metallica

Slipknot

All are about apart from Babymetal. After Bring Me at Reading, I wouldnt mind seeing them here. Metallica and Slipknot, id love to see anyday 🙂

From someone apparently ITK, Metallica are doing 2 nights, with BMTH and Slipknot the other two headliners

Can definitely see Babymetal popping up on the Bring Me day, would love that. Seem to be slowly teasing a comeback of sorts on Insta socials for the past few months, and Kingslater ft. Babymetal would go off. Count me in the pit if that happens!

2 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Second one for the 30th anniversary of Black so unlikely they’d repeat for Download (20th anniversary of St Anger let’s goooo), but still, no repeats between the two sets is exactly what you’d want so that’s great news. I’ve seen them a few times now but still have a bunch of songs to tick off so may well consider doing my first Download next year to hopefully make that happen. 

Let’s have it: 

Metallica / Pantera / Sabaton / Clutch / Anthrax / Avatar / Bokassa 

All Time Low / Alexisonfire 

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Bullet For My Valentine / Turnstile / Motionless In White / Spiritbox / Malevolence 

Rob Zombie / Behemoth 

Metallica / Machine Head / Limp Bizkit / The Pretty Reckless / Jerry Cantrell / Massive Wagons / Starcrawler 

Don Broco / Neck Deep 

Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Trivium / Mudvayne / Jinjer / Bodycount feat. Ice T / Vended 

Within Temptation / In Flames 

Purely judging by the number of people wearing their T-shirts at this years DL, Ghost would go down a storm. They supported Metallica on their last UK tour so hopefully a decent chance?

2 nights of metallica would suit me perfectly, so long as it ISN’T St.Anger in full!!

get an orchestra on stage for S&M3 🤘

I’m still thinking that Metallica will play wednesday on Nova Rock and then friday/sunday on Download.

After last two concerts in Vienna Lars said that they are part of Nova Rock family, and they didn’t play this year in Austria so I don’t believe they will miss oportunity to headline Nova Rock.

And Nova Rock is often from thursday to sunday and I think only year when the festival started on wednesday was 2017 because of Linkin Park

Edited by SweetJesus

2 hours ago, 504329lt said:

BMTH's set at Reading is up on iplayer 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cmjvht/radio-1-at-reading-and-leeds-festival-2022-bring-me-the-horizon

They were superb at Leeds; one of the best festival sets I've seen.  

Watching it now and it looks ace. Oli seems to have improved his vocals tons since I saw them supporting Metallica at Leeds ‘15, and it looks like the crowd is loving it. I was pretty unsure and iffy on their transition to the more poppy sound around That’s the Spirit initially, but you just can’t deny that they know how to write a catchy as fuck hook and that it all just works as an impressive live show.

Lame that it’s taken Download so long to finally get them booked to headline as it should’ve come right after that last Reading/Leeds set, but I’m sure they’re gonna knock it out of the park, even if there booking will undoubtedly come with a bunch of moaners (like almost every Download headliner booking though tbf). Wonder if they’ll go down the route of Muse, Biffy etc and bring back some old favourites that fit the heavy vibe more, not that they really need to at this point. 

I'm thinking reason no announcement yet is that 4 of the logo bands still have tours coming up. I.e. Machine Head, Amon Amarth, Parkway Drive and Lamb Of God. 2 subs, 2 3rd down. So maybe announcement in a couple weeks once Machine Head and Amon Amarth done their UK leg of their tour? Then we'll get headliners, them and rest of logo bands apart from LOG and PD.

29 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I'm thinking reason no announcement yet is that 4 of the logo bands still have tours coming up. I.e. Machine Head, Amon Amarth, Parkway Drive and Lamb Of God. 2 subs, 2 3rd down. So maybe announcement in a couple weeks once Machine Head and Amon Amarth done their UK leg of their tour? Then we'll get headliners, them and rest of logo bands apart from LOG and PD.

When you add in Trivium, Gojira, Bullet and Alter Bridge all having tours with Halestorm supporting AB, While She Sleeps supporting Parkway and Architects supporting Biffy it’s realistic that all of the subs and 3rd place bands are blocked from being announced right now 

1 hour ago, King101 said:

When you add in Trivium, Gojira, Bullet and Alter Bridge all having tours with Halestorm supporting AB, While She Sleeps supporting Parkway and Architects supporting Biffy it’s realistic that all of the subs and 3rd place bands are blocked from being announced right now 

Yes good point about those bands too! I deffo think there is a wait for bands to be available to be announced, bearing in mind all these bands also have multiple European dates that would stop the Euro fests announcing them too. I suspect Download, Graspop, Rock Am Ring etc will announce very close to each other once a few of these bands have finished their tours.

4 hours ago, King101 said:

Trivium are headlining Summer Breeze next year so they are probaly doing late summer festivals. Machine Head are more likely for Bloodstock since they played their first festival set in 8 years there. Alter Bridge, Halestorm, Parkway, Architects adn WSS are pretty nailed on for me

for now i'm thinking of

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless

Sabaton / Behemoth

___

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / While She Sleeps / Turnstile

Rob Zombie / Mudvayne

___

METALLICA / Pantera / Gojira / Amon Amarth

Limp Bizkit / Alexisonfire

__

SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God / Mr.Bungle

Alice In Chains / Puscifer

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

for now i'm thinking of

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless

Sabaton / Behemoth

___

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / While She Sleeps / Turnstile

Rob Zombie / Mudvayne

___

METALLICA / Pantera / Gojira / Amon Amarth

Limp Bizkit / Alexisonfire

__

SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God / Mr.Bungle

Alice In Chains / Puscifer

Take all of my money. 

That's a great list 

8 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Trivium are headlining Summer Breeze next year so they are probaly doing late summer festivals. Machine Head are more likely for Bloodstock since they played their first festival set in 8 years there. Alter Bridge, Halestorm, Parkway, Architects adn WSS are pretty nailed on for me

Machine Head have stated before that they feel great affinity for Metallica. They regularly do Metallica covers, in fact they opened their Scottish tour (and therefore their entire European tour) with a cover of Creeping Death. So if they are gonna play festivals next summer, and Metallica are doing two sets at Download, they are an obvious choice to sub one of them. And you've actually just pointed out that Trivium are doing the later fests - of which Bloodstock is one. 

11 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Machine Head have stated before that they feel great affinity for Metallica. They regularly do Metallica covers, in fact they opened their Scottish tour (and therefore their entire European tour) with a cover of Creeping Death. So if they are gonna play festivals next summer, and Metallica are doing two sets at Download, they are an obvious choice to sub one of them. And you've actually just pointed out that Trivium are doing the later fests - of which Bloodstock is one. 

I'm going to see them tomorrow (MH) at the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen.  Still can't quite believe they're playing there.

13 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

for me that Wembley concert putted a nail to the coffin of Foo Fighters. it's a shame they never got to play Download

I disagree. I think Foo Fighters will take a break but they will continue in the future to keep that legacy alive. Plus, we are talking about Dave Grohl. The guy is an addict to playing music. Again, defo a huge break to spend time with family and friends but I don't think it's the end of Foos.

BTW I was there last night and they did fucking great. Big up all the artists that turned up to tribute T 🙂

13 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

for me that Wembley concert putted a nail to the coffin of Foo Fighters. it's a shame they never got to play Download

That was probably the best, most intense, emotional and draining and amazing show ….ever.

Visually, I’ve seen better shows… but content wise, that back half was off the scale with the guest appearances and the condensed Foo’s set and crowd intensity.

Drummer wise, I think they’ll get a new one in… if blink-182 aren’t doing anything anymore I could see that… could also see Taylor’s son maybe one day 

Edited by K126

I was there too and it didn't seem like a farewell. Was most excited for Them Crooked Vultures but they were kinda disappointing as they only did Gunman and did a bad cover of Yellow Brick Road. Rush, Queen, Brian Johnson and Sir Paul were all amazing and made up for it though. Assume Rufus Taylor was auditioning for the role last night. Seems like a good fit

Edited by sacred shape
  • Like 1