Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Just now, Heather90 said:

Is there specific info putting first Aid Kit on the Park? I'd have expected early-ish on Pyramind

I imagine people are just thinking they did that slot last time. Does make the most sense imo but they might be moved about for variety

Just now, curse these metal hands said:

Unless the info was that he is definitely playing Other, I would say he is a potential Pyramid sub. Arguably as big as Wolf Alice/ Lorde who are being touted as the current options.

Info was he’s third down Other. Agree that it seems low for him these days, but I doubt he cares and he’ll pull an absolutely ginormous crowd. He was probably just offered the same slot as 2020 and was happy to take it. 

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Friday

Pyramid - Billie Eilish
Other - Foals
West Holts - Bonobo
John Peel - Charli XCX
Park - First Aid Kit 

Saturday

Pyramid - Paul McCartney
Other - Bicep
West Holts - Little Simz
John Peel - Primal Scream
Park - Phoebe Bridgers 

Sunday

Pyramid - Kendrick Lamar
Other - Pet Shop Boys 
West Holts - Four Tet 
John Peel - Fontaines DC 
Park - Caribou

Don't make Phoebe and Primal Scream clash! Phoebe would win obvs, but Primals are high on my list too

5 minutes ago, curse these metal hands said:

Unless the info was that he is definitely playing Other, I would say he is a potential Pyramid sub. Arguably as big as Wolf Alice/ Lorde who are being touted as the current options.

The information came from someone who had information in regards to Foals headlining Friday, if I'm remembering right... Its been a long few weeks. Its the slots that Rag N Bone Man/Billie Eilish looked huge in too. Unless he's against someone pretty big the crowd will be massive. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

True

Especially for Saturday night, if this was the way things were, they'd be the only 'party/dance' act on and then everyone would go over to Pangea after.

The one I think you're right about is Primal Scream, I think they'd be better against Billie/Kendrick. 

57 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Right, taken a running guess here using only names on the first poster. Some of these might be tour-tied for certain days, point out errors if you see them, but... 

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Wolf Alice // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals // Glass Animals // Sam Fender // Blossoms // Griff // Easy Life

West Holts: Little Simz // Celeste // Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 // Ghetts // TEMS // Snarky Puppy // Emma-Jean Thackray

John Peel: Primal Scream // Sigrid // Caroline Polachek // Clairo // Dry Cleaning // Confidence Man // Amyl & The Sniffers // Warmduscher

Park: Phoebe Bridgers // Big Thief // Self Esteem // Cate Le Bon

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Crowded House // Lianne La Havas

Other: Doja Cat // Four Tet // Idles // Metronomy // Declan McKenna // Mitski // Inhaler // Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Bonobo // Khruangbin // Nubya Garcia // Koffee // Greentea Peng // Angelique Kidjo

John Peel: Charli XCX // The Jesus and Mary Chain // beabadoobee // Black Midi // Turnstile // Yves Tumor

Park: Caribou // Sleaford Mods // JARV IS // Gabriels

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Diana Ross // Megan Thee Stallion // Arlo Parks // Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Supergrass // Fontaines D.C // Leon Bridges // St. Vincent // Wet Leg

West Holts: Bicep // Nightmares on Wax // TLC // Sampa The Great

John Peel: Burna Boy // Roísín Murphy // Jessie Ware // TBA // Holly Humberstone // Squid

Park: First Aid Kit // Courtney Barnett // The Avalanches // Girl in Red // Joy Crookes

reckon some of what you have for west holts could be silver hayes.

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Said it elsewhere but I don’t think Phoebe is headlining a stage. I imagine that’s the get out with the Latitude “exclusive” clause. I know exclusives have been broken in the past, but with Melvin involved in both festivals and them announcing a week apart, feel like the Latitude wording is key.

Phoebe for a sunset set if a headline is not the cards

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

I do think Phoebe could be lumped on to the Other stage 

Personally wouldn't mind, especially with the Latitude Exclusive Headliner* for her. But I think she'd smash a Park late night slot and get quite lost on the other in the day time

Friday

PY: Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Doja Cat, Idles, Crowded House, Griff, TBC, TBC
OT: Foals, Supergrass, Fontaines DC, First Aid Kit, Lianne La Havas, Beabadoobee, Skunk Anansie, Elbow
JP: Glass Animals, Sigrid, The Avalanches, Clairo, Squid, Amyl & The Sniffers, TBC, TBC, TBC
WH: Bonobo
PA: Bicep

Saturday

PY: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, TBC, Haim, Kacey Musgraves, Herbie Hancock, TBC, TBC
OT: Megan Thee Stallion, Years & Years, Blossoms, St. Vincent, Arlo Parks, Declan McKenna, Inhaler, TBC
JP: Charli XCX, Burna Boy, Jessie Ware, Girl In Red, Wet Leg, Joy Crookes, TBC, TBC, TBC
WH: Little Simz
PA:  Caribou, Roisin Murphy, JARV IS, Courtney Barnett, Confidence Man

Sunday

PY: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, TBC, Diana Ross, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Celeste, TBC, TBC
OT: Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender, Olivia Rodrigo, Sleaford Mods, Metronomy, Self Esteem, TBC, TBC
JP: Primal Scream, Easy Life, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Mitski, Holly Humberstone, Dry Cleaning, TBC, TBC, TBC
WH: Four Tet, TLC
PA: Phoebe Bridgers

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Personally wouldn't mind, especially with the Latitude Exclusive Headliner* for her. But I think she'd smash a Park late night slot and get quite lost on the other in the day time

in reality she'll be great wherever she plays, but yeah the Park has been destined to hear Punisher tunes for years and it would be sad if it didn't happen 

I hope we get a more rock / guitar option on the Sunday this year. In 2020 it didn't look like we were going to get one on the top 5 stages. I know it's uncool to say I'd like to see a guitar option, but it's just my taste. I'd have loved Pheebs to close the Park on the Sunday, would have been awesome. Although the guitar option being someone like Primal Scream would be very underwhelming.