When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Trump supporters don't actually care about donald trump. 

They pick and select stuff he says that they like and believe in, but ignore or explain away anything that could be seen as negative about him. 
I'm done pretending the majority of supporter base even understand politics enough to comprehend what he is saying and the implications half the time. 
You watch videos from the rallies and motorbike gatherings in america and you realise these people, have their own version of trump in their head and they are following their own dream trump and ignoring anything that divulges that. 
"Trump is an american patriot that is an anti-politician who is good for american business and hard on immigrants and pedophiles" when in reality if these people actually paid attention all of those values couldn't be further away from trump. 
Either that or he has failed to implement policies he promised and then takes credit for policies he didn't pass. But for the majority of his supporters I am assume having a conversation this deep about the man would go over their heads. 

-
In the uk, I think there is less of a devotion to Boris Johnson, I think more nutcases just support the conservatives and their right wing ideals more than they support Bojo. 
And the conspiracy theorists and nutcases actually criticise the government for authoritarian measures like masks and lockdown. 
I think some people think Bojo can do no wrong and explain away with "he's doing his best in a pandemic" and obviously a huge part of the conservative voter base don't realise that conservatives values would never help them. 
-

In both cases, USA and UK, the blame always somehow seems to shift to the left, labour, democrats etc. Even though neither country have a leftist party in power. (In USA some states are democrat ruled) But to me the problem is not that these people are genuinely supporting these figure but not really invested in politics enough beyond the surface level of "immigrants and democrats are bad" 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Friend is a scout leader ... apparently still allowed to go ahead .... I mean surely that breaks all the school bubbles !!

They're drawing a distinction between organised activity with risk assessments in place and uncontrolled mixing. 

I wonder if the next stage might be that you should keep it to only the same 6 people.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Friend is a scout leader ... apparently still allowed to go ahead .... I mean surely that breaks all the school bubbles !!

Possibly comes under the organised sport still being allowed? 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

They're drawing a distinction between organised activity with risk assessments in place and uncontrolled mixing. 

I wonder if the next stage might be that you should keep it to only the same 6 people.

those people risk assessing are just you and I though ...... you dont need any training to risk asses as far as im aware ? 

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

those people risk assessing are just you and I though ...... you dont need any training to risk asses as far as im aware ? 

My workplace has a course before you start doing any risk assessments. Lots do, the scouts almost certainly, or at least guidance to follow.

The covid risk assessments are essentially the same process as other risk assessments that happen for fire, injury etc. You just have to do it specifically for covid and read the government guidance. 

It doesn't require specific skills to do, the difficulty is making sure people do the stuff.

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

My workplace has a course before you start doing any risk assessments. Lots do, the scouts almost certainly, or at least guidance to follow.

The covid risk assessments are essentially the same process as other risk assessments that happen for fire, injury etc. You just have to do it specifically for covid and read the government guidance. 

It doesn't require specific skills to do, the difficulty is making sure people do the stuff.

yes probably just my experience in my workplace ... but they are slack on most thing tbh ... 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Organisations similar to this have to do risk assessments for meetings outings etc  as part of usual practise they will be intensified with the Covid circumstances! I guess similar to events and festivals!!! The risk assessments and training would  be guided by professional bodies!! 

7 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Organisations similar to this have to do risk assessments for meetings outings etc  as part of usual practise they will be intensified with the Covid circumstances! I guess similar to events and festivals!!! The risk assessments and training would  be guided by professional bodies!! 

I still don’t get it though .... what risk assessment would deem that safe ... multiple ages breaking all the school bubbles that have been set up ... one case in that group would shut entire schools and not just the year group bubbles 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Year group bubbles are being broken every day. At my school, each year group is supposed to have it’s own block, where all lessons will be taught each day so that they don’t have to mix with other year group bubbles. However, second day in (last Friday), this was already thrown out because of rooming issues, so you had Year 10 and 11 students coming over to the Year 7 only block to use classrooms Year 7s had just used before going to lunch (we have upper and lower school staggered lunch hours), without any cleaning happening of said room before the Year 10 and 11s entered. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Year group bubbles are being broken every day. At my school, each year group is supposed to have it’s own block, where all lessons will be taught each day so that they don’t have to mix with other year group bubbles. However, second day in (last Friday), this was already thrown out because of rooming issues, so you had Year 10 and 11 students coming over to the Year 7 only block to use classrooms Year 7s had just used before going to lunch (we have upper and lower school staggered lunch hours), without any cleaning happening of said room before the Year 10 and 11s entered. 

Yep I’d presumed that would always be the case must be an absolute ball ache for you guys and then trying to maintain the levels of teaching too ... full admiration ... it was more that this is kind of setup with the knowledge of breaking them ... what you talk of is responding to circumstance that probably can’t be helped :( 

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I still don’t get it though .... what risk assessment would deem that safe ... multiple ages breaking all the school bubbles that have been set up ... one case in that group would shut entire schools and not just the year group bubbles 

I’m not sure how it safe I’m just presuming thts what they are doing if groups like tht are meeting up!!! Speaking for myself and the community I work in we are not running any groups at all everything is online!! Even our meetings are online! Each visit we do to a family home has to be risk assessed which we do anyway we just have to fill out another extra form instead of being able to use our common sense!! This week we had the official Covid in the workplace policy sent to us!! Some of which is ridiculous! 

When comparing our situation to Germany, I can only say the issue in the UK is the government’s approach, not the people’s attitudes.

The attitude in Germany is pretty much the same (except for slightly better and more vast mask wearing including when not sat in restaurants and bars) from the public, yet their rate is only half of ours and their deaths are 5x less with a higher population.

So, being very controversial, I don’t think this reduction in the legal gathering size will do anything. Yes, in an ideal world everyone would wear their mask and keep their distance but in reality it just doesn’t happen. This new legislation will not stop gatherings over six, people will just break the rules just as they do with the masks and the police will have enforcement powers but not enforce anything.

The real way to stop this is to tighten up on masks(pubs and restaurants) enforcement of them and to improve contact tracing and make sure supply meets demand when it comes to testing.

The government need to rethink their approach, not blame the public(I understand a lot of the public ARE actually to blame but they aren’t going to stop being wreckless- the government are the only ones who can get numbers down).

Only 2 of the top 25 are Tory places, with one of those being Solihull which is practically Birmigham anyway

I know many of the places high on the list are rough to say the least, which definitely will be contributing to it

But does anyone think the Tories would allow testing in their own areas? They're way too clever for that. 

As a political party, if you had the power to decide where testing was allowed and not allowed, therefore who got locked down and who didnt, with the knowledge that the local council will get the blame when the businesses close and people lose jobs there (alongside the benefit of that not happening in your own areas), wouldn't you take it?

I'm convinced this is being used as a political tool right now. I have a grudging respect for their audaciousness.  

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Doesn't matter. They could still introduce it as guidance if they thought it would change enough behaviour. 

The social bubbles are unenforceable, but we have them.

Realistically this new 6 people rule is unenforceable though, police aren’t knocking on people’s doors...

I can’t see it making much of a difference to the numbers.

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Do we think pubs and restaurants will be closed down again next? Rather than another full on National lockdown I see this as the next step if things don't start improving.

Eat in to help out .. with groups no larger than 6 ... but healthy food only