guypjfreak

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yay! I hope a billionaire wins this year.

Went straight to up vote this.. I was watching them last I think it was when everything was going wrong..... That air bus boat that took off was cool... 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Americas+cup&oq=Americas+cup+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i131i433i457j0i131i433l3.10062j0j8&client=tablet-android-huawei&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Edited by guypjfreak

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Just off to take my dad to get his vaccination... Commmmme on.. Its getting there.. 

My Mumsie got her vaccine at midday today, she's 78, and when the doctors called her last week to give her an appointment time she cried with relief as she thought it would be another month away

She's now back at home having messaged me to say she's got the bus home, and on her way back has bought lamb steaks, vitamin D tablets and chocolate limes ... she hardly goes out so this was a big step for her and I'm glad there is light for her fear at the end of the tunnel. She explained to me she can do masks/distancing but its the fear of catching it and dying that make her not want to even go to the local shop .... In her own words - she's got too much life to live still and too much she wants to do - . Often through covid she has said she has felt like time has been robbed from the older generation when there's potentially not a lot of time left ... thats tough to hear . fingers crossed the vaccine will help to improve the quality of lives 

Edited by Funkyfairy!
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

My Mumsie got her vaccine at midday today, she's 78, and when the doctors called her last week to give her an appointment time she cried with relief as she thought it would be another month away

She's now back at home having messaged me to say she's got the bus home, and on her way back has bought lamb steaks, vitamin D tablets and chocolate limes ... she hardly goes out so this was a big step for her and I'm glad there is light for her fear at the end of the tunnel. She explained to me she can do masks/distancing but its the fear of catching it and dying that make her not want to even go to the local shop .... fingers crossed the vaccine will help to improve the quality of lives 

That's lovely news. My mum is getting hers tomorrow and I'll be so relieved. She went out a bit in the summer but since the numbers started rising again she's confined herself to home. Being stuck in combined with her osteoporosis  has really affected her mobility, hopefully when she's confident enough to even walk round the corner to the local shop she'll get some of that back.

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

That's lovely news. My mum is getting hers tomorrow and I'll be so relieved. She went out a bit in the summer but since the numbers started rising again she's confined herself to home. Being stuck in combined with her osteoporosis  has really affected her mobility, hopefully when she's confident enough to even walk round the corner to the local shop she'll get some of that back.

Oh its such a relief, Mum whatsapped me a copy of her vaccination card while she was awaiting her 15 minutes post jab in the doctors, it just felt as if a little bit of the weight had been lifted. Hope everything goes ok for your Mum tomorrow, and in a few months when the sun is shining a bit more lets hope to see our elderly relatives gaining back their strength and confidence . 

Hi.. 

Yes old sons.. Took ten minutes and he's done.. Next one is in 2/3 months.. Only thing is that his phone.... Which is supposed to be for the older person.... Is just going to voicemail again which means he's played with the buttons and blocked me AGAIN.. 

Bloody nightmare init.. Thanks old sons great to hear your mum and dad's are also getting it...BUT DO YOU GET BLOCKED nooooo that's cos my dad is a nightmare.. We call him king c..t cos he is lol.. BTW.. He answers the phone when he is knows its us with 

Hello King C.. T here lol got to have a sense of humour... 

Edited by guypjfreak