guypjfreak

So many many years ago me and a few old sons brought a bus... We kept it parked up in our local pubs carpark and had bus meetings where we tried to decide how we would fit it out and take it on the Rd.. 

Anyway we never did do any thing but we sold it for what we paid for it to a lovely couple we knew who DID do it up and lived in her for years.. 

Anyway its taken a very long time but thanks to faceache the lovely girl sent me some photos.. 

Unfortunately the my mate..... In pic...... died a few years ago 

received_934911680689119.jpeg

received_2890753174506531.jpeg

received_492962401955159.jpeg

received_321565836255348.jpeg

35 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

So many many years ago me and a few old sons brought a bus... We kept it parked up in our local pubs carpark and had bus meetings where we tried to decide how we would fit it out and take it on the Rd.. 

Anyway we never did do any thing but we sold it for what we paid for it to a lovely couple we knew who DID do it up and lived in her for years.. 

Anyway its taken a very long time but thanks to faceache the lovely girl sent me some photos.. 

That's a beaut for sure

• Upvote 1

Starting to look at booking a week away in the UK this summer (first week of the school holidays so late July) - if we can. My wife will be six months pregnant by then so will need something manageable for her. We’re not sure whether to do a nice hotel in somewhere like the Lake District or more of a city break with plenty of home comforts nearby.

Any suggestions or recommendations? We both love walks, culture (museums/galleries etc).

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

They have done a lovely job with the outside. Would love to see what they did inside, but suspect that asking them would be too intrusive.

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Starting to look at booking a week away in the UK this summer (first week of the school holidays so late July) - if we can. My wife will be six months pregnant by then so will need something manageable for her. We’re not sure whether to do a nice hotel in somewhere like the Lake District or more of a city break with plenty of home comforts nearby.

Any suggestions or recommendations? We both love walks, culture (museums/galleries etc).

I don't suppose you have a campervan or could get one from someone could you? I'm thinking of your wife's comfort. Now my suggestion isn't a city culture break, but a festival. It may sound mad but it wouldn't be. This festival is small but beautifully formed and also on the flat with no rocky terrain. It has some great music etc and is in an idyllic setting.

http://www.landedfestival.co.uk/

I think it would help others to know where you live, by the way, so that they could best give advice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

dont know your budget or how booked up it is .. but this is run by @fatyeti24 and hmv from here and looks absolutely stunning 

https://www.domehouselakes.co.uk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't suppose you have a campervan or could get one from someone could you? I'm thinking of your wife's comfort. Now my suggestion isn't a city culture break, but a festival. It may sound mad but it wouldn't be. This festival is small but beautifully formed and also on the flat with no rocky terrain. It has some great music etc and is in an idyllic setting.

http://www.landedfestival.co.uk/

I think it would help others to know where you live, by the way, so that they could best give advice.

Thanks, will have a look. Based in Hampshire but happy to travel anywhere really!

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I should be promoting and recommending the Lake District but I'm not sure I can. The summer holidays are going to be insane. They always are. Last year was the busiest I've seen in 10 years. Everyone is expecting this year to be even crazier. Not only is all the usual accommodation going to be fully open this year but there's also loads of extra campsites opening up, and then all the day trippers on top. 

Last summer a couple of my friends went to Manchester for a few nights for some peace and quiet. 

Boyfriend and I both just got our first jabs. Absolutely fab organisation at our local hub. I mentioned to the gent who would be vaccinating me that I've not got a great history with needles/blood/fainting and he couldn't have handled it better. As it goes, barely felt a scratch and walked out of there 15 minutes later fine and dandy. 

Also, my cousin got married today, to a wonderful guy. I find it a bit surreal that her wedding day has occurred without me and a great many other people able to be there, but owing to difficult circumstances they just kept it very very small. But I've seen pictures, and she looked beautiful and I couldn't be happier for them both 💕

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Boyfriend and I both just got our first jabs. Absolutely fab organisation at our local hub. I mentioned to the gent who would be vaccinating me that I've not got a great history with needles/blood/fainting and he couldn't have handled it better. As it goes, barely felt a scratch and walked out of there 15 minutes later fine and dandy. 

Also, my cousin got married today, to a wonderful guy. I find it a bit surreal that her wedding day has occurred without me and a great many other people able to be there, but owing to difficult circumstances they just kept it very very small. But I've seen pictures, and she looked beautiful and I couldn't be happier for them both 💕

So pleased your jab went ok! 🙂 one down, one more to go!! 

Congratulations to your cousin and her new hubby!! Hope they had a lovely day, its a shame a lot of people couldnt be there, but when more people are allowed to get together you might get a bit of a party then! That would be nice 🥰

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Vaccine stewarding down in Brighton today, followed up with an absolutely banging vegan tofu dog from Beelzebab (check it out if you're down that way, proper good) and getting second jab tomorrow.

Lovely stuff.

Ooo!!!! I'm going In a few weeks!! Should really start making a list so I can add that on then I remember 😊 thank you sir!!

5 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

So pleased your jab went ok! 🙂 one down, one more to go!! 

Congratulations to your cousin and her new hubby!! Hope they had a lovely day, its a shame a lot of people couldnt be there, but when more people are allowed to get together you might get a bit of a party then! That would be nice 🥰

Yes they've said they plan to have a party next year maybe 😊 In August another cousin, her brother, is getting married in Colombia and as we can't be at that either, the family will hopefully be getting together to watch that streamed - I'm already so excited for that. Really any occasion that gets the family together is the best day(s) of my year.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Vaccine stewarding down in Brighton today, followed up with an absolutely banging vegan tofu dog from Beelzebab (check it out if you're down that way, proper good) and getting second jab tomorrow.

Lovely stuff.

Well done! I’m finding the volunteering strangely addictive and I can’t kick the habit! 

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

What, you heading down to Brighton?

Yes!! In 3 weeks actually, so will be greatful for any recommendations! We've never been before!

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

be afraid ...

😠

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

Be very afraid. 

😠

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Well done! I’m finding the volunteering strangely addictive and I can’t kick the habit! 

There's only so much I can do with work, but we get 3 paid days a year to do community stuff so this sits within that. Will try and do another one in a couple of weeks, but need to fit it with doing the Sunday stuff in Brighton as well

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Yes!! In 3 weeks actually, so will be greatful for any recommendations! We've never been before!

Loaded tofu dog with seitan doner 'meat'and all the trimmings, and a massive portion of vegan chicken poppers. They're bloody good as well! Also happens to be a great little gig venue there too.

https://www.hope.pub/

20210603_155429.jpg

20210603_160050.jpg

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, Quark said:

There's only so much I can do with work, but we get 3 paid days a year to do community stuff so this sits within that. Will try and do another one in a couple of weeks, but need to fit it with doing the Sunday stuff in Brighton as well

I really like the ideas companies do this!! It works really well hopefully the employees get as much out of it as the community do!! We have had some great experiences of it at work!! Long may it continue and be supported by businesss! 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

Loaded tofu dog with seitan doner 'meat'and all the trimmings, and a massive portion of vegan chicken poppers. They're bloody good as well! Also happens to be a great little gig venue there too.

https://www.hope.pub/

20210603_155429.jpg

20210603_160050.jpg

I've been to The Hope & Ruin many times for drinks, their food there is immense, the Tofu Hotdogs are so good. I hadn't spotted you'd put the link to The Hope & Ruin in at first so was just about to mention them.

I hope you enjoyed them.