BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Didnt see the Stones at Glasto obvi, but saw them the month before in the u.s. and was able to nab a $75 mystery ticket. They sold 1000 tickets each gig at that price and they were in every place around the arena. You couldve gotten anything from floor standing to upper level.  Arrived early and picked the right old lady who was assigning those tickets and got Tongue Pit. Walked in and was one person from the barricade. The people in front of me had paid $1500 for guaranteed Tongue Pit and early entry.  Dave Grohl was the special guest that night and they did Bitch. Incredible show. 

I got really lucky at Old Trafford - we arrived early for Richard Ashcroft, were i  the queue for GA (about 15 people) and someone just came down and was like you're all going in the Golden Circle. Couldn't believe it! 

Best bit was my friend's colleague had the lucky dip tickets and ended up in the upper tier at the back! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She would have to think she can do better than Glasto and her Coachella performance. Which at this point is very difficult to try and top.

The Glastonbury pyramid seems to have influenced the Beychella set up.

Otherwise, I do agree. Topping that seems beyond the arts of man.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, when I had gotten them, there was a couple behind me which had gotten them for the prior gig and then pulled upper level after me, so no way were the selections you had only golden circle. Still great luck to get those kinds of tickets at that price. 

Yeah we were at the same gig and got standing.

First time I've seen this since I was there. The singalong went up an octave or two with all the teenage girls. Although not my normal music I couldn't pull myself away on the night and now realise it was one of the great headline performances - Las Vegas coming to Glastonbury as I pointed out at the time. I've even seen my great-niece in the front row. After seeing the Rolling Stones earlier I realise how many great performances I've seen over the years.  Luckily my music tastes are varied and I normally love the Sunday Pyramid openers. Roll on 2021.

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, when I had gotten them, there was a couple behind me which had gotten them for the prior gig and then pulled upper level after me, so no way were the selections you had only golden circle. Still great luck to get those kinds of tickets at that price. 

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah we were at the same gig and got standing.

Thanks both. I can't wait to see my mate again and tell her it wasn't rigged (I drove past her today. We waved but I couldn't stop where we were).