LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I suspect we're trying to read too much into things (as usual). Isn't it more likely that the festival are just trying to be respectful of current mood around the world regarding the awful situation in Ukraine? I'm not saying they are delaying announcements, they may or may not have done that, but I feel sure there would have been much more fanfare regarding the balance payments if a massive war in Europe hadn't just broken out.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Something that's occurred to me -

One of the reasons given as to why they should get the lineup out is to drive balance payments, and separately people have commented about their surprise that it's been "low profile" this year especially given that it's a month earlier.

Could it be that the festival would see a bit more "turnover" than usual as an actual positive and something to be encouraged? With the initial ticket sale now being 2 and a half years ago, there's a lot of people who could feel effectively "locked out" of Glastonbury, and so if there's (for example) 3 times as many tickets as usual up for resale then it goes some way to mitigating that?

Seems like a gamble. The festival will never take for granted that it’s an instant sell out. It relies on being an instant sell out to keep it viable.

If they got too cocky with it, there could be damage caused which they’d struggle to recover.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

One of the reasons given as to why they should get the lineup out is to drive balance payments, and separately people have commented about their surprise that it's been "low profile" this year especially given that it's a month earlier.

Could it be that the festival would see a bit more "turnover" than usual as an actual positive and something to be encouraged? With the initial ticket sale now being 2 and a half years ago, there's a lot of people who could feel effectively "locked out" of Glastonbury, and so if there's (for example) 3 times as many tickets as usual up for resale then it goes some way to mitigating that?

Do you think due to this extra amount of tickets they will announce as the biggest resale ever or something like that?

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Do you think due to this extra amount of tickets they will announce as the biggest resale ever or something like that?

I don't think they'd make any mention of numbers. also, would be frustrating to get your hopes up about it and then not bag a ticket 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

The figures on here seem to indicate it, but I don't believe the festival has ever divulged numbers so it's unlikely we will get to know.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

My best guess is probably not directly, but that we may get a more subtle indication of how many tickets are up based on how hard they push it.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

Would be an absolutely awful way to run a business.

The festival want (and need) to sell all the tickets in the quickest and easiest way possible. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

Bit pointless if they are still holding back due to Ukraine. Plenty of festivals have dropped since. No one would even bat an eyelid.

Maybe 🤔 initially there was a chance they might have been … but they aren’t now that news isn’t really getting much better 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Some are guessing tonight at 7pm, but nobody actually has a scooby.

Yeah it's not looking good. At the moment, I don't think anyone in our group has actually paid because they're all a bit pissed off that no lineup has come. Only 3 out of our 12 aren't regular attendees as well.

They all know what the festival is about, but not even having the 3 headliners officially confirmed is rubbing them up the wrong way a bit, and I would tend to agree if I'm honest.

We seem to have known on here for months who the final two headliners are, so why haven't they been announced?

4 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yeah it's not looking good. At the moment, I don't think anyone in our group has actually paid because they're all a bit pissed off that no lineup has come. Only 3 out of our 12 aren't regular attendees as well.

They all know what the festival is about, but not even having the 3 headliners officially confirmed is rubbing them up the wrong way a bit, and I would tend to agree if I'm honest.

We seem to have known on here for months who the final two headliners are, so why haven't they been announced?

Maybe it's the record companys who want there acts to perform at other festivals where they get paid more ? As for past couple years there artists,bands etc etc haven't brought them in much money 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I think this is the thing though. We are on a forum where we all obsess over the festival. The general festival goer probably doesn't know about Macca and Kendrick. They may have seen it in passing or the odd rumour but nowhere near as much as we do here. So when the poster is dropped it will be a huge surprise to the majority of ticket holders.

Not an excuse for them not dropping the poster, I'm really surprised they haven't. Just not sure the other 2 headliners are that well known outside of this forum.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I think they're just sticking to the usual lineup announcement timeline and changing the balance window is the only thing that's been brought forward.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think this is the thing though. We are on a forum where we all obsess over the festival. The general festival goer probably doesn't know about Macca and Kendrick. They may have seen it in passing or the odd rumour but nowhere near as much as we do here. So when the poster is dropped it will be a huge surprise to the majority of ticket holders.

Not an excuse for them not dropping the poster, I'm really surprised they haven't. Just not sure the other 2 headliners are that well known outside of this forum.

But this is what I'm saying. Unless we're waaaaayyyy off the mark, the festival have their headliners booked so why haven't they been announced?

Are they hoping people don't pay their balance? Are they testing people's faith in the festival? Is it pure arrogance?

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I think they're just sticking to the usual lineup announcement timeline and changing the balance window is the only thing that's been brought forward.

It’s a ballsy move to not even give people Macca tho - who is clearly ready to be confirmed.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah, I see no end of stuff on Twitter saying "hey look, so and so is touring, they must be headlining Glastonbury!". I don't think Kendrick and Macca is quite as common knowledge as we may think.

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah, probably.

There's obviously a lot more factors that go into the announcement date than just the balance deadline. It'll come when it comes.