LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

5 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Lol funnily enough, yeah. But my mate is definitely taking the piss this time!

Screenshot for proof in case he isn’t!

B463FE59-02E6-4FF7-BDB3-0D877AEF4E4F.jpeg.cb26b882f3cb33402ee52aed6b9a31b9.jpeg

Please don’t be a pierce o brien j cole whatever situation I really want to believe you this time.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Please don’t be a pierce o brien j cole whatever situation I really want to believe you this time.

Nah I’d be shocked if it was true.

Even if it does come this evening I’m pretty sure it’d just be a coincidence. He’s defo lying.

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We sometimes get a lull of posts from @Neil whilst he updates the lineup pages don’t we ? Let’s hope he’s stood by his bed and not still in it 

have been busy trying to fix the website.

5 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Maybe Emily is just waiting for Neil to confirm the website is fixed? 
Currently at Glasto HQ they’re frantically discussing Neil’s announcement time and date.

I have long suspected that someone high up at GFL reads these forums.

How often do we go mad about a certain act here and they get booked a few years later?

Just now, Matt42 said:

How often do we go mad about a certain act here and they get booked a few years later?

It might just be because the act is decent and not because of efests ( October drift ) if anyone from hq is reading 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

While I agree that GFL will read or at minimum have an awareness of what's going on here (and on Facebook, and Twitter, etc), I think you're drawing a line that probably isn't there in terms of bookings.

GFL have multiple bookers working for or with them, who have connections with all aspects of the music business. Those same acts would get booked (and plenty others do) even without being mentioned on efests.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Some members of their team will obviously be aware but it has zero influence on bookings etc.
Glasto isn't that much fun for most touring bands, it pays less and is extremely tight on timings/turnarounds/guestlist etc. Unfortunately its not held in such high regard by bands than it is fans!

Something that's occurred to me -

One of the reasons given as to why they should get the lineup out is to drive balance payments, and separately people have commented about their surprise that it's been "low profile" this year especially given that it's a month earlier.

Could it be that the festival would see a bit more "turnover" than usual as an actual positive and something to be encouraged? With the initial ticket sale now being 2 and a half years ago, there's a lot of people who could feel effectively "locked out" of Glastonbury, and so if there's (for example) 3 times as many tickets as usual up for resale then it goes some way to mitigating that?