Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2022


JSmurphy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rock Werchter had bigger lineup (just in popularity, quality can be debatable always) than Mad Cool in the previous years is well. Mad Cool is the one who announces first so they get all the "wow, look at that lineup" reactions then Werchter comes 3 months later with basically the same lineup + some more and people aren't really wowed 

Edited by Nicklord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Rock Werchter had bigger lineup (just in popularity, quality can be debatable always) than Mad Cool in the previous years is well. Mad Cool is the one who announces first so they get all the "wow, look at that lineup" reactions then Werchter comes 3 months later with basically the same lineup + some more and people aren't really wowed 

Yeah that’s true enough. Werchter is my favourite festival and the only one I’ve done annually since I first went in 2014 (barring the pandemic editions obviously) but one area I would say they’re slow in is getting the line up out compared to the festivals they compete with. 

In 2018 I ended up doing both Werchter and Mad Cool because the MC line up looked too good to resist and I couldn’t risk it selling out and then Werchter not delivering. In the end Werchter had a line up equally as good so I’m hoping for a similar scenario in 2022 as well as I’ve still kept my tickets for both of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I think RW will win the stacked day competition. 

I wonder if there's some big batch of names coming this Friday since other festivals (Mad Cool, Roskilde, Open'er, Nos Alive etc.) have already shared a fair amount of their line-ups.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Considering the size of that Mad Cool line up, this has made me very hopeful for Werchter!

And Primavera, who still has one of (maybe the) best lineups I’ve ever seen.

They’ll have a day where you can see Jorja Smith > Gorillaz > Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds > Tyler The creator back to back. Crazy. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello all! Newbie here! I have been following this forum for years but never actually participated. Thanks for all the useful insights!

Does anybody know if the Rock Village will open its doors at RW 2022? They have been awfully quiet in social media and their website for a long time now...

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, misterplow said:

And Primavera, who still has one of (maybe the) best lineups I’ve ever seen.

They’ll have a day where you can see Jorja Smith > Gorillaz > Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds > Tyler The creator back to back. Crazy. 

 

Primavera and Roskilde are another category, RW is going for all the big names, the more quality headliners (and overall line up) can you find in Roskilde/Primavera and some others. Mad Cool tries do the same like RW. And they benefit from the live nation promotors in Europe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Primavera and Roskilde are another category, RW is going for all the big names, the more quality headliners (and overall line up) can you find in Roskilde/Primavera and some others. Mad Cool tries do the same like RW. And they benefit from the live nation promotors in Europe.

 

Being Live Nation linked to RW, can RW benefit from the tour of bands linked to Live Nations ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

I think RW will win the stacked day competition. 
And the day events…

I hope you're right,  'have no interests in a no-camping festival, so Mad Cool was always out of question for me.. but I'm a bit jealous (no, ENVIOUS) when I see this line-up 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I’m going to guess QOTSA subbing Metallica, which would be a massive coup since they co-headlined in 2018

Thought about the same structure since Mad Cool announced them. QOTSA + Metallica would be mind-blowing.

Florence for Saturday and The Strokes for Sunday and we're good to go.

In other news - Rise Against announced solo Belgium show one week before RW so they're obviously out of the picture.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peter Gabriel is back for a new album and tour in 2022, maybe Werchter ??
And The Weeknd ? too big to be co-headliner ?

London grammar, Jorja Smith, Jamie Cullum, Deftones, Thrice, Royal blood, Black label society, deadmau5 etc.. I hope some of them at Werchter 2022 !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mikebat said:

Peter Gabriel is back for a new album and tour in 2022, maybe Werchter ??
And The Weeknd ? too big to be co-headliner ?

London grammar, Jorja Smith, Jamie Cullum, Deftones, Thrice, Royal blood, Black label society, deadmau5 etc.. I hope some of them at Werchter 2022 !

 

The Weeknd will be doing his own tour (stadiums).

Peter Gabriel would be great for the Barn.

Deftones and Black Label Society are playing Graspop (exclusively). Deadmau5 might be more of a Pukkelpop or Tomorrowland thing. While I miss having the dance act headliners after the rock headliners at Rock Werchter, there's probably not enough people that agree with that sentiment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The Black said:

The Weeknd will be doing his own tour (stadiums).

Peter Gabriel would be great for the Barn.

Deftones and Black Label Society are playing Graspop (exclusively). Deadmau5 might be more of a Pukkelpop or Tomorrowland thing. While I miss having the dance act headliners after the rock headliners at Rock Werchter, there's probably not enough people that agree with that sentiment. 

I think he might be too big for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...