Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Is it possible to offer someone a headline slot for 2022 or 2023… like is there a way that could be pitched without coming off like an obvious second choice? It is interesting that he can make both 2022 or 2023.

Sure it is. Especially right now there have to be contingency plans for talent, especially headliners. A recent example of that was Tame Impala at Coachella. They werent even supposed to be on the bill in 2019. They were slated for 2020 and when Justin Timberlake couldnt do it, they got moved up a year. If you dont have backup plans or even the ability to be able to pull something out of the sky then you’re not doing things the right way. 

So where the hell did Coldplay popping up go? And I think now there might be an opening to get Kpop onto the farm with that new song they just released. Imagine BTS popping up and being show on BBC on the primetime broadcast. 

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm predicting Harry Styles doing a Friday sunset slot on the pyramid. 

Just finishing a big US tour, due a new album next year. Won an ivor Novello the other night. No plans for 2022 so far.

When I ran that Twitter account someone dropped me a message they heard he was lined up for 2021… but I’m doubtful as it doesn’t sound like there was much of a 2021 lineup to begin with. Sounds like the festival didn’t really put much in place.

If we are potentially looking at a bit of a day shuffle, what do you think this means for other bookings on the bill? Feel like we could see a bit of a reorganisation.

Aerosmith said they were back on the Saturday. So I guess that’s probably still the arrangement. But it would be interesting to see if acts like Noel would move to the Sunday / who would be under Kendrick etc.

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That's interesting. The day's energy changes quite dramatically if Kendrick does top the bill on Sat.

You'd think they'd do a wholesale shift of the dad rock acts.

Just imagine Kiwanuka > Ross > Aerosmith > NGHFB > Macca

I'm shopping for chairs and picnic blankets at the very thought...

• Upvote 1

Billie Eilish / Lorde / J Cole / Sigrid

QOTSA / Wolf Alice

Little Simz

Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher / Aerosmith / Crowded House

Dua Lipa / AJ Tracey

Bicep

Kendrick Lamar / HAIM / The Specials / Diana Ross

Pet Shop Boys / Robyn

The Isley Brothers

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

If the J. Cole news is valid (big if), that puts him on whatever day Kendrick is on — surely.

I see Aerosmith moving with Macca if the auld fogies are available for both days.

Aerosmith can easily do Sunday as their next gig isn’t until the Tuesday - but they’ve already announced they are back on the Saturday… so I would be surprised to see them move a day after already confirming the date they are booked. There probably has been some logistics organised already.

How would Aerosmith go down as a sub for Kendrick? An all American night at the pyramid stage? I know they were originally billed as a secret set but I think we may need to be open to some slots getting reorganised? (I think it’s still more likely they will be third down but just opening it up).

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Aerosmith can easily do Sunday as their next gig isn’t until the Tuesday - but they’ve already announced they are back on the Saturday… so I would be surprised to see them move a day after already confirming the date they are booked. There probably has been some logistics organised already.

Tbf, if Aerosmith have announced the Saturday then I reckon Macca is back doing that too. I get the locals argument but personally don’t think they’ve rearranged the pyramid lineups just because Taylor can’t do it!

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Tbf, if Aerosmith have announced the Saturday then I reckon Macca is back doing that too. I get the locals argument but personally don’t think they’ve rearranged the pyramid lineups just because Taylor can’t do it!

But by that logic they have as Kendrick has been moved to another day to accommodate Billie. So I don’t think it’s much of a reach. We didn’t know that Aerosmith were there for Macca and Macca only…

Just now, Matt42 said:

But by that logic they have as Kendrick has been moved to another day to accommodate Billie. So I don’t think it’s much of a reach. We didn’t know that Aerosmith were there for Macca and Macca only…

We didn’t but we knew Aerosmith were there on the Saturday, Noel was subbing Macca.  We already know DR is the legend.  Moving all them over personally doesn’t work (IMO).  swapping Kendrick and say Billie (obvs was TS) opposite Fatboy and PSB doesn’t really matter.  Subs mentioned have been Wolf Alice, Lorde, HAIM etc… all could sub either if we’re honest.  

Im probably wrong but I just can’t see them changing it all just because of 1 non returning headliner 

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Would there ever have been as un-Sunday a headliner as Kendrick?

Mumford & Sons come to mind, but even then it's a reach, because that brand of banjo shite was peak Radio 2 at the time. Beyoncé was a groundbreaker but it was a glitzy pop show with covers of Prince and a Destiny's Child medley — pop friendly. Basement Jaxx and Muse in the mid-00s count to an extent.

Still... flamethrower-heavy, trap-leaning, brainiac rap from Compton for the blanket brigade? I'm not sure I see it.

Well Glastonbury made that lot sit through half of The Who dying on stage tbf.

43 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Would there ever have been as un-Sunday a headliner as Kendrick?

Mumford & Sons come to mind, but even then it's a reach, because that brand of banjo shite was peak Radio 2 at the time. Beyoncé was a groundbreaker but it was a glitzy pop show with covers of Prince and a Destiny's Child medley — pop friendly. Basement Jaxx and Muse in the mid-00s count to an extent.

Still... flamethrower-heavy, trap-leaning, brainiac rap from Compton for the blanket brigade? I'm not sure I see it.

Scenes when Maggie from The Rotary Club gets up from her chair and makes it rain when Money Trees drops. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I reckon Aerosmith are more likely to stay put at 3 on the Saturday, with a Lorde or similar in between.

Sunday is gonna be a sea of picnic blankets otherwise..

Having watched the Look Away documentary on Sky last week, I wonder if Emily is having second thoughts about having Aerosmith at Glastonbury? I for one would not be showing up to watch Steven Tyler. 

23 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Having watched the Look Away documentary on Sky last week, I wonder if Emily is having second thoughts about having Aerosmith at Glastonbury? I for one would not be showing up to watch Steven Tyler. 

They have already said they are playing and I think that’s a bit of a remote suggestion. She won’t bin them from the lineup just like that.

35 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

What about that documentary would make her rethink booking them? They’ve hardly ever been known for being a bunch of lovely gentlemanly lads. Outside of him actually snorting a line off a child on screen or something I’m guessing there isn’t too much shocking new info there. 

21 hours ago, sisco said:

This. They’re not going to rearrange the festival to keep a few thousand locals happy. 

18 minutes ago, henry bear said:

This. They’re not going to rearrange the festival to keep a few thousand locals happy. 

But it’s not about locals it’s about the fact that the headliners are being shuffled anyway as Kendrick was meant to be on the Friday?