Coldplay

morph100

I'd be really surprised if they didn't play the September event in Pilton, if it goes ahead. Friends of the festival, super popular among a large number of the Glasto crowd, possible new material to air, could be poised to play on relatively shorter notice and the festival can charge a good amount more per ticket than the usual Pilton Party price, which they can use for good causes and to support the infrastructure after two fallow years 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd be really surprised if they didn't play the September event in Pilton, if it goes ahead. Friends of the festival, super popular among a large number of the Glasto crowd, possible new material to air, could be poised to play on relatively shorter notice and the festival can charge a good amount more per ticket than the usual Pilton Party price, which they can use for good causes and to support the infrastructure after two fallow years 

Yea it makes complete sense to have them there if both sides are happy and although I'm not a Coldplay fan they put on a great live show. 

I enjoy quite a few Coldplay songs in fact Fix You is one of my favourite songs ever, it really connects with me. I thought their headline in 2016 was brilliant too. I’ll give their new stuff a listen.

I think it’s too soon for them to headline the festival again but I’d like to see at Pilton. 

Just now, danbailey80 said:

My only thought with them playing this online thing is it makes less likely to be headlining soon (twats will be 'oh not them again') and I'd rather have them headline in 2022/3 as they always put on an amazing show. 

Yeah that time you suggest makes sense to me. 

7 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Everyday Life is a really solid album, but at this point I’m not that bothered about new music, I want to see them play shows.

It’s taken a while for me to like it as an album as opposed to a few songs I really like. Champion of the World is as good as anything they’ve done. If I could pick a band to see play right now they’d be right up there...for the show, the fun, the sing-a-longs to lift the mood

18 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Coldplay would one be one of my top choices to go and see play anywhere! Pilton Party would be amazing down to the size and intimacy of the whole thing! 

I think we can pretty much say they will be there the following year and it would not surprise me if they popped up secretly next year.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

My only thought with them playing this online thing is it makes less likely to be headlining soon (twats will be 'oh not them again') and I'd rather have them headline in 2022/3 as they always put on an amazing show. 

I’ve no real axe to grind with Coldplay and I’ve enjoyed their headline sets in the past. But it would be so uninspiring to have them back yet again in 22 when there are so many other worthy acts who could do it.

If that makes me a twat then so be it.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve no real axe to grind with Coldplay and I’ve enjoyed their headline sets in the past. But it would be so uninspiring to have them back yet again in 22 when there are so many other worthy acts who could do it.

If that makes me a twat then so be it.

I think they'll headline in 2023 as part of closing the album.