U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

Tapes of a madman........ but he literally says this stuff in public at every rally right?

No, not like that. Just easier to digest rhetoric. “Stop the steal” “legal votes”.

4 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I wish I had enough faith in the system to still believe that this would result in some kind of trouble for Trump, but... nope. Nope, don't see it. Would LOVE it, but no.

Wait for Georgia to turn blue and that’s what itll really take.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There talks now that Trump is going to fly to Scotland the day before inauguration to escape any prosecution. 

So is there zero extradition between the u.s and Scotland? Also, this would make an assumption that its to escape state charges and not federal ones. I wont think this carries water until the rest of the family does the same. Then again, when Jared and Ivanka get thrown in jail daddy isnt gonna give a shit about it.

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Democrats win both Senate seats. Bettings odds are in the Dems favour, polling is in the Dems favour and early voting is going the Dems ways too. 

Really? I thought polls were leaning the republicans way? 

Early voting is always Dems too. 

Jesus I hope you're right though. 

Edited by danbailey80

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Anyone care to predict the Georgia runoff’s? 

Blue all the way. Probably going to come down to mail in ballots yet again. There were a lot of new voters who voted early and itll make the difference because theyre most likely dem votes.

17 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Really? I thought polls were leaning the republicans way? 

Early voting is always Dems too. 

Jesus I hope you're right though. 

exit polls are bullshit right now because you can answer however you want. Who says dem voters arent saying they went republican just to give the impression they got a lead and itll keep voters from even bothering if they think its taken care of. And the crazy conspiracy theory crowd is saying to not vote because its rigged, so lets hope its keeping them away and dems win by a sizeable margin that does not require a recount. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m pretty pessimistic about the Georgia runoffs and can’t help but think it’s gonna go in the Republicans favour, but here’s hoping I’m wrong. After Bidens win I just can’t help but feel like this is gonna come along and fuck it all up.

The danger is that some democrats feel that the job is done, Trump has gone, so they don’t go and vote whilst the trump supporters feel aggrieved and vote in numbers. Hope not. 

28 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Warnock to beat Loeffer 51-49

Osoff has strengthened since election day but that just gets it back to 50/50. I'm worried he is going to fall agonizingly short.

I don’t claim to know much about all of this other than what I see on Reddit/Twitter so maybe I’m way off here, but surely if one wins then the other is likely to win as well? Like, who is gonna vote Dem for one and Rep for the other? Everybody knows what is at stake here.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think a lot of Republican voters won’t bother because they think elections are fake

I think a lot of Republican voters won't bother because they think the Republicans are fake about elections.

It's easy to fall into the trap that all Republican voters have swallowed every line of Trump's.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think a lot of Republican voters won't bother because they think the Republicans are fake about elections.

It's easy to fall into the trap that all Republican voters have swallowed every line of Trump's.

Those in the GOP are backing trump because they are scared about being fired. I don’t think they see the long term consequences of what is going on at all. They could lose the faith of their voter base v quickly for various reasons (including what you said).

Whether or not they believe what Trump has said, it is going to have an affect on turnout.

It’s hopefully a good sign that Trump held a rally in Georgia yesterday that was supposed to be for the runoffs with an appearance from Loeffler and the crowd seemingly didn’t give a shit about any of that and only peaked up when he moved on to his usual ‘I won/stop the steal’ bullshit.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s hopefully a good sign that Trump held a rally in Georgia yesterday that was supposed to be for the runoffs with an appearance from Loeffler and the crowd seemingly didn’t give a shit about any of that and only peaked up when he moved on to his usual ‘I won/stop the steal’ bullshit.

Maybe it’s an overblown point but I wonder if the MAGA lot will flee the Republican Party once it stops being the Trump show. As Trump was coming up he was talking shit about the Republican Party all the time. I can’t see a lot of them loving the party much after Trump is gone.

Trump has very much walked into the GOP, smashed it up, and left. Why can’t the party see this and oust him? Many of his supporters ain’t sticking around when he’s gone.