When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Woo! The new testing system to get back to normal is piloting in Salford

So they’re testing the new pilot scheme in the part of the country that’s currently being affected the most. 

It’s either going to fail completely or prove that it works even in a high risk area. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s been in for a while .. u must have missed it ... in amongst the flannel 

It seems to be new in some way...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-09/hands-face-space-campaign-launched-as-positive-coronavirus-cases-rise

Either way, if anyone doesn’t know those three things by now, a slogan isn’t going to help them!

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

Wait so the 2 household rule is gone then? It's just the 6 people rule? So what they've actually done is loosen restrictions for the majority of cases?

Depends on the size of your household. I'd say it limits more, however it goes against their previous comments of household transmissions.

Why ask about christmas now, like they'll be any answer that could predict what would happen in 3 months. 

It still seems to me that the government are expecting to be able to keep infections under control and that we will not be restricted further.

By the end of the month, the government will be saying not enough people followed the rule of 6 and they need to close pubs and w/e else

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

We’ve got a new 3 point slogan:

Hands - Face - Space

People get paid for this shit! 

There was a point where he said it in quite a sing song way (something like "wash your hands, cover your face) and my brain immediately went to " Thank you baked potato"

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Depends on the size of your household. I'd say it limits more, however it goes against their previous comments of household transmissions.

It's more the number of people wanting to meet? It's more restrictive for outdoors, but now two people in my household can go to another couple's house, and a third couple can join us. Which couldn't happen before. Or six people from different houses can all go to the cinema together. 

I know the reality was the "only two households" bit was being ignored, but presenting this as a tightening of the rules when, making it a law aside, it's the opposite is bizarre.

Just now, ace56blaa said:

Why ask about christmas now, like they'll be any answer that could predict what would happen in 3 months. 

It still seems to me that the government are expecting to be able to keep infections under control and that we will not be restricted further.

By the end of the month, the government will be saying not enough people followed the rule of 6 and they need to close pubs and w/e else

Because it's the last time they had a chance to ask Johnson about it. It's important too for many people.

So Boris just said it's early to tell about Christmas, however he himself said about returning to normality by Christmas in July! If it's too early now, it certainly was then.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Because it's the last time they had a chance to ask Johnson about it. It's important too for many people.

So Boris just said it's early to tell about Christmas, however he himself said about returning to normality by Christmas in July! If it's too early now, it certainly was then.

I mean he literally started the conference by saying it's an update as "we go into autumn and winter" - from that I'd be surprised if he plans on bothering to do another one himself before Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For me it just seems like they are hoping to have a huge headline to write "Johnson says christmas is cancelled" etc. Or get him to slip up and promise christmas so they can call him out when he doesn't deliver. 

Journalists seem to be more obsessed with using loaded questions to get a specific answer from Boris, it always frustrated me about these conferences. 

Christmas is important, but there is so much stuff you could ask and get legitimate answers, anyone with half a brain should know that the answer to questions about christmas, depends on the state of uk closer to the time. we could curb the virus or have a significant second wave. but we just dont know now and yet two separate journalists have asked about it. 

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

For me it just seems like they are hoping to have a huge headline to write "Johnson says christmas is cancelled" etc. Or get him to slip up and promise christmas so they can call him out when he doesn't deliver. 

Journalists seem to be more obsessed with using loaded questions to get a specific answer from Boris, it always frustrated me about these conferences. 

Christmas is important, but there is so much stuff you could ask and get legitimate answers, anyone with half a brain should know that the answer to questions about christmas, depends on the state of uk closer to the time. we could curb the virus or have a significant second wave. but we just dont know now and yet two separate journalists have asked about it. 

He already said that about Christmas which is why they are pressing him on it. If he doesn't want to be pressed on something then he should chose his words more carefully.