Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

On 7/1/2021 at 8:42 AM, philipsteak said:

Cracking episode, made up for Ep3 which I suppose had to do a lot of set up. Loki dressed normally in a white shirt is very distracting though. I just see that creepy Centrum ad that Tom Hiddleston made for China

I want this to be made into a movie, it's so fucking creepy!

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Black Widow is out this week - is anyone actually going to pay for it via Disney+?

On the fence here, on one hand I want to see it, on the other I don't really want to pay and apparently it'll just be on regular Disney+ in October.

Think I'll probably wait.

Cinema for me. I get discount tickets with Vodafone Rewards, so it’s actually cheaper, even for 2 tickets. No brainer.

I’ll buy the blu ray too I suppose, I bought all the movies so can’t stop now 🙂

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Cinema for me. I get discount tickets with Vodafone Rewards, so it’s actually cheaper, even for 2 tickets. No brainer.

I’ll buy the blu ray too I suppose, I bought all the movies so can’t stop now 🙂

I'm the same with the blu rays... it's the same reason I still pick up a few particular comics too; I can't break the habit!

I started watching Agents of Shield a couple of months back. Thought the first series was ok is a sort of CSI, Law and Order kind of way i.e. something that is mildly diverting when there's not much else on, but it picked up towards the end and I'm really enjoying the 2nd series so far (about 7 episodes in).

How does it stand up through the remaining 876 episodes (or however many there actually are)?

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I started watching Agents of Shield a couple of months back. Thought the first series was ok is a sort of CSI, Law and Order kind of way i.e. something that is mildly diverting when there's not much else on, but it picked up towards the end and I'm really enjoying the 2nd series so far (about 7 episodes in).

How does it stand up through the remaining 876 episodes (or however many there actually are)?

Up and down. Not particularly helpful I know but accurate. As you'd expect for such a long running show. I'd say I generally enjoyed while watching but can't really remember much about it now. The last series was good, particularly the first half of it. Good fun

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Good and bad bits, each season has typically 2 arcs so depends how you take to them, I've disagreed with some people about which are the good and bad ones. Gets pretty weird which I think works in its favour, I enjoyed it till the end without it being something I'd definitely recommend to everyone.

I booked last week for this coming saturday afternoon's IMAX showing. Shocked to see every single seat was available (other than house seats). Normally a big release like that would be a quarter gone that early, then basically sold out on the day. We'll see how it goes obviously, but I wonder what the biggest hurdle for this film is: covid, as will get the blame, or it being available to just watch at home for the price of 2 imax tickets (where a whole family could watch it for that price, and not have to shell out for transport, parking and expensive cinema food)

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not in any way Marvel related but I imagine there's crossover in terms of who is watching...

New series of Rick and Morty is excellent as ever!

I caught up and watched the back end of last season and the first three of this one yesterday, man when they get a great idea and run with it it's one of the best shows going. The vat of acid one and decoy family one both just incredible sci-fi.

I've got my tickets booked for Friday. I've got a Cineworld Unlimited card so may as well use that rather than paying the additional fee on Disney+.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing a new MCU movie in the cinema but don't have the same buzz that I normally would. I think just cause it's been over a year since the movie was originally due. 

On 7/5/2021 at 4:07 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Black Widow is out this week - is anyone actually going to pay for it via Disney+?

On the fence here, on one hand I want to see it, on the other I don't really want to pay and apparently it'll just be on regular Disney+ in October.

Think I'll probably wait.

I’ll be paying for it on D+. My wife is not keen on the cinema yet & we have a tradition of always watching MCU films early doors, so… 🙂 

Incredible episode. Easily the best of all the shows so far, and probably better (or at least more fun) than a few of the films. Loads of ‘blink and you’ll miss it’ little fun Easter eggs scattered throughout as well for the comic nerds.

Big respect for Richard E. Grant managing to have an entire story arc in the space of 45 minutes and steal the show all while looking so ridiculous. 

Still none the wiser as to who’s running the TVA. I want it to be Kang which is obviously the most exciting route they could go down, but I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna end up being a combination of another Loki variant and/or Miss Minutes in some way. Considering this is a show called Loki which has featured tons of Lokis, guess it would make sense for the big bad to be yet another Loki. 

I'm personally I'm not a fan of it must be an uber baddie after all like some kind of M Night Shyamalan twist over what works for the story or that it makes a good story. Like Darkseid was never really a big name baddie until The Great Darkness Saga and now everytime it turns out to be Darkseid it seems like a cheap choice. Unless it's Stilt-Man, a plot twist reveal for he is behind ever thing would be amazing.

6 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm personally I'm not a fan of it must be an uber baddie after all like some kind of M Night Shyamalan twist over what works for the story or that it makes a good story. Like Darkseid was never really a big name baddie until The Great Darkness Saga and now everytime it turns out to be Darkseid it seems like a cheap choice. Unless it's Stilt-Man, a plot twist reveal for he is behind ever thing would be amazing.

Agree with this.

Came to the conclusion after WandaVision that just dumping a major villain in at the very end of the series would just cheapen what came before.

I love what we've had so far enough I'm not trying to prescribe anything for the finale, what we've had so far has been funner than most the rumours suggested. 

I do think they've done enough work for like a Kang post credit scene at the end, a bit like Thanos after Avengers Assemble, it looks like he's gonna be involved in phase 4 I'm a bigger way than simply just being in the next Ant Man film and they announced his casting really early for that. Either way this isn't the same as the Mephisto thing and having the marvel time travel villain that we know for a fact will appear again soon enough isn't a huge leap here.

I can see Hiddleston's Loki dying, unless they want him to share the screen again with Thor which from the sounds of Love And Thunder doesn't sound necessary, also this isn't our Thor's Loki. Have kid Loki and Sylvie moving forward so she can actually have a life not in an apocalypse and he can join the young Avengers they seem to be building up to. 

I wasn't convinced by morbius being a Loki until this week when seemingly only he and Lokis survive in the void, they surely have no time for that now.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Agree with this.

Came to the conclusion after WandaVision that just dumping a major villain in at the very end of the series would just cheapen what came before.

Yeah and also if it is Galactus, Doctor Doom or whoever it's just a waste of a character to not actually have them as a character. One of the things I liked about the Netflix Marvel shows were how good most of their bad guys were as you spent time with them but if they saved Kingpin or Purple Man for the very last episode it would have a very different experience.

The big baddie coming at the end is the kinda thing I expect from a rubbish 00s super hero movie.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah and also if it is Galactus, Doctor Doom or whoever it's just a waste of a character to not actually have them as a character. One of the things I liked about the Netflix Marvel shows were how good most of their bad guys were as you spent time with them but if they saved Kingpin or Purple Man for the very last episode it would have a very different experience.

The big baddie coming at the end is the kinda thing I expect from a rubbish 00s super hero movie.

Just makes the whole series feel like a setup for something else.