Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I don't think they have ever actually yet teased bigger villains in any of the shows, it's just fans over thinking things and getting carried away. Someone was talking about how in Captain America's Boyz some bad guy was gonna show up and I pointed out how people got carried away with WandaVision only to be disapointed and it's just gonna be Agent 13, I was told I was wrong only then the episode comes and it's very much her. lol

It kinda makes me wish they would only reveal what the next movie or show is and nothing else as ever since Doctor Strange people won't shut up about the multiverse when there's other things to see in Marvel. I wanted to see what happened to Wanda after Endgame and Falcon becoming Captain America/John Walker being punch in his smug face but instead everyone wants to talk about how this effects what's happening 10 movies down the line.

Well I kinda get it because obviously the multiverse is a huge deal, and what with No Way Home seemingly going balls deep in to it straight off the bat it’s hard not to want to start making the connections of how we get there from where we are now. 

Although I kind of agree that they’ll probably leave the bigger villain reveals to the films rather than the shows. Maybe they’ll be teased (like that Time Keeper they’ve shown is obviously Kang) but having them introduced and making their first appearances in the shows maybe isn’t a good idea. 

14 minutes ago, jump said:

I don't think they have ever actually yet teased bigger villains in any of the shows, it's just fans over thinking things and getting carried away. Someone was talking about how in Captain America's Boyz some bad guy was gonna show up and I pointed out how people got carried away with WandaVision only to be disapointed and it's just gonna be Agent 13, I was told I was wrong only then the episode comes and it's very much her. lol

It kinda makes me wish they would only reveal what the next movie or show is and nothing else as ever since Doctor Strange people won't shut up about the multiverse when there's other things to see in Marvel. I wanted to see what happened to Wanda after Endgame and Falcon becoming Captain America/John Walker being punch in his smug face but instead everyone wants to talk about how this effects what's happening 10 movies down the line.

I disagree with that notion. Marvel and Feige know who their fans are and they knew damn well fans would speculate on, e.g. Mephisto being in WandaVision. They purposefully keep things vague, as Jass says probably partly as a way to retcon things in the future, but they know full well they're teasing the audience. You're dealing with, mostly, hardcore comic book fans who are looking for all these clues, and Feige and co. can't play dumb because they've consistently proven since 2008 that they understand their audience. Ultimately, WandaVision especially was better off for not having a big reveal at the end, but I think it's inaccurate to say "well the fans brought this on themselves with their clowning", and as you say yourself, part of it is fed even more by announcing all the upcoming movies.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I disagree with that notion. Marvel and Feige know who their fans are and they knew damn well fans would speculate on, e.g. Mephisto being in WandaVision. They purposefully keep things vague, as Jass says probably partly as a way to retcon things in the future, but they know full well they're teasing the audience. You're dealing with, mostly, hardcore comic book fans who are looking for all these clues, and Feige and co. can't play dumb because they've consistently proven since 2008 that they understand their audience. Ultimately, WandaVision especially was better off for not having a big reveal at the end, but I think it's inaccurate to say "well the fans brought this on themselves with their clowning", and as you say yourself, part of it is fed even more by announcing all the upcoming movies.

So where's Mephisto then 😜

They better not start retconning stuff, DC and Marvel comics are insufferable for how much history get's rewritten. Gwen Stacy was actually rogering The Green Goblin and had kids, MJ and Peter were never married as Aunt May was about to die from being too old, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't Magneto's kids etc DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!

19 minutes ago, jump said:

So where's Mephisto then 😜

They better not start retconning stuff, DC and Marvel comics are insufferable for how much history get's rewritten. Gwen Stacy was actually rogering The Green Goblin and had kids, MJ and Peter were never married as Aunt May was about to die from being too old, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't Magneto's kids etc DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!

Teasing something doesn’t mean it then has to happen. You can tease multiple directions but only pay off one of them, which is what they did in WandaVision with Mephisto, and the Quicksilver thing as well.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Teasing something doesn’t mean it then has to happen. You can tease multiple directions but only pay off one of them, which is what they did in WandaVision with Mephisto, and the Quicksilver thing as well.

If you say so but I saw nothing to suggest Mephisto at all in WandaVision myself other than fan theories which started to remind me when people started seeing 9/11 predictions in Slayer lyrics.

I prefer to think of the movies and shows as the main course themselves with the easter eggs and post credit scenes as the sides rather than every movie must be setting something else up. I hate the idea that every show and movies is actually just a two parter rather than part of an overall universe.

5 hours ago, Padjeq said:

The 4 different typefaces in the logo suggest 4 different Lokis imo. Kid Loki makes sense, and I'm trying to remember if there was a bird Loki in the books at one point, named Ikol? Might be confusing that with The Sandman.

Old Man Loki (Richard E Grant) maybe?

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Old Man Loki (Richard E Grant) maybe?

They cast him as Mr Sinister in Logan and then changed his character. They love recasting people who have been in superhero films, so I'm hoping he comes to the MCU

6 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

They cast him as Mr Sinister in Logan and then changed his character. They love recasting people who have been in superhero films, so I'm hoping he comes to the MCU

Was the Mr Sinister thing not just a rumour? Was pretty disappointed that he didn’t end up being in it as he seemed perfect for that role. Apparently he’s definitely in Loki though and he’d actually make a perfect older Loki so hopefully that’s what they’ve got him for.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Was the Mr Sinister thing not just a rumour? Was pretty disappointed that he didn’t end up being in it as he seemed perfect for that role. Apparently he’s definitely in Loki though and he’d actually make a perfect older Loki so hopefully that’s what they’ve got him for.

Oh wow I didn't realise he was definitely in Loki. That's too perfect.

There was a post-credits scene from a prior X-Men which set up the Mr Sinister angle, but then by the time Logan went into production everything had changed, and been moved away from the Singer films - like there being a new Caliban, for instance. None of those films fit together anymore anyway.

19 hours ago, mcshed said:

Ikol was where real Loki's soul was whilst Kid Loki was growing and being better and trying to change only for original Loki to take back control.

You can't make a Hamlet without breaking a few eggs.

I doubt we'd get Ikol as it's so linked to Kid Loki's main story and I think Kid Loki will only have a little cameo.

If you want a 4th Loki then I reckon your 4th Loki is likely to be another Hiddlestone variant. I know there is talk of Kang being behind the TVA but I wouldn't be surprised if the The Time Keepers was a cover story for a Loki controlling the timeline.

We just need a talking head and a dog then we can have Loki Corps!

51alc+13loL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I vaguely remember talk about how people thought Mr Sinister was gonna be a bad guy as in one of the previous movies they were doing things like calling a school or hospital a Essex (his real name) or something like that.

18 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Oh wow I didn't realise he was definitely in Loki. That's too perfect.

There was a post-credits scene from a prior X-Men which set up the Mr Sinister angle, but then by the time Logan went into production everything had changed, and been moved away from the Singer films - like there being a new Caliban, for instance. None of those films fit together anymore anyway.

The X-Men films never did but at least it matches the X-Men comics where it has a ridiculously convoluted and inconsistent canon. Yay, it's comic accurate! lol

8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I wasn’t a fan of this weeks episode, felt like a mediocre Doctor Who episode all in visuals, script, pacing and acting (mainly of Sophia Di Martino).

I thought it was okay but tbh this whole ‘varient’ plot isn’t really doing it for me. I’m not sure what I expected from the show but it’s kind of just fallen in to generic Marvel territory for me so far. Was expecting wacky time travelling hijinks but it’s not really delivered on that. Tom Hiddleston has said the next two episodes are his favourite so here’s hoping for some multiverse breaking craziness, and of course, more Owen Wilson. This latest one was sorely missing Owen Wilson.

Feel like there’s zero hype surrounding this so will be interesting to see if it being one of the first post-pandemic MCU films in cinemas does it favours or if it’s just drowned out by the No Way Home hype coming a month later. Looks like it could easily fall in to the generic MCU origin story category, but hopefully not. Hyped to see the actual Mandarin finally more than anything else so hope he doesn’t turn out to be a typical underwhelming one and done Marvel villain. Also a very unexpected appearance at the end of the trailer:

Edited by FloorFiller

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Feel like there’s zero hype surrounding this so will be interesting to see if it being one of the first post-pandemic MCU films in cinemas does it favours or if it’s just drowned out by the No Way Home hype coming a month later. Looks like it could easily fall in to the generic MCU origin story category, but hopefully not. Hyped to see the actual Mandarin finally more than anything else so hope he doesn’t turn out to be a typical underwhelming one and done Marvel villain. Also a very unexpected appearance at the end of the trailer:

I remember seeing Ragnarok at the cinema and her audibly gasping when Hulk showed up coz she hadn't seen any trailers, I was so jealous. From then on vowed to try and watch as few trailers as possible.

Anyhoo watched that trailer is great, it's hard to get too hyped about that and the eternals as they're so close together and I know so little about them but I'm really excited to be back in the cinema watching superheroes again. Mad cameo. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Assume you're talking aboutAbomination, but was that Fing Fang Foom under the water too?

On 6/23/2021 at 5:47 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I wasn’t a fan of this weeks episode, felt like a mediocre Doctor Who episode all in visuals, script, pacing and acting (mainly of Sophia Di Martino).

Completely agree, especially about Lady Loki. No charm at all, and I'm not sure if it's by design or what. Uninteresting Hermione Granger annoyed at the adventure the naughty boyz are trying to bring into her life.

Tell ya what though, Jonathan Hickman's New/Avengers run was as good as superhero comics get, and seeing the incursion events happen in the MCU is mental. I knew the multiverse was the phase 3 over-arching plot, but I think Infinity War will be phase 4. We could get an Earth with evil Chris Evans Captain America still on it, ready to crash into our one. If this story happens, with the cabal of avengers like Namor and Reed Richards secretly blowing up worlds, I'll really really miss Black Panther not being around any more.

8 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Assume you're talking aboutAbomination, but was that Fing Fang Foom under the water too?

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that somebody confirmed the inclusion of a dragon in the film but that it’s not gonna be Fing Fang Foom. Maybe something they’re saving for a potential sequel.

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Completely agree, especially about Lady Loki. No charm at all, and I'm not sure if it's by design or what. Uninteresting Hermione Granger annoyed at the adventure the naughty boyz are trying to bring into her life.

Tell ya what though, Jonathan Hickman's New/Avengers run was as good as superhero comics get, and seeing the incursion events happen in the MCU is mental. I knew the multiverse was the phase 3 over-arching plot, but I think Infinity War will be phase 4. We could get an Earth with evil Chris Evans Captain America still on it, ready to crash into our one. If this story happens, with the cabal of avengers like Namor and Reed Richards secretly blowing up worlds, I'll really really miss Black Panther not being around any more.

I both love and hate the idea of the "evil twin", someone like Maestro would be great or Hydra Cap for the shock value of the more casual Marvel movie fan but then it's too easy to get into duds like Spider-Man's clones. I also don't think it's a trick that would work more than once so I hope everything isn't gonna be evil doppelganger Avengers as it would lose it's impact.

Apparently Chris Evans hated Hydra Cap in the comics so even with all the money they throw at him he may still say no.