Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Can anyone recommend a trolley/festival cart that can pull camping equipment etc. I'm sure there's been threads about this sort of thing but if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

check out the questions thread ... theres a recent post on there that should help you out 🙂 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Can anyone recommend a trolley/festival cart that can pull camping equipment etc. I'm sure there's been threads about this sort of thing but if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Here's the eFests affiliate link to Millets, I think they have some:

http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinmid=1521&awinaffid=83985&clickref=&p=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.millets.co.uk%2F

• Upvote 1

Premises licence application for the on-site bar at Goosehall - 200 capacity.
Interesting to note that they expect there to be 3,000 people camping on site at any one time.

161412736_Screenshot2021-06-01at09_02_44.thumb.png.54e91abf0d204f5a96bb27da577705fd.png

Application Notice
https://www.mendip.gov.uk/media/27912/Glastonbury-Festivals-Events-Ltd-Goose-Hall-Situated-in-Goose-Hall-field-at-Worthy-Farm-Pilton-Somerset-BA4-4BY-End-of-representations-25-06-2021-/pdf/GFEL_GOOSEHALL__PREMISES_LICENCE_APP_-_SITE_NOTICE_.pdf?m=637578164648770000

Licensing Application
https://www.mendip.gov.uk/media/27916/Goosehall-Building-plan-1/pdf/WP-PL001(1_to_500).pdf?m=637578196342230000

Goosehall Plan 1, Plan 2 & Plan 3

Edited by Dukeicon

33 minutes ago, HydraD said:

Do seetickets not have a customer services phone number anymore? I need to switch weekends that we're going which seems fine under the t&c's but not heard any reply through emails.

I’ve got this number logged in my phone for see tickets but havnt used it for several years, might be worth ago.  Or use the seeticket customer service order tracker website 

0844 412 4648

15 hours ago, HydraD said:

Do seetickets not have a customer services phone number anymore? I need to switch weekends that we're going which seems fine under the t&c's but not heard any reply through emails.

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve got this number logged in my phone for see tickets but havnt used it for several years, might be worth ago.  Or use the seeticket customer service order tracker website 

0844 412 4648

Email or chat via their website only. Phone lines are completely closed.

Most companies set up their call centre staff to work from home. See just put them in the bin.

16 hours ago, HydraD said:

I switched tents on my booking, used the web form and a couple of days later it was all sorted, no issues.

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

I switched tents on my booking, used the web form and a couple of days later it was all sorted, no issues.

Was considering adding another day to our three day booking. We’re you charged an additional fee for the alteration as well as the tent upgrade? 

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Was considering adding another day to our three day booking. We’re you charged an additional fee for the alteration as well as the tent upgrade? 

So I put a second booking through on the same day and then asked to cancel the original. They refunded the whole amount, including booking fees

Not strictly related but we decided to go ahead and book Shambala's version instead yesterday. Going with our friends and their kids and I'm actually really excited about it now. For anyone looking for a cheaper option (you can bring your own tent) that's a bit more centrally located and has a bit more in the way of activities then it could be worth considering.

I'm hoping it's going to be pretty chilled and have a bit of a festival vibe but either way I'm looking forward to a bit of yoga, paddle boarding, massage and playing games with the kids. It also promises music and stories around the campfire, which sounds ace. Fingers crossed for nice weather! 

Bacon Trailer confirmed as on of the caterers for all your Omnivores.

They are also looking for staff for the duration, if you fancy working it instead. More info.

We’re looking for someone (or a couple of people...) with experience in running a street food stall at busy events to come and get involved with our crew.

The event runs from July 19th - August 30th and to be considered you’ll need to be available for the whole period.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPqD0-hnppF/

Slightly tenuous link... but I got my tent + camping stuff out this weekend after its 2 year hiatus - suffice to say, whatever bugs enjoyed eating my self-inflating mattress - they can be eaten by a bigger bug. Tent was ok though, needed a freshen up.

Might be worth having a gander at your stuff, if like me you shoved it in the shed and haven't looked at it for ages!

53 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Slightly tenuous link... but I got my tent + camping stuff out this weekend after its 2 year hiatus - suffice to say, whatever bugs enjoyed eating my self-inflating mattress - they can be eaten by a bigger bug. Tent was ok though, needed a freshen up.

Might be worth having a gander at your stuff, if like me you shoved it in the shed and haven't looked at it for ages!

Lucky it’s just bugs - I put all my camping stuff up in the loft as my shed has rat visitors 🙄

New area announcement! https://worthypastures.com/the-joint-charities-field/?utm_source=identity&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=glastonbury-11-06-21

I was just starting to feel they need to step things up a little and this looks great. 

Maybe being greedy, but I can't help but feel 1 more big focus/ thing for kids (like the castle) would be very welcome. Such as a big naturally resourced climbing area (see pic) and/ or bring  back the glasto skateboarding park for teenagers. The climbing area would also be permanent and a great addition for the main festival.  It would be one more thing to help push worthy pastures above any competition (Shambala). 

Any new stuff they do add/ build should be with an eye to keeping for main festival's return. 

image.png

Edited by danbailey80

Looking for a cover to sit/lie out on the grass at a festival? Try a  bag for life cut up the seams and handles removed. Folds easily to fit in a back pack and less bulky than a picnic rug etc telegraph readers can us a Sainsbury’s one if Aldi isn’t good enough for them. Roadtesting this one up the Tor next week! 

EB1624BE-F6A0-441A-8FDC-88F136283E25.thumb.jpeg.69707e4ba03e03412f0c34ae41aad819.jpeg

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking for a cover to sit/lie out on the grass at a festival? Try a  bag for life cut up the seams and handles removed. Folds easily to fit in a back pack and less bulky than a picnic rug etc telegraph readers can us a Sainsbury’s one if Aldi isn’t good enough for them. Roadtesting this one up the Tor next week! 

EB1624BE-F6A0-441A-8FDC-88F136283E25.thumb.jpeg.69707e4ba03e03412f0c34ae41aad819.jpeg

Do you sit back to back? 

Seriously tho, good hack, might copy that. Probs Morrisons (where does that put me in the class hierarchy?) 

• 2 weeks later...