guypjfreak

On 1/16/2021 at 6:32 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had wanted to mention your surfing back there in that related comment, but gave in to my confusion. I realised that it was much more pleasant to acquiesce to the gentle nature of my confusion.

Anyway, I'm now here to right that 'wrong' - even though it wasn't actually a wrongy thing. However, I would like to say that I'd liked to have had a bash at surfing way, way back in the day. I can see why it would be exhilarating. I used to skateboard in the early 1980's - or was it late 70's!? I can't actually recall. I remember dropping into my first bowl. However, that was nothing compared to going down a rapid fall and going up the vertical higher face of a wall opposite, turning around at the top in one movement, and plummeting down the wall again, to the safety of the gentle curve below.

Fab times my friend, fab times.   

Now, don't get me started.

Skateboarding is covered. There was a skater named Jeff Grosso who left this world last year but left an unimpeachable record of the golden days, entitled "Love-letters to skateboarding." Watch it on You Tube. I implore you.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/jeff-grosso-r-i-p-1968-2020/

What amazes me most in skateboarding is not so much what happened when you and I were dropping into our first bowl. It is what has happened since. The quality of skateboarding these days just blows your mind.

Good News, This week...

Edited by bamber

12 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

@guypjfreak how are you all doing! You were not having an easy time few days ago!!! Hows our efests big ray of sunshine Eliza doing? 

Ahh she's doing great.. Her latest trick is to stand on my tummy and pull my calendar off the wall on to my head which for some strange reason she thinks is great fun lol 

We had her yesterday and I took her out on her upsy thing.. She SOO wants to walk but it's going to be doubtful if she'll walk properly but walk she will if we and she has anything to say do with it.. 

IMG_20210121_120751095.jpg

IMG_20210121_123024092_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Ahh she's doing great.. Her latest trick is to stand on my tummy and pull my calendar off the wall on to my head which for some strange reason she thinks is great fun lol 

We had her yesterday and I took her out on her upsy thing.. She SOO wants to walk but it's going to be doubtful if she'll walk properly but walk she will if we and she has anything to say do with it.. 

Great pictures Guy, loving her shades. 😎

12 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Good for her!!! 🙂 what a little superstar!!! 

20 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

So many wristbands!

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Hello guy,

I've not really been religiously following this thread (or any other, for that matter). Kind of had a lot of my own stuff to deal with. However, I noticed your above post, and I'll confess that it has shifted my emotional tectonic plates a considerable whack. In my dreams I'm some sort of hero in made up situations. All that pales into the insignificance when I witness Eliza's plight. I'm sure that there is very little need for me to inform you, but she's a real life hero. She's the one not going to allow the obstacles placed in front of her to be obstacles. She's a real trooper. You are blessed, and so is she with her family, from what I can gather. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, bamber said:

Now, don't get me started.

Skateboarding is covered. There was a skater named Jeff Grosso who left this world last year but left an unimpeachable record of the golden days, entitled "Love-letters to skateboarding." Watch it on You Tube. I implore you.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/jeff-grosso-r-i-p-1968-2020/

What amazes me most in skateboarding is not so much what happened when you and I were dropping into our first bowl. It is what has happened since. The quality of skateboarding these days just blows your mind.

Good News, This week...

Hello bamber,

How sad that that bloke 'Jeff Grosso' has died, and so relatively young.

I think that you already know that I don't actually 'do' music that much, so don't always listen to your music suggestions on here - as is the case with everybody else who posts things to listen to / watch. It's just what it is. That said, I am, at this grand old age, becoming more succeptible to listening to new and varied types of music. There's hope for me yet!

Anyway, I mention the above because I did watch that skateboarding thing (the 50th) from yer man. It was good to watch and reminded me of a few things from my days 'on board'. I was surprised that there was no mention of Tony Alva, as he was the man in my day. Possibly didn't want to contribute because he's gone up his own arse or 'they' didn't like him - no knowledge.

And yes, yes you are right - what they can do nowadays would knock spots off what I could do. I still recall vividly the moment that I dropped into that first bowl though. I'm there right now. The trepidation. The unknown. And then the success. If you could bottle that you'd be bigger than Coca Cola and Pepsi combined. 🙂