Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

Enjoyed Loki last night. I'd say possibly the weakest debut episode of these newest shows though. The aesthetic was very cool, really interested in the general premise and where we're going, but the execution of it all was a bit so-so for me. Just felt like a few scenes were overly long and dialogue heavy. To be clear, I very much appreciate what they're going for in the whole psychoanalysis of Loki and I'm generally not a huge action guy, but it did feel to me like some scenes went on a touch too long and started to lose the emotion. Definitely here for Owen Wilson though - he was giving me Bill Pullman vibes from Sinner. 

Couple of reviews I've read have said episode two proper ramps up compared to episode one! 

I personally wish the episodes weren't coming out on Wednesdays, I was loving watching Wanda and F&WS on the weekends. But with Loki I imagine everything would be spoiled by then if I waited. 

On 6/9/2021 at 1:00 PM, John the Moth said:

Loki was good, really good. And the premise is intriguing. But is it going to be great?

I think it has the potential to be, but it seems determined to be a comedy, which I expected to a degree. It was only intermittently funny, and it diluted some of the more dramatic moments, which I didn’t expect.

Solid 8 out of 10, but I don’t think it has hit its stride yet. To be fair, it is of course only 1 episode in so far.

I've been watching all the films this year. One thing they have is proper laughs, especially in Avengers 3 and Spider-Man, the sort that feels like it should be out of place, but isn't - similar to what you get in The Sopranos. The tv show comedy feels so forced. Wandavision had context for it at least.

I saw some clickbait article the other day with Hiddleston saying Loki was genderfluid. Bit of easy bait for some pride month retweeting? Or a sly hint that this other Loki they claim is knocking about is Lady Loki? With their being a female Thor now too, makes ya wonder

(bit funny how Owen Wilson showed the young child he could speak her language, and yet all she could do was point vaguely at a devil with horns haha)

Imagine if we end up with child Loki in the Young Avengers

19 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Imagine if we end up with child Loki in the Young Avengers

Given the other shows have both introduced Young Avengers I'd say it's pretty likely we come across a Kid Loki variant at some point.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, Zacko said:

I know we were burned with Mephisto, but surely a Kang cameo has to be somewhat likely? 

Although if we where to get a Kang cameo it'd be perfectly possible to introduce Iron Lad as this series' Young Avenger.

Kid Loki is definitely more likely though, played by Jack Veal if the internet is to be believed.

Just now, Gingerfish79 said:

So is the 'time bomb' at the end of ep. 2 the trigger for the coming Dr Strange and/or Spiderman films?

Seems to be that way, yeah. I’m guessing we’ll get the first Spider Man trailer once the multiverse has been well and truly cracked open in Loki/once this has finished.

I was sceptical initially about Marvel's plans for TV, thinking they would just be like Agents of Shield, mildly entertaining but pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. I've been really impressed at how they've gone about setting up the key arcs and themes for Phase 4 and beyond:

WandaVision - Wanda working through her grief and becoming the Scarlet Witch, introduces White Vision who will almost certainly resurface at some point.

TFATWS - Sam's journey to becoming Captain America and good insight into the state of the MCU post blip.

Loki - Time travel and multiverses introduced properly (or so it seems)

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was sceptical initially about Marvel's plans for TV, thinking they would just be like Agents of Shield, mildly entertaining but pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. I've been really impressed at how they've gone about setting up the key arcs and themes for Phase 4 and beyond:

WandaVision - Wanda working through her grief and becoming the Scarlet Witch, introduces White Vision who will almost certainly resurface at some point.

TFATWS - Sam's journey to becoming Captain America and good insight into the state of the MCU post blip.

Loki - Time travel and multiverses introduced properly (or so it seems)

Yeah it's mad to think we've got another 2 live action series coming this year as well. 

How many do you think they'll aim for in future? Maybe 3 series and 3 films a year when the backlog is cleared up? They've got a whole load of star wars stuff coming (even now the bad batch is on Fridays (and dead good)).

I'm so excited to get more films though. These series have been great (Loki especially so far) but I love a good, or to be honest even a bad, superhero film. I hope they still rely on big budget films for the big stuff. 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I'm so excited to get more films though. These series have been great (Loki especially so far) but I love a good, or to be honest even a bad, superhero film. I hope they still rely on big budget films for the big stuff. 

I know what you mean, TV allows better stories to be told as they have more time to tell them, but ultimately you want to see the action on a big screen. 

3 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Do agree now that one of the Timekeepers is Kang the Conqueror. The statue they keep showing looks a lot like Jonathan Majors.

Yeah I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least mentioned or heavily alluded to, but hopefully actually shows up, even just briefly.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least mentioned or heavily alluded to, but hopefully actually shows up, even just briefly.

With the next phase being a lot of time travel multiverse stuff, it'd make sense that Kang's going to be involved across the board. Might just get the equivalent of Thanos' post-credits debut after Avengers.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know what you mean, TV allows better stories to be told as they have more time to tell them, but ultimately you want to see the action on a big screen. 

I mean I know why it was a series, and I imagine I'm in the minority with this, but I think Bird+Arm would have been better as a film.

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's probably something really obvious that I've missed but what was the significance of the school pen? They focused on that for quite a while.

Just had a quick google and it seems there isn’t any definite answer and people are mostly just throwing out theories on it, so it’s probably gonna be something that gets brought up later.