LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

34 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I don’t see what’s confusing, really.

Some people are acting like others should just be grateful to be going to Glastonbury without knowing who they’ll be able to see.

A lot of people would like to know who’s playing as there are tons of other festivals they’d be able to spend their money on if it turns out that the lineup is not to their tastes. I’ve had friends pull out for this reason in the past.

It was a joke. Look at the bit I quoted. eFests is a cult. Don’t diss the G 😉 

1 minute ago, Cam91 said:

Yeah there's always some. Some will always want a festival catered to them in every single way, such is the world we live in.

I just don't objectively think the festival is doing anything inherently wrong or taking anyone for granted by not announcing it... 

Bruh wanting to know the lineup is decent for your tastes before paying is not wanting “a festival catered to them in every single way”, that’s ridiculous.

When I booked a ticket for Primavera I knew what the lineup was. When I have been to other foreign festivals or used to go to Leeds Fest as a teenager I wouldn’t have booked them not knowing the lineup. That’s not being entitled, that’s completely normal.

A lot of people haven’t been to Glasto/don’t know about the other aspects of the fest/don’t care about them. That’s fine.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Bruh wanting to know the lineup is decent for your tastes before paying is not wanting “a festival catered to them in every single way”, that’s ridiculous.

When I booked a ticket for Primavera I knew what the lineup was. When I have been to other foreign festivals or used to go to Leeds Fest as a teenager I wouldn’t have booked them not knowing the lineup. That’s not being entitled, that’s completely normal.

A lot of people haven’t been to Glasto/don’t know about the other aspects of the fest/don’t care about them. That’s fine.

I didn't mean you were suggesting that... more meant there's always a few in every situation who demand something suits them rather than what the masses care or don't care about. Thought the exaggeration of my point was making that clear but never mind. 

and a lot of people who haven't been do know about them and want to go to experience them... 

feel my point is being lost here that I'm not disagreeing the lineup a huge part (obvs the biggest part), nor am i saying its 'better' without it. I just think this constant narrative of people talking on behalf 'a lot of people..' is a bit misguided as if everyone else is different to us few discussing this here, i don't believe they are. 

2 minutes ago, Cam91 said:

I didn't mean you were suggesting that... more meant there's always a few in every situation who demand something suits them rather than what the masses care or don't care about. Thought the exaggeration of my point was making that clear but never mind. 

and a lot of people who haven't been do know about them and want to go to experience them... 

feel my point is being lost here that I'm not disagreeing the lineup a huge part (obvs the biggest part), nor am i saying its 'better' without it. I just think this constant narrative of people talking on behalf 'a lot of people..' is a bit misguided as if everyone else is different to us few discussing this here, i don't believe they are. 

Nah I agree that the majority of ticketholders will be happy to pay it off, I just disagree with some people on here thinking people are “entitled” if they don’t want to pay without seeing the lineup.

36 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

Do you book a package holiday based on the general info on the website and trip advisor reviews? Or do you get the company to give you a detailed itinerary of how you’re going to spend every day before you part with your cash? 

I don't go on package holidays but I would actually expect everything available to me in the package I bought to be detailed to me, yeah. Wouldn't you?

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Imagine rocking up to Glasto with the lineup unannounced and opening the programme to see

Friday:
Pyramid: Coldplay
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen

Saturday:
Pyramid: Kasabian
Other: Major Lazer

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran
Other: Stereophonics

It would still be better than the Latitude lineup 😂

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't go on package holidays but I would actually expect everything available to me in the package I bought to be detailed to me, yeah. Wouldn't you?

It’s not like people are going to rock up to Glastonbury and there be no stages, no bands, no bars…

33 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Michael has said in the past he wanted to do a festival without the line up known 

Michaels involvement in the festival now is probably miniscule. I don’t know why people still think he books the acts.

I think the variety bazaar idea would have resolved a lot of this bollox.

Basically make a big glamping 400 quid a ticket pop festival outside of birmingham and roll back the expansion of gbury and have it for we purists, just sat about dreadlocking each others pubes in a field full of cows on a ley line and every band on the lineup is pentangle.

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Michaels involvement in the festival now is probably miniscule. I don’t know why people still think he books the acts.

I reckon he sometimes talks to an act when Emily thinks they need to turn on the charm. 

Just now, blutarsky said:

I reckon he sometimes talks to an act when Emily thinks they need to turn on the charm. 

I reckon it’s even less than that. He probably hears over the kitchen table who Emily is booking and she probably explains to him who they are.

You could tell when he was excited for Taylor Swift it sounded like he was talking about an act he heard about five minutes ago.