2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

Ah I see, thanks. That would be a surprise but, well, that’s Glastonbury.

If it is that way around then it looks like Billie replaced Swift and could only do Friday so she just switched with Kendrick. Seems easier than reshuffling everyone when they’d probably got subs/Other headliners lined up for Saturday with Macca in mind for the top slot.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Billie v Foals

Macca v Dua

Kendrick v PSB

Looks a good mix.

I’m feeling slightly chaotic right now because we technically knew this in September (aside from the QOTSA news) and we’ve gone on a full on rollercoaster the past few months only to come to back to the exact place we were at in September (with Foals in place of QOTSA).

Crazy times.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sunday I think. @JoeyT knows the days I think as he said something about being surprised which day Macca was down for.

Yeah the info I had put Macca on Saturday and Kendrick on Sunday.

Due to that being the order I was skeptical about the info in general (due to Sunday traditionally having an artist headline with wider appeal than perhaps KL does) but given the info was correct in at the very least placing Kendrick at the festival when everything else up until about 6 hours ago didn't I'm inclined to believe the days info as well.

Having said that unless there's any reason bar commitments to gigs elsewhere for KL or Macca it still makes more sense for me to have KL on Saturday and Macca on Sunday?

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah the info I had put Macca on Saturday and Kendrick on Sunday.

Due to that being the order I was skeptical about the info in general (due to Sunday traditionally having an artist headline with wider appeal than perhaps KL does) but given the info was correct in at the very least placing Kendrick at the festival when everything else up until about 6 hours ago didn't I'm inclined to believe the days info as well.

Having said that unless there's any reason bar commitments to gigs elsewhere for KL or Macca it still makes more sense for me to have KL on Saturday and Macca on Sunday?

I mentioned it in another post but seeing as the 2020 lineup was Kendrick/Macca/Swift in that order, if they had Billie replace Swift and she could only do Friday, it’s surely easier from a logistic point of view to just swap her with Kendrick? At the time she was booked they might have already had Macca sign on for the Saturday in 2022, and have subs/other stage headliners in place for that day with him in mind (for instance we’ve already heard Noel is subbing the Saturday, and he’s surely gonna be subbing Macca again).

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m feeling slightly chaotic right now because we technically knew this in September (aside from the QOTSA news) and we’ve gone on a full on rollercoaster the past few months only to come to back to the exact place we were at in September (with Foals in place of QOTSA).

Crazy times.

Well, we didn’t and still don’t know anything about Dua Lipa still being an Other headliner, she’s just who most were predicting.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Billie v Foals

Macca v Dua

Kendrick v PSB

Looks a good mix.

Macca vs Dua is a horrible clash. I guess it would have to be Macca (pending a must see on an alternative stage) given he’s not likely to be back again but Dua will headline one day. 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Macca vs Dua is a horrible clash. I guess it would have to be Macca (pending a must see on an alternative stage) given he’s not likely to be back again but Dua will headline one day. 

Can’t be many festivals in the world that could pull off Macca and Dua Lipa on different stages at the same time. Massive

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Why is Macca confidence so high again?

Rumours a tour announcement is coming, plus the info for Kendrick always came with info on Macca. Poster this morning then said they’d heard in last two weeks it’s still Macca and Kendrick.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Previous info suggested Kendrick and Macca were the remaining 2 headliners. People were doubting it given neither had any announced gigs. Now it seems Kendrock is back on given he's in Italy on the Thursday of the festival, it gives credibility to that inside info. If the info on Kendrick is accurate, which it now seems it is, then it's almost certainly spot on regards Macca too.

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Because people who claimed info paired Macca with Kendrick, and the latter now seems very likely given he’s been announced for an Italian festival in the same week. 

Edit: what @kingbadger said. 

Edited by kalifire

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This clash was already stressing me out two years ago before the postponement. 😬