Black Lives Matter

jyoung

Man who's boneheaded ineptitude led to over 10,000 people dying unnecessarily, has the cheek to insist people must be held to account for pulling down a statue. 

He calls it thuggery, I wonder if that's what it was called when he did it? Was he ever held to account for his Bullingdon club ventures?🤔:

The woman said: “The whole culture was to get extremely drunk and exert vandalism. Every time someone was elected, they had to have their room smashed to pieces. People talk about the Bullingdon Club ‘trashing’ places, but it was serious criminal damage.”

One incident she recalled at Magdalen College involved “a large galleried room that had just been refurbished with expensive wood panelling. Every piece of furniture that could have been broken was broken, every liquid sprayed around the room, the panelling was cracked, and everything was piled in a heap in the middle of the room. The college door to Magdalen was smashed to pieces.

“I remember the clerk of works looking at the mess in complete dismay. The college had spent a great deal on the refurbishment. All the students who heard this late-night destruction were terrified, I remember.”

Bullingdon members “found it amusing if people were intimidated or frightened by their behaviour. I remember them walking down a street in Oxford in their tails, chanting ‘Buller, Buller’ and smashing bottles along the way, just to cow people.”

She recalled a party held in a room at Magdalen in the academic year 1985/6 at which guests were invited to “come as your alter ego”. Two Bullingdon members appeared in Nazi uniforms and “goose-stepped back and forth in the upstairs galleried area”. They were photographed by a friend of the woman who was taking pictures of the party.

“The next morning [the pair] came round to her room. They barged in and pulled the roll of film out of the camera. She was a feisty character, and told lots of people about this. She died a couple of years ago.”

The woman who was the club recruiter said: “Boris was one of the big beasts of the club. He was up for anything. They treated certain types of people with absolute disdain, and referred to them as ‘plebs’ or ‘grockles’, and the police were always called ‘plod’. Their attitude was that women were there for their entertainment.”

She said there was a “culture of excess” in the 1980s in which the activities of the Bullingdon Club felt “normalised”. “They had an air of entitlement and superiority.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/07/oxford-bullingdon-club-boris-johnson-sexism-violence-bullying-culture

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Man who's boneheaded ineptitude led to over 10,000 people dying unnecessarily, has the cheek to insist people must be held to account for pulling down a statue. 

He calls it thuggery, I wonder if that's what it was called when he did it? Was he ever held to account for his Bullingdon club ventures?🤔:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/07/oxford-bullingdon-club-boris-johnson-sexism-violence-bullying-culture

To be fair to the blonde plonker given he refers to attacks on police before he decries thuggery I think he's talking about clashes between protesters and police in London not long overdue statue relocation in Bristol.

Yes, vandalising a statue IS a criminal act, but Jesus fucking Christ if you think now is the time to harp on about that then you need your head examining. It's clearly a symbolic act and one I support 100%. 

• Upvote 1

And if Tory ministers think it's wise to circle the wagons again on this issue, which went so well with the Cummings fiasco, they're about to get a wake up call. People are fucked off enough already without a bunch of privileged Tories throwing their arms up about a statue of a slave trader being vandalised. They're again turning this into a right Vs left political issue as well as a social justice one (I mean it was always both, but it's being hammered home now). This government doesn't have a clue.