guypjfreak

27 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

what's the place called?

I want to get away again for a couple of nights sometime over the summer but girlfriend doesn't like camping so might do a hotel.

Crossways.  North Wootton  Lovely room we have with a Tor view! You can walk into Pilton  at the moment on roof terrace enjoying a cool beer!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Hoping to go to womad if it's still on.and I have a huge list of things to do...top of the list is an afternoon in a beer garden, sorting out some tech I've bought and tech I intend buying plus getting a cat from a rescue place and then GPS and a camera for the cat so it'll have its own mobile phone subscription to send back that data.

I like the beer garden bit.

I like the buying of high tech bit. Not that that is something that I can normally associate myself with, but I really could do with getting a new computer, and one with silent keys, which fits into that bracket.

What I'm having difficulty with is the cat / gps thing. That's weirder than a weird thing. I think I'd rather stick to my Tom Peepery as a hobby, than get into the life of a cat type thing. That way lies madness, I tells ya!

Actually it's a fab idea. Who doesn't want to see what a cat gets up to!?

We all wish you the best on your 'release' date from the NHS.

Fantastic news on being able to go home soon!! 🥳🥳

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

getting a cat from a rescue place and then GPS and a camera for the cat so it'll have its own mobile phone subscription to send back that data.

This sounds brilliant, I'd love one for Dennis to see what he gets up to but he won't wear a collar 

Not good news yet but I'm trying to get Joe Lycett tickets this morning for my little brothers birthday present.... I may be scared by years of Glasto ticket buying because I currently have 4 tabs open on my phone with different ways into the buying options 😅😅

Currently waiting on the 9am link release or presale at 10am - wish me luck🤞

5 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Not good news yet but I'm trying to get Joe Lycett tickets this morning for my little brothers birthday present.... I may be scared by years of Glasto ticket buying because I currently have 4 tabs open on my phone with different ways into the buying options 😅😅

Currently waiting on the 9am link release or presale at 10am - wish me luck🤞

Did you manage to get those tickets? Hope so.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, eFestivals said:

Just want to say there's some fabulous staff working for the nhs. The best ones seem to be named Georgina I've met a few across the five hospitals who've had to put up with me.

You could be on to something here. I don't think I've ever met a Georgina I didn't like

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Did you manage to get those tickets? Hope so.

Urgh no 😭

Stupid bots & ticket gougers - was on the site at 10am before the clock ticked over to 10.01 all tickets unavailable.

It's so disappointing.

I'll try Fri in the general sale but the gov need to do something about secondary ticket sales.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, I see now. Not sure how I managed to miss your further post, but I did.

Well, good luck in the General Sale.

Haha I didn't update until now, as this is the Good News thread I thought my moaning might bring it down a bit 😁

I'm enlisting the help of a swift fingered tech wiz on Fri.... I'll be at work so I've no chance - thanks for the lucks ❤

3 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Haha I didn't update until now, as this is the Good News thread I thought my moaning might bring it down a bit 😁

I'm enlisting the help of a swift fingered tech wiz on Fri.... I'll be at work so I've no chance - thanks for the lucks ❤

I'm afraid that I'm a little 'under the weather' right now, so communication is difficult. However, what I can say is that I have no understanding about the 'update' bit - other than it might be something to do with me not 'seeing' your second post. A post which I would appear to have responded to prematurely. Nothing new there! 

Anyway, on to the second element - I 'really' don't want to bring you down, but feel the need to express something to you. It's just that I once got into an Oasis 'gig' on the strength of a person on the booking line being known to my brother. I knew little about touts and bots at that time. I still know little about it now too, I suspect. How would I ever know? 

Anyway, you have to understand that the rest of these people's jobs is crappy, plus if everybody's doing it, you think to yourself 'it's only money'. So, what I'm trying to say is that it's a sweat box for 'skanks'. And one of them is to curry cash or favours by the on line booking clerks having lists of people to input first before taking a 'real' call. Once this list has been done, the conversations onwards will be what the majority call ' normal'. I think it safe to say that the other, essentially monologue when they were getting their mates +1  in to the event, in prime position, was possibly similar to the ramblings of a mad man. Hmmm, what does that remind me of!? 

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that there's another layer of shite to go through before tickets become a 'possibility' for the general public.

Sorry, I've just realised that might sound sad and angry. It was never meant as either. It was just a passing info thing. It is highly likely that I may be trying to teach someone to suck eggs, but how in the name of fuck am I supposed to know what to do!

All the best. 🙂

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Not necessarily good news but felt I just needed to share with you all that across our project teams at work we now have....

Rick Buckler, Angus Young, Steve Morris, Greg Lake and Gary Moore 😂

Anyone else got a supergroup in their workforce? 

We once had a music legends supergroup (ish) staying at the hostel at the same time (separately). The names weren't quite right, which made it better somehow. The only one I can remember now is James Heyndriks. If I remember rightly we were actually able to put a proper band together. 

On another note, Peter Sutcliffe used to be a regular. He's young enough that his parents really should've known better