Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

But it’s not about locals it’s about the fact that the headliners are being shuffled anyway as Kendrick was meant to be on the Friday? 

Ok, so if Kendrick’s no longer doing the Friday, why then is everyone here assuming  he’s doing the Saturday? 
I think if Aerosmith and Macca are both playing, it’ll be the same day. We know Emily said Macca had something special planned (for 2020), and we know most of the acts down to play the 2020 Saturday are still in the game. And Aerosmith’s ‘leak’ shows them playing the Saturday next year. 
Another possibility is that Neil’s info isn’t quite right and Billie’s doing the Sunday night in place of Taylor. 

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Ok, so if Kendrick’s no longer doing the Friday, why then is everyone here assuming  he’s doing the Saturday? 
I think if Aerosmith and Macca are both playing, it’ll be the same day. We know Emily said Macca had something special planned (for 2020), and we know most of the acts down to play the 2020 Saturday are still in the game. And Aerosmith’s ‘leak’ shows them playing the Saturday next year. 
Another possibility is that Neil’s info isn’t quite right and Billie’s doing the Sunday night in place of Taylor. 

Few things there.

Billie is only available on the Friday, so she is headlining the Friday. All information about Billie has been about her on the Friday.

My assumption, and this is an assumption, is that they have put offers out to the 2020 headliners to return. Billie had the O2 dates lined up on Glasto weekend and her team probably signalled to Glastonbury that they’d like to be booked. Taylor probably told them she isn’t going to be around until 2023 (maybe as she’s busy with the re-recordings), heck she could even have a wedding booked for her and Joe that is under wraps.

They probably offered Billie the Friday and left Saturday and Sunday open for Kendrick and Paul to come back to them. The Friday may have been a better day to book Billie if she intended to do weekend shows at the O2. Aerosmith probably instantly rolled over their slot as they announced both their 2021 and 2022 plans pretty early. There is no way that Kendrick / Paul agreed to come back before Aerosmith did. It’s simply too early.

If rumours are to be believed Kendrick sits on offers for quite a long time and then one day just signs a bunch of contracts. It was like that in 2020 and 2021, where it was up in the air and then all of a sudden everything was in writing. 

The association of Aerosmith and Paul McCartney is totally created on here and isn’t fact at all. We don’t know if they were a package deal at all.

Tldr - my prediction is that they just held headline spots for Kendrick and Paul - rather than holding day specific slots for them.

Edited by Matt42

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

What about that documentary would make her rethink booking them? They’ve hardly ever been known for being a bunch of lovely gentlemanly lads. Outside of him actually snorting a line off a child on screen or something I’m guessing there isn’t too much shocking new info there. 

I haven’t forgiven them for that fling with Mrs Crapabble.

FRI
Py: 
Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, The Specials, Little Simz, Rufus Wainwright, Celeste
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, AJ Tracey, Mabel, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, St. Vincent, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Anna Calvi, Happy Monday
WH: Bicep, Arlo Parks, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Gilberto Gil & Family, Black Uhuru, Richard Dawson, Priya Ragu
JP: London Grammar, Glass Animals, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ghetts, Banks, Ashnikko, Jehnny Beth, Alfie Templeman, The Murder Capital, Hot Milk
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Laura Marling, Khruangbin, Pa Salieu, Tinariwen, Baxter Dury, Altin Gun, Warmduscher, The Japanese House, Martha Hill

SAT
Py: 
Kendrick Lamar, Haim, Aerosmith, Sigrid, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, Laura Mvula, Sons of Kemet
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Jorja Smith, Supergrass, Idles, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Griff, Nadine Shah, Jade Bird
WH: Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, Kelis, Brittany Howard, Berwyn, Hannah Peel, KOKOKO!
JP: Editors, Slowthai, Jessie Ware, KSI, Beabadoobee, Holly Humbertstone, Dry Cleaning, Biig Piig, The Big Moon, ETC Winner
Pa: Caribou, Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts, Girl In Red, Squid, Anna Meredith, Confidence Man, Joy Crookes, Katy J Pearson

SUN
Py: 
Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Lorde, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, Candi Staton
OS: Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Robyn, Fontaines D.C., The Vaccines, Metronomy, Pale Waves, The Staves, Skunk Anansie
WH: Kano, TLC, Thundercat, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Greentea Peng, Genesis Owusu
JP: Charli XCX, Burna Boy, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Maisie Peters, The Lathums, Working Men's Club, Shygirl, Porridge Radio
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief, Shame, Sampa the Great, Black Country New Road, Goat Girl, Cate Le Bon, The Orielles, Big Joanie

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Three relatively ‘new’ and U.K. based WH headliners there. Has there been a year recently when we haven’t had an oldie? Any reason to think Isley Brothers won’t be back?

I don’t think they’ve rescheduled their tour for next year. I did want to have an older act in there with Kiwanuka on the Pyramid somewhere but I was struggling to come up with anyone. I expect there will be an older West Holts headliner though.

32 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, The Specials, Little Simz, Rufus Wainwright, Celeste
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, AJ Tracey, Mabel, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, St. Vincent, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Anna Calvi, Happy Monday
WH: Bicep, Arlo Parks, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Gilberto Gil & Family, Black Uhuru, Richard Dawson, Priya Ragu
JP: London Grammar, Glass Animals, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ghetts, Banks, Ashnikko, Jehnny Beth, Alfie Templeman, The Murder Capital, Hot Milk
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Laura Marling, Khruangbin, Pa Salieu, Tinariwen, Baxter Dury, Altin Gun, Warmduscher, The Japanese House, Martha Hill

SAT
Py: 
Kendrick Lamar, Haim, Aerosmith, Sigrid, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, Laura Mvula, Sons of Kemet
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Jorja Smith, Supergrass, Idles, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Griff, Nadine Shah, Jade Bird
WH: Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, Kelis, Brittany Howard, Berwyn, Hannah Peel, KOKOKO!
JP: Editors, Slowthai, Jessie Ware, KSI, Beabadoobee, Holly Humbertstone, Dry Cleaning, Biig Piig, The Big Moon, ETC Winner
Pa: Caribou, Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts, Girl In Red, Squid, Anna Meredith, Confidence Man, Joy Crookes, Katy J Pearson

SUN
Py: 
Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Lorde, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, Candi Staton
OS: Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Robyn, Fontaines D.C., The Vaccines, Metronomy, Pale Waves, The Staves, Skunk Anansie
WH: Kano, TLC, Thundercat, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Greentea Peng, Genesis Owusu
JP: Charli XCX, Burna Boy, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Maisie Peters, The Lathums, Working Men's Club, Shygirl, Porridge Radio
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief, Shame, Sampa the Great, Black Country New Road, Goat Girl, Cate Le Bon, The Orielles, Big Joanie

Honestly, this is fucking fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

wow! really love that prediction, very stacked. im hoping for olivia rodrigo, doja cat and disclosure on the lineup somewhere too

Where would O-Rod fit? I thought she'd be a slam dunk earlier in the year, but now I'm not so sure. She's in that zone of being too big for the slot that (I imagine) the festival would want to offer her?

25 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

Thanks - you have just cheered me up no end. 😁  Just picked out around 25 acts in there that I would be all over.

Billie replacing what was the dream for me (Taylor headlining on my first ever Glasto) had left me a bit deflated, but seeing that line-up has just reinforced what everyone on here keeps saying - "If you don't like an act, there is plenty more to see".

It is so easy for everyone to focus on the big three headliners (which is perfectly understandable) but that line up you have predicted just illustrates perfectly why Glastonbury is so much more than that.

All out of upvotes, but a big thumbs up from me 👍👍👍👍

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Where would O-Rod fit? I thought she'd be a slam dunk earlier in the year, but now I'm not so sure. She's in that zone of being too big for the slot that (I imagine) the festival would want to offer her?

Slam Dunk?! 😄 I know she’s got a bit of a pop-punk thing going occasionally but really don’t see that happening, even if they have had the tendency of having Busted/McFly as secret sets.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

Good God!

That Sunday would have me in palpatations wondering if a Ross - Vaccines - Lorde - Fontaines - Gallagher - Fender - Macca dash between Pyramid and Other was possible.

That Kendrick/PSB/Kiwanuka clash can get in the fucking sea though.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t help but feel Little Simz would be a bit lost early doors on the Pyramid though.

Yeah I don’t picture her there, think she’d be higher up on a different stage. tough because she’s probably WH sub, fighting out against Arlo Parks, Tom Misch and TLC. 

Tough one, her and Parks have blown up hugely since poster release in 2020, and neither were on that poster. To the extent it’s any indication, She and Tom were both at APE, Tom played a bigger stage at an earlier time (to a bigger crowd). 

would maybe be TLC I’d be bumping down there.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah I don’t picture her there, think she’d be higher up on a different stage. tough because she’s probably WH sub, fighting out against Arlo Parks, Tom Misch and TLC. 

Tough one, her and Parks have blown up hugely since poster release in 2020, and neither were on that poster. To the extent it’s any indication, She and Tom were both at APE, Tom played a bigger stage at an earlier time (to a bigger crowd). 

would maybe be TLC I’d be bumping down there.

I had her as a WH headliner option but I think Kano and Bicep are quite likely for that and thought Michael Kiwanuka gave a more balanced trio than Little Simz. I think she’d be a very strong WH sub but you could probably switch her and Arlo Parks quite easily, or bump TLC down as you say.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I had her as a WH headliner option but I think Kano and Bicep are quite likely for that and thought Michael Kiwanuka gave a more balanced trio than Little Simz. I think she’d be a very strong WH sub but you could probably switch her and Arlo Parks quite easily, or bump TLC down as you say.

Yeah if Kano wasn’t on the 2020 poster I’d have her headlining WH. 

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

I can't see QOTSA playing considering Josh Homme has some domestic abuse stuff going on and restraining orders from his kids. I'd love QOTSA but bad timing surely....

• Upvote 1

If QOTSA end up not headlining the Other on the Friday, is there anything to be said for Wolf Alice being given the leg up?

Seemingly sold out UK tour, got their first number 1 album this year with critical acclaim (as well as their previous album reaching #2 and winning the Mercury), would work as a nice alternative to Billie and they're friends of the festival. 

Just now, Hutchmaster said:

If QOTSA end up not headlining the Other on the Friday, is there anything to be said for Wolf Alice being given the leg up?

Seemingly sold out UK tour, got their first number 1 album this year with critical acclaim (as well as their previous album reaching #2 and winning the Mercury), would work as a nice alternative to Billie and they're friends of the festival. 

My money would be on Royal Blood replacing them.

1 minute ago, Hutchmaster said:

Great call - that would sort my Friday night out

1 hour ago, Hutchmaster said:

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

My money would be on Royal Blood replacing them.

If this 4th album is strong, could IDLES get there? 

Probably too big a step in hindsight.

Edited by vintagelaureate