When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Exactly. She knows they love her tough woman thing...reminds them of someone else. It's why she won't get sacked.

Mummy didn't show me any affection growing up and let the nanny/au pair/boarding school do all the parenting and now I can only be aroused by nasty women.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Mummy didn't show me any affection growing up and let the nanny/au pair/boarding school do all the parenting and now I can only be aroused by nasty women.

yeah...Thatcher set the template for this...have to be some sort of uber hard woman to lead...maybe one of the reasons labour have never had a female leader either...?

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

And now I feel a bit sick.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well yeah. Anyway...I feel a bit sick as I've somehow ended up defending Patel. I just think out of all those politicians listed her job is probably the most secure.

I know what you mean though. In terms of competence rather than being a functioning human being she's less of a catastrophe than the others.

Although she did have that massive u-turn over the fees for foreign NHS staff didn't she?

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hearing rumours that it’ll be relaxed in some areas, Wigan will be completely removed, but Oldham will go into full lockdown. 

numbers where I am in Manchester are creeping up, so restrictions may stay in place. Oldham council leaders are pleading govt not to put them into full lockdown...for economic reasons, but also as could increase racial tensions...

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Johnson's on holiday in one of them?

He must be in Switzerland. Sturgeon has added them to the Scottish quarantine but schnapps hasn’t added to the English quarantine.

Really f***s my parents plans over as they need to go and check on their house and carry out work. It’s literally in a village with 400 residents and there hasn’t been a single covid case.

Edited by FestivalJamie

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Croatia, Trinidad & Tobago and Austria added on to the quarantine list but Portugal removed from it 

Liverpool are in a training camp there now.  Got games planned for Saturday and Tuesday.  Guessing they’ll scrap them and get out tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Liverpool are in a training camp there now.  Got games planned for Saturday and Tuesday.  Guessing they’ll scrap them and get out tomorrow. 

Need to disrupt the Liverpool training as much as possible before the opening game of the season 

3 hours ago, Barney McGrew said:

I don't know anybody who "hate immigrants, hate foreigners and thinks everyone on benefits is a scrounger" for sure there are ass holes in this country as there are in every other population but I think the majority in this country are decent people.

Obviously, if you have data that shows otherwise then I'll unhappily concede that I am wrong... there may be vocal minority but their hatred is not representative in my opinion.

My home town in the North East has plenty of casual racism and xenophobia for sure... I see it on my FB feed quite regularly from people I went to school or knew when I lived there.. along with casual friends from the West Midlands 

Benefit folks are scroungers is also prevalent too

Few folk at my work mainly older also have similar views - I can't give you numbers but I'm seeing it and doesn't surprise me if the attitude is more widespread which is depressing tbh

I live in Manchester now me, my friends and people I'm surrounded by don't have these views I'm pleased to say :)

9 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

My home town in the North East has plenty of casual racism and xenophobia for sure... I see it on my FB feed quite regularly from people I went to school or knew when I lived there.. along with casual friends from the West Midlands 

Benefit folks are scroungers is also prevalent too

Few folk at my work mainly older also have similar views - I can't give you numbers but I'm seeing it and doesn't surprise me if the attitude is more widespread which is depressing tbh

I live in Manchester now me, my friends and people I'm surrounded by don't have these views I'm pleased to say :)

I see exactly the same unfortunately ....

31 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

He must be in Switzerland. Sturgeon has added them to the Scottish quarantine but schnapps hasn’t added to the English quarantine.

Really f***s my parents plans over as they need to go and check on their house and carry out work. It’s literally in a village with 400 residents and there hasn’t been a single covid case.

Not great timing for your parents but probably better for the 400 residents that non locals stay out to avoid the potential spread? Not sure I'd want anyone from england coming over if I lived there.