Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

On 6/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, august1 said:

Any recommendations on places go to, where to eat etc?

Thinking (well being told) we're going to do Stonehenge/Longleat one day, Cheddar Gorge/Glastonbury town/Tor in a day.

Anywhere else?

If you want to save a few £££ there's a free public footpath that runs adjacent to the paid admission one at Stonehedge. You can't do a full lap of the stones, or get access to the museum ect. But we used it when all we wanted was a few photos early one morning

Edited by idb

On 7/2/2021 at 9:09 AM, faymondo said:

I have deleted my email confirmation doh ! I have proof that I have paid by PayPal.

Assuming anybody going will receive another email soon with tickets on and a car park pass will be posted out ?

See tickets customer services order tracker.  You need your order number but if you don’t have that then there’s a forgot your details link, just need your e mail address.  Just like a festival ticket order.  I think the car park pass is given at the gate when you show your order confirmation, sure I read that somewhere. 

Edit!  Think tickets are sent by e mail including the car park pass at least 14 days before arrival. Just read this on my order confirmation.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Pricing, although it doesn't say for how many days.

1677946255_Screenshot2021-07-03at09_40_13.thumb.png.9c01896c16a39aaee473b5ce06901953.png

Could be quite popular, seen a few posts on here asking for this when Worthy pastures was announced. Maybe this price is for the five days? Looks like they are trying to maximise income. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Could be quite popular, seen a few posts on here asking for this when Worthy pastures was announced. Maybe this price is for the five days? Looks like they are trying to maximise income. 

Yes that's probably right.

Sadly think am booked up now till after they wind it up, would have booked at start if this was available 

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

For 2 adults:
5 days means it's £30 per night for the campervan. Plus £10 per night for electric hook up.

3 days means its £50 per night for the campervan. Plus £16.67 per night for electric hook up.

One seems cheap, one seems expensive.

EDIT: or those prices could just be for one night 😳

Edited by Dukeicon

21 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

See tickets customer services order tracker.  You need your order number but if you don’t have that then there’s a forgot your details link, just need your e mail address.  Just like a festival ticket order.  I think the car park pass is given at the gate when you show your order confirmation, sure I read that somewhere. 

Edit!  Think tickets are sent by e mail including the car park pass at least 14 days before arrival. Just read this on my order confirmation.

Thanks found my order. Didn't help having multiple see tickets accounts for some reason.

29 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

For 2 adults:
5 days means it's £30 per night for the campervan. Plus £10 per night for electric hook up.

3 days means its £50 per night for the campervan. Plus £16.67 per night for electric hook up.

One seems cheap, one seems expensive.

EDIT: or those prices could just be for one night 😳

Considering it's like 400+ quid for a 4-person tent for three nights both would seem like a bit of a bargain by comparison! 

13 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

One or two angry people who have tent bookings over on the Instagram 😬

WP are saying you can cancel your tent booking and purchase a campervan booking, but can't swap.

Would be sensible to wait until you are sure you get the camper van booking you want then cancel the tent. As long as it’s at least 14 days before arrival 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Would be sensible to wait until you are sure you get the camper van booking you want then cancel the tent. As long as it’s at least 14 days before arrival 

That's fine if you have the spare £££ to do this before the refund comes back.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Wonder if this has anything to do with the tents not going as well as hoped? Michael said in the interview with Andy Bennett that they needed more people to book to make it financially viable.

It's 80% that (you know how ME exaggerates a bit). Squeezing out as must money as possible from the site.

I wonder what percentage sold out the tents are… I really hope it goes well for them.  I also see Water Aid are casting their net further for worthy pastures volunteers which I guess suggests they aren’t full either.  

On 6/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, august1 said:

Any recommendations on places go to, where to eat etc?

Thinking (well being told) we're going to do Stonehenge/Longleat one day, Cheddar Gorge/Glastonbury town/Tor in a day.

Anywhere else?

If you can go to Ebber Gorge... Its near wooky hole and there's a camp site at the moment bottom of the hill with a pub right opposite. 

I've just Google mapped it and it looks like the campsite is a car park now... But still worth a day out it's one amazing place on a nice day.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

35 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

These look to be the prices whether you book 3, 4 or 5 nights (or the +1 for BH weekend).

That's a decent price, very tempting to do end of July for 4 nights 

Sod it, just booked! 😬

We finish here at Latitude on the 28th July after a months work, so booked in for 4 nights from the 29th for some much needed downtime 😃

Edited by Paul ™

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Sod it, just booked! 😬

We finish here at Latitude on the 28th July after a months work, so booked in for 4 nights from the 29th for some much needed downtime 😃

Very jealous!
I'd do the same if A) We could afford it; and B) our van was likely to be fully converted by then.

Bearing in mind I only started battening the inside yesterday and am at work for the next 3 weeks, it won't happen. We are cutting it fine to be ready for Beautiful Days. 

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Very jealous!
I'd do the same if A) We could afford it; and B) our van was likely to be fully converted by then.

Bearing in mind I only started battening the inside yesterday and am at work for the next 3 weeks, it won't happen. We are cutting it fine to be ready for Beautiful Days. 

I'm very much hoping to be at Beautiful days 😄 No van though!