Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Anyone else on here going the last weekend in July? 

I'm not camping but over the weekend persuaded a friend with a camper van (who's never been to Glasto) to book that weekend. We'll probably pop over one day to see him and point out what he's missing 🙂

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Are you doing 6 days or have you got a shorter shift?

Hi mate. Going Monday to Monday. Train down and camping near the Tor on Monday and then to the Farm Tuesday. Got a stack of leave banked and committed for full stint.

Hoping to do a lot of walking and exploring when not on shift.  Just cant wait to be somewhere other than the  North West for a week.

27 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Hi mate. Going Monday to Monday. Train down and camping near the Tor on Monday and then to the Farm Tuesday. Got a stack of leave banked and committed for full stint.

Hoping to do a lot of walking and exploring when not on shift.  Just cant wait to be somewhere other than the  North West for a week.

I'd have joined you, I really want to do it but I can't commit to the full week because of the kids! I'd even jumped the train down with you too for company!

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'd have joined you, I really want to do it but I can't commit to the full week because of the kids! I'd even jumped the train down with you too for company!

I hear you.  Its one of the pluses about being an old(er) person as the children are no longer requiring my undivided attentions.  I never lose sight of the fact that others cannot commit so easily.  I will get you a badge and a hat 🙂

Water aid are still looking for volunteers and asking if existing ones could do another week.  I’m doing 3rd-9th august and would definitely do another week if I could wrangle it.. 

Surprised they aren’t oversubscribed given the priority status for glasto 2022 that you get from volunteering at worthy pastures (Plus a week on the farm is going to be amazing anyway).

Apologies if this has been asked before but couldn't find anything on Google. Any indication as to how long the bar area will go on for in the evenings and any more info around that?

I know it's a very family-friendly place - just debating whether to go to this with my girlfriend. We're local anyway so not too fussed about the local attractions, and just wanted to try to gauge what the atmosphere might be like in the evenings. The days at least sound perfect - if we get nice weather it could be beautiful.

2 hours ago, BrizzleRob said:

Apologies if this has been asked before but couldn't find anything on Google. Any indication as to how long the bar area will go on for in the evenings and any more info around that?

I know it's a very family-friendly place - just debating whether to go to this with my girlfriend. We're local anyway so not too fussed about the local attractions, and just wanted to try to gauge what the atmosphere might be like in the evenings. The days at least sound perfect - if we get nice weather it could be beautiful.

Last orders are 10pm (I think they said before) but they can only sell until 10pm anyway.

161412736_Screenshot2021-06-01at09_02_44.thumb.png.54e91abf0d204f5a96bb27da577705fd.png.77e35addb279f827712a0ea7b55f0ce4.png

• Upvote 2

On 7/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, guypjfreak said:

If you can go to Ebber Gorge... Its near wooky hole and there's a camp site at the moment bottom of the hill with a pub right opposite. 

I've just Google mapped it and it looks like the campsite is a car park now... But still worth a day out it's one amazing place on a nice day.. 

Didn't realise the campsite had closed down. We used to camp there on the day before the gates open. From there through the back country lanes it used to bring you out right opposite the carparks entrance.

4 minutes ago, idb said:

Didn't realise the campsite had closed down. We used to camp there on the day before the gates open. From there through the back country lanes it used to bring you out right opposite the carparks entrance.

We used to camp on a site just outside Cheddar but seems it’s been turned into one of those static only sites.