LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I was surprised that I didn't get an email/Text from See Tickets on Tuesday to remind me to pay off my balance. I was expecting something to jog my memory, with the last email I got being on Monday 21st February (over a week before). I wouldn't be surprised, with the breakout of war dominating the news and social media, that some people might have just forgotten.

2 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

I was surprised that I didn't get an email/Text from See Tickets on Tuesday to remind me to pay off my balance. I was expecting something to jog my memory, with the last email I got being on Monday 21st February (over a week before). I wouldn't be surprised, with the breakout of war dominating the news and social media, that some people might have just forgotten.

I’ve had to remind a lot of people this week - only about half have paid so far. Very different to any other year (all regular attendees)

Just now, Gingerfish79 said:

Swings and roundabouts. My group of 10 have all paid, and we have another three friends who will be trying during the resale.

Yep, 5/5 here with 2 newbies.  Plus another 2 who want tickets.

Also seen loads of people online saying they’ve paid…. Although I’m a Liverpool fan so that explains that!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’d say now there is no chance it’s coming this week.

Wow Glasto is playing a ballsy game. 

They’re not really, the thing will still sell out immediately in the resale regardless of how many don’t pay this week.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

They’re not really, the thing will still sell out immediately in the resale regardless of how many don’t pay this week.

Is that really what they want to rely on though? I think it’s highly risky to take sell outs for granted whilst also being completely reliant on the festival to sell out in order to operate. We saw how much 2008 was a shoddy year.

All it takes is one seriously wet year, logistics issues or whatever and the festival may have less demand than usual. Or the emergence of other festivals coming and stealing a big chunk of the ticket paying audience. 

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Is that really what they want to rely on though? I think it’s highly risky to take sell outs for granted whilst also being completely reliant on the festival to sell out in order to operate. We saw how much 2008 was a shoddy year.

All it takes is one seriously wet year, logistics issues or whatever and the festival may have less demand than usual. 

I guarantee come October not a single person will care that they didn’t release a lineup before balance day.

Not one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I see what you are implying here. Holt is a type of bed that we should all stand by. Rejoice! The poster is imminent!

https://bedtimebedcentre.co.uk/collections/guest-beds-sofa-beds/products/holt-guest-bed-with-drawers

Put it away you're embareasing yourself 

I’ve said before that I have sympathy for those who want to see the lineup now they’ve paid. But the impatience from some who should know better is a joke.

To infer that not releasing anything this week could do long term damage to the festival is ridiculous, hysterical and quite frankly utter bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I guarantee come October not a single person will care that they didn’t release a lineup before balance day.

Not one.

It’s not just that really it’s a mix of things. My point is that it’s a dangerous game to become too comfortable and rest on “oh well we sell out no matter what we do”

A financial crisis, cost of living crisis, a war, a pandemic, a competitor, demographic shift, whatever. Business 101 is to never consider yourself invincible.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I’ve said before that I have sympathy for those who want to see the lineup now they’ve paid. But the impatience from some who should know better is a joke.

To infer that not releasing anything this week could do long term damage to the festival is ridiculous, hysterical and quite frankly utter bollocks.

Aye. There might be more tickets back in the pot, but they’ll be snapped up right away in a few weeks time.