Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

29 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Huge panicky wobble about attending ☹  the scenes in London on Sunday have left me very shaky - now I know Latitude, we're regulars, I know the festival goers aren't the same as those that were causing the mayhem in London but my current feelings are not what you need a week before gates open.

Double vaxxed but doing daily lateral flows out of an abundance of caution.

Partner has a compromised immune system & we have taken every possible precautions - literally socialized twice in the last 17 months, outdoors both times.

I'm sure once we get through the gates & set up that this fear will subside but now, right now, this minute I don't want to go & I hate myself for feeling this way.

Can understand the anxiety, I think we've all gone through varying degrees of similar!

I really do think as soon as people are into the site, it'll be a glorious atmosphere and one where we can forget about the outside world for a few days.

We all need the release, frankly!

Hope you have a great time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Huge panicky wobble about attending ☹  the scenes in London on Sunday have left me very shaky - now I know Latitude, we're regulars, I know the festival goers aren't the same as those that were causing the mayhem in London but my current feelings are not what you need a week before gates open.

Double vaxxed but doing daily lateral flows out of an abundance of caution.

Partner has a compromised immune system & we have taken every possible precautions - literally socialized twice in the last 17 months, outdoors both times.

I'm sure once we get through the gates & set up that this fear will subside but now, right now, this minute I don't want to go & I hate myself for feeling this way.

Sorry to hear this and I sympathise: I’ve been more cautious than most of our friends. I think you should take comfort in the fact that Melvin has been in charge of other test events (all with a tiny number of infections), knows what he’s doing and does not want this to be a super spreader event, or it’ll scupper his plans for  Reading/Leeds. If you’re still worried when you get there, why not limit your horizons to the outdoor stages? Do that and you’ll be safer than going down Tesco’s 🙂

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Hello.

Unfortunately, due to my kid having a medical emergency, I am no longer able to go to this years Latitude. This is utterly gutting. For me.

But it could be great for YOU!!! I am selling my weekend ticket for £180. I also have a Friday Day ticket available which I will sell for £75.

I am not a tout. Those guys can fuck right off.

Interested? DM me ASAP.

Thanks.

Sorry. Typo.

£160 for the weekend. £70 for the day ticket.

Apologies. Its been stressful here.

54 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Huge panicky wobble about attending ☹  the scenes in London on Sunday have left me very shaky

Totally get this, me and my partner have both wobbled about it at various points.

The thing to remember re: Sunday was that all the problems were caused by people who weren't supposed to be there and who didn't have tickets. Everyone with a ticket to Latitude has to prove their status to get in and you aren't going to get a load of random drunk people mixed in who haven't done that.

And based on previous years experience you are going to be able to keep 2 metres from people 90% of the time and still enjoy everything you want to.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, chrisplowman said:

Totally get this, me and my partner have both wobbled about it at various points.

The thing to remember re: Sunday was that all the problems were caused by people who weren't supposed to be there and who didn't have tickets. Everyone with a ticket to Latitude has to prove their status to get in and you aren't going to get a load of random drunk people mixed in who haven't done that.

And based on previous years experience you are going to be able to keep 2 metres from people 90% of the time and still enjoy everything you want to.

Completely agree with all this, also its worth remembering Latitude has the loveliest attendees, everyone there wants to enjoy themselves and will respect others there. It might take time to adjust but once we're there it will feel like we've never been away 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the positive comments😊

Certainly feel safer knowing it's a test event, we definitely wouldn't attend if those protocols weren't in place. 

Thanks @Mackem your comments about Melvin & the previous test events etc really has put me in a better frame of mind - they will do everything they possibly can to make it safe for us & for the future of events.

We had already had the stick to the outdoor stages discussion or very edge of tents - tbh we're always on the edge of a crowd anyway, more space to dance 😉 

Absolutely, yes, it's Latitude & we're all lovely, lovely Latituders who will respect & take care of each other❤  (that reads really sarcastically, but I am being totally genuine😊)

Bloody hell this time next week we'll be onsite in the campervan fields 😮

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Thanks for all the positive comments😊

Certainly feel safer knowing it's a test event, we definitely wouldn't attend if those protocols weren't in place. 

Thanks @Mackem your comments about Melvin & the previous test events etc really has put me in a better frame of mind - they will do everything they possibly can to make it safe for us & for the future of events.

We had already had the stick to the outdoor stages discussion or very edge of tents - tbh we're always on the edge of a crowd anyway, more space to dance 😉 

Absolutely, yes, it's Latitude & we're all lovely, lovely Latituders who will respect & take care of each other❤  (that reads really sarcastically, but I am being totally genuine😊)

Bloody hell this time next week we'll be onsite in the campervan fields 😮

Glad we've helped put your mind to rest! The weekend will probably be the safest thing you've done in the last 18 months and it will undoubtedly be the party of the century, I can't wait to be there and I can't believe the first attendees will be arriving this time next week either 😝

Will I be required to re-test?

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

So this bit is only relevant if you leave the site?

Vaccinated can have it and no requirement to actually do the lateral flow to get a negative text but got to hope very very few (noone) would do that! 

As it's after the 19th and the presumed relaxation of restrictions etc, why are they still touting this as a test event, when there is clearly no need to?

I would still feel safer if it was treated as an ERP event and the testing and vaccination proof was rigorously enforced, but given there will be no legal need then do you think they will still treat those requirements as seriously?

From a Staff perspective - they are treating it seriously. We're being required to log a negative LFT taken the day before arrival (regardless of vaccination status), and then take a second LFT during the festival. We'll also have to complete a daily health questionnaire.

I don't know exactly how they're planning to handle public arrivals, but I guess that they will be enforcing the negative LFT / 2 jab requirement. I'll be somewhat pissed off if they don't given the hoops we're jumping through.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

From a Staff perspective - they are treating it seriously. We're being required to log a negative LFT taken the day before arrival (regardless of vaccination status), and then take a second LFT during the festival. We'll also have to complete a daily health questionnaire.

I don't know exactly how they're planning to handle public arrivals, but I guess that they will be enforcing the negative LFT / 2 jab requirement. I'll be somewhat pissed off if they don't given the hoops we're jumping through.

Hope so. I'll be a lot more relaxed and willing to get into the tents etc if I know that the vast majority have been jabbed/provided LFTs etc. I remember Fatboy Slim in the big tent a few years ago - it was crowded, hot and going off - no way would I be in there this time if there were no precautions.

As to masks etc, given the dust down past the entrance and into the woods, I'm likely to be wearing one for that anyway, as it can get like a duststorm when hot.

Edited by Copperface

The way things are escalating, I'm starting to think this might be my only significant "event" of the summer. Pretty much all travel plans are in the bin, there are rumours of Ibiza going onto the red list and unless the numbers (40,000+ today) fall dramatically over the coming weeks, I just can't see some of these events taking place. That may be overly pessimistic but I've been burned before, many times, over the past 16 months. So with that in mind, if I planned to squeeze every last bit of the festival out before, I'm even more determined to do so now.

I was in 2 minds about whether to even post but so glad I did, other people raising their concerns has made me feel less anxious, like if you are all voicing the same concerns then you'll all be taking the same kind of precautions so we should all be safer.

@incident sharing your staff info re: testing has made me feel even more calm - Festival Republic sound like they are taking things as seriously as I'd expect them to but having on the ground info is such a bonus, so thank you for sharing.

Good shout on the face coverings @Copperface it'll be dusty as fuck with all the sunshine we'll be getting😉  And how good was that Fatboy set! We we're on the outer left of the stage, toilet side😅 there was no get in that tent, so so rammed!

I'm sure I'll have the best time, just need to keep a lid on the anxiety for 6 more days, keep testing (only out of caution, doubled vaxxed) actually get to site, wristband on, gin in hand & then I might, just might believe it's real😊

Thanks so much for everyone's support, imagine I'd posted in The Shit Thread instead😮 I'd be curled up in a heap, crying under the bed judging by how that thread goes 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I was in 2 minds about whether to even post but so glad I did, other people raising their concerns has made me feel less anxious, like if you are all voicing the same concerns then you'll all be taking the same kind of precautions so we should all be safer.

@incident sharing your staff info re: testing has made me feel even more calm - Festival Republic sound like they are taking things as seriously as I'd expect them to but having on the ground info is such a bonus, so thank you for sharing.

Good shout on the face coverings @Copperface it'll be dusty as fuck with all the sunshine we'll be getting😉  And how good was that Fatboy set! We we're on the outer left of the stage, toilet side😅 there was no get in that tent, so so rammed!

I'm sure I'll have the best time, just need to keep a lid on the anxiety for 6 more days, keep testing (only out of caution, doubled vaxxed) actually get to site, wristband on, gin in hand & then I might, just might believe it's real😊

Thanks so much for everyone's support, imagine I'd posted in The Shit Thread instead😮 I'd be curled up in a heap, crying under the bed judging by how that thread goes 😅

You'll be fine. Think a lot of people will be taking it easy and finding their own level over the first couple of days. 

As you say, mucho gin will help. 

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

As it's after the 19th and the presumed relaxation of restrictions etc, why are they still touting this as a test event, when there is clearly no need to?

I would still feel safer if it was treated as an ERP event and the testing and vaccination proof was rigorously enforced, but given there will be no legal need then do you think they will still treat those requirements as seriously?

They're still going to be using the data for future events, this will be the first major outdoor festival to take place so will benefit events later in the summer and also the 2022 festival season too 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemons said:

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

So this bit is only relevant if you leave the site?

Vaccinated can have it and no requirement to actually do the lateral flow to get a negative text but got to hope very very few (noone) would do that! 

Where is this on the website? Its a bit odd. Are they expecting everyone to test again whilst at latitude after their initial lateral flow certificate has expired? Surely that can't be enforced.

7 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Where is this on the website? Its a bit odd. Are they expecting everyone to test again whilst at latitude after their initial lateral flow certificate has expired? Surely that can't be enforced.

It's from the email (edit: and here https://www.latitudefestival.com/information-category/latitude-2021-faqs), the full section is:

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website. 

I can only assume the retesting is if you leave the site, per the last two sentences. I can't imagine they'll be roaming the campsite on the Saturday or checking on the way into the arena.

Edited by zeppelin
Add website link.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

It's from the email (edit: and here https://www.latitudefestival.com/information-category/latitude-2021-faqs), the full section is:

I can only assume the retesting is if you leave the site, per the last two sentences. I can't imagine they'll be roaming the campsite on the Saturday or checking on the way into the arena.

Ah okay. Makes sense, cheers.

We've had the Latitude wobble today too. But as @Supernintendo Chalmers said, this is potentially going to be our last chance of a festival this year, and perhaps even for live music too. 

Our issues are less the feelings of getting ill, but the moral implications of it happening so far from home. we've had one jab and it'll be 3 weeks by the time the festival starts - we've accepted that we'll likely catch it but if we get it at the festival then we're potentially stuck in Norwich for the isolation period as we're taking the train. Any signs of illness means no hotel should take us and we wouldn't legally be supposed to get on a train. 

Could be a very expensive gamble...

Edited by efcfanwirral

Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).

It appears getting covid a few weeks back has a plus side as I can use it for entry instead of a lateral flow test.

Hadn't seen this before, so useful to anyone who's had it in the last 6 months.