news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Skip997 said:

There's not going to be any riots, just the usual "yes sir, no sir" cap doffing.

If this country was going to riot they'd have done it years ago.

Will just have to see … not so sure people unable to heat or eat with relatives dying will cause some drastic responses … 

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Will Truss be cursing or thanking queenie for interrupting her big announcement day?

Worst timing ever.

Does that mean your place in Barcelona is empty during the official hysteria period? Tempting.

I don't live in Barcelona just my boss and some of my team does. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I don't live in Barcelona just my boss and some of my team does. 

That's a shame cause this country is going to be bollox to live in when she pops her clogs. I'm still traumatised by my village's overreaction to the silver jubilee where we got turned into a disney bunting fiasco, it's going to be unbearable, although I do look good in black.

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

That's a shame cause this country is going to be bollox to live in when she pops her clogs. I'm still traumatised by my village's overreaction to the silver jubilee where we got turned into a disney bunting fiasco, it's going to be unbearable, although I do look good in black.

Yep this holiday has been postponed 3 times already. Beginning to feel it's cursed!! 

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I dunno they might still want to eat … ? Might upset a few more if they close … not sure on the figures of royal support these days though 

is this truss getting her wish for the end of the monarchy?

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

love or hate her, republican or monarchist, it is still a big moment for this country. She's been there for such a long time, and has remained popular pretty much throughout, despite no one really knowing what she was actually like.

Shouldn't this be in the Coldplay thread?

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I am very much a republican and very anti monarchy but there is no doubting her lifetime service to the country.  Will be very sad when it happens and the guy following is half the person she is sadly.

Edited by Skip997
bad post sorry