LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

But this is what I'm saying. Unless we're waaaaayyyy off the mark, the festival have their headliners booked so why haven't they been announced?

Are they hoping people don't pay their balance? Are they testing people's faith in the festival? Is it pure arrogance?

I think they just want to give the resale crew the best chance of getting their. They've seen our dedication to the cause and think we'd be more worthy than all the people who whine about not having the poster before they pay their money. 😄 

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

But this is what I'm saying. Unless we're waaaaayyyy off the mark, the festival have their headliners booked so why haven't they been announced?

Are they hoping people don't pay their balance? Are they testing people's faith in the festival? Is it pure arrogance?

It's most likely none of the above.

Kendrick wants to announce with/after a new album.

Macca wants to get his BST/Anfield/wherever date on sale first.

Or any number of other things we don't have visibility of. Not everything is up to the festival.

But Macca essentially self-confirmed last week. It seems unlikely he’d tease it so openly without some agreement that it can be revealed at that point. So like Matt said, to hold off from announcing a headliner who’s happy to be confirmed seems odd. Also agree about the general silence across the board being odd as well, given the wait.

I can see the resale being large and the chances of success better than normal, especially if this silence continues past the balance window closing. 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

But Macca essentially self-confirmed last week. It seems unlikely he’d tease it so openly without some agreement that it can be revealed at that point. So like Matt said, to hold off from announcing a headliner who’s happy to be confirmed seems odd. Also agree about the general silence across the board being odd as well, given the wait.

I can see the resale being large and the chances of success better than normal, especially if this silence continues past the balance window closing. 

Essentially self confirming isn't confirming though (and there's still just about enough ambiguity there - LONDON fits, and the date is free at BST).

So for example he personally may well want it out there, but If - hypothetically - he's signed a contract with a promoter saying "nothing else will be announced until date X", then he'll have to stick to the letter of that. Regardless of whether everyone "knows" Glastonbury is coming or not.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah, I see no end of stuff on Twitter saying "hey look, so and so is touring, they must be headlining Glastonbury!". I don't think Kendrick and Macca is quite as common knowledge as we may think.

Ngl. I think there’s still some hope from non fans it isn’t Kendrick. 

One in my group is still holding out for Swift 

Just now, Freddyflintstonree said:

I am sure it was delayed for some reason. Probably Ukraine, but could be anything. That makes perfect sense to me. 

I will say its odd that so little fuss has been made about balance payments though. 

What more do we usually have apart from an email and announcement of them being open though ? I can’t remember anything else ? 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What more do we usually have apart from an email and announcement of them being open though ? I can’t remember anything else ? 

nothing.

I think nearly 3 years of no festival is sending people a bit loopy and expecting more than they usually get.

The line up will come when it comes, and if people drop out because of no poster before balance deadline then that is their choice.  Don't see why others are getting so upset about it on behalf of other people (themselves)

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

WHAT IF... there's some kind of doubt about the festival going ahead, so they're holding off on making too big of a fuss?

*Dons tin hat and runs*

/trolling 

Why would they ask for balances if it isn’t going ahead?

48 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

The conflict in Ukraine is not going to be over in March and most likely for a very long time. At the beginning, first couple of days I would understand holding an announcement, but now...

A bit weird the silence around their accounts overall.

Yeah, they’re really quiet on social media. Which I sort of commend… normally. 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm still clinging on to this theory of a picture from of the festivals prior. With that in mind we can stand down as they haven't even posted 2019 yet. 

Friday 11th, 8am for the poster.

Nah, tickets for Electric picnic go on sale that day with a lineup announced the day before, I know its in a different country, however its Benns baby and he won't want Glasto taking anything away from it, or people comparing lineups too much. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I think they just want to give the resale crew the best chance of getting their. They've seen our dedication to the cause and think we'd be more worthy than all the people who whine about not having the poster before they pay their money. 😄 

It is all part of the blatant and calculated attempt to make sure the most worthy make there way to festival, why else would it be called Worthy Farm. Why do you think ticket day takes so long? Whilst your on the holding page there are sophisticated background checks to rate your worthiness, did you vote in the last election, have you donated to green peace, do you follow vegetarian (not vegan, the worthy should drink worthy Farm milk) social media pages and most importantly have you ever said 'Glastonbury isn't about the line up'. This all gives you your worthiness score and hey presto if you're above the threshold you no longer need to press f5

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

It is all part of the blatant and calculated attempt to make sure the most worthy make there way to festival, why else would it be called Worthy Farm. Why do you think ticket day takes so long? Whilst your on the holding page there are sophisticated background checks to rate your worthiness, did you vote in the last election, have you donated to green peace, do you follow vegetarian (not vegan, the worthy should drink worthy Farm milk) social media pages and most importantly have you ever said 'Glastonbury isn't about the line up'. This all gives you your worthiness score and hey presto if you're above the threshold you no longer need to press f5

Oh if only I think I'd pass all those checks 😄