Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

On 7/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, blutarsky said:

Very jealous!
I'd do the same if A) We could afford it; and B) our van was likely to be fully converted by then.

Bearing in mind I only started battening the inside yesterday and am at work for the next 3 weeks, it won't happen. We are cutting it fine to be ready for Beautiful Days. 

3 days later, and we’re booked in 😂 

5 days in the van over BH weekend 

anyone else going then? 

On 7/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, westholtschic said:

When you are there please make sure you visit the Festival Medical Services first aid tent and say hello. We are there for all the 6 weeks volunteering.

Hopefully there will be no injuries or illness 😁

Sounds good, might just pop in and introduce ourselves!  it will be a different experience for the medics I reckon. Instead of dealing with those who’ve overindulged in substances you will have to deal with kids who have over dosed on  haribo or have developed an allergy to face paint!  

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds good, might just pop in and introduce ourselves!  it will be a different experience for the medics I reckon. Instead of dealing with those who’ve overindulged in substances you will have to deal with kids who have over dosed on  haribo or have developed an allergy to face paint!  

It certainly will be. I’ve been one of the team responsible for organising the cover and it’s been a challenge, especially being on the same weekend as Reading and initially WOMAD, but we have got there. 
Personally think it’s going to be a wonderful 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pipine said:

I’m volunteering 3rd-9th august week.. can’t wait 🙂

I am with you sentiment wise but there the week before.  I cannot fathom how much i am looking forward to just being there without the festival and just supporting WaterAid.  Just walking about the area and being in a tent for a week seems like a great escape from the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

I’m hopefully going in on the first weekend so hope to put some photos up for you all if you would like me too?

That would be great, be good to see gap between the scout tents and of course most important of all a wee photo of the bar would be most welcome! 

• Upvote 2

I am so over the moon to be able to go to Worthy Pastures! I haven't been able to get a ticket for years. In 2015, I bought a campervan which had been a lifelong dream to go to Worthy Farm with since my first festival when I was a teenager. 

Since then I have failed every single ticket day. I finally struck lucky in 2020 when I was offered work which also enabled me to bring the camper. We all know what happened next.

Then Worthy Pastures was announced - no campers. BUT FINALLY!

Still not home and dry, it wouldn't be my first breakdown on the way to Pilton lol, but so excited to take the van home for the first time. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2