When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think we should do everything can to lessen the impact, as going to be devastating to many species.

Saying that, I do fuck all myself to help things so I'm part of the problem.

Maybe what we need is some sort of virus that wipes out most of the homo sapiens.

This pandemic has showed us that we’d be pretty fucked if a coronavirus or flu that actually has the ability to kill most people it infects was to mutate into humans. Hopefully governments will now be more prepared to suppress a more lethal pandemic in the future now. In some ways covid-19 may actually help in that regard because it’s a dry run for a future pandemic with a 20%+ mortality rate 

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’s a simple case that some people don’t have much of a personality outside of spending money..

That's described me but about gigs and festivals. Used to live for it all....even with 5 months to find new hobbies I've drawn a blank 😂

Got to say when the flight ban/tax finally comes into effect I'd love to be residing in another country...easier said than done though 

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's described me but about gigs and festivals. Used to live for it all....even with 5 months to find new hobbies I've drawn a blank 😂

Got to say when the flight ban/tax finally comes into effect I'd love to be residing in another country...easier said than done though 

we'll all be trying to escape on little dinghies.

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also what’s the bloody appeal? I’m a sightseeing kind of person. I like to go to events and see / do things when I go on holiday. I don’t really see the appeal of sitting on a beach for 2 weeks. Maybe this is a clash of personality. If I’m going abroad and I’m just going to be in my hotel all the time I don’t see the point. Seems like spending money just because you can.

I'm the same but find myself forced to admit that someone going to Spain and spending two weeks on the beach is probably being safer all round than me going on holiday in the UK and trying to do sightseeing and experience stuff. (Hence not really doing that either)

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Got as much chance of people giving up flying as the majority of us giving up meat. 

Or having kids. The third big thing we need to stop doing that never really gets mentioned.

22 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I'm the same but find myself forced to admit that someone going to Spain and spending two weeks on the beach is probably being safer all round than me going on holiday in the UK and trying to do sightseeing and experience stuff. (Hence not really doing that either)

Or having kids. The third big thing we need to stop doing that never really gets mentioned.

if any people who shouldn't really be parents realised this, that particular problem could reduce drastically. There are loads who do it just because they feel they should/next logical step/everyone else is doing it etc. 

I'd be a terrible parent - far too self centred and prone to low moods that affect my behaviour. Would 100% end up resenting them. 

Though I'm pretty sure I read that Bill Gates and his satanic 5g vaccine will be making everyone sterile anyway so maybe it will be dealt with that way 😂

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, dandandan95 said:

I don't think hyperbole like that helps any cause. It's people that read those papers that need to vote Labour in '24 in greater numbers for Labour to win.  

It was pretty tongue in cheek to be honest. Despite their well documented historic links to Oswald Mosley, I don't *actually* think the current incarnation of the Daily Mail is fascist. It's pretty grim though.

And yes I'm well aware. My dad is a lifelong reader and the chances of converting him to Labour are probably less than 1%.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was pretty tongue in cheek to be honest. Despite their well documented historic links to Oswald Mosley, I don't *actually* think the current incarnation of the Daily Mail is fascist. It's pretty grim though.

And yes I'm well aware. My dad is a lifelong reader and the chances of converting him to Labour are probably less than 1%.

Am on the mailing list for that comedy club and got this the other day:

WE ARE FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES SO HAVE SMALLER CAPACITY. PLEASE BRING A MASK FOR WHEN YOU ARE CIRCULATING ROUND THE CLUB AND PLEASE LEAVE 2 SEATS BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER GROUPS. ALSO PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW TOILETS!? 

Sounds like either they got caught on the hop reopening, they've had a visit or (my suspicion) a punter has said something. Anyway, hopefully it will be improve (my wife isn't up for reattending but will prob go again with a mate some time). @zahidf

Also, it;s the New Normal Festival with Sara Pascoe tonight (and the Kraftwerk to Chems exhibition tomorrow). Will report back.

Edited by Homer

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

WE ARE FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES SO HAVE SMALLER CAPACITY. PLEASE BRING A MASK FOR WHEN YOU ARE CIRCULATING ROUND THE CLUB AND PLEASE LEAVE 2 SEATS BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER GROUPS. ALSO PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW TOILETS!? 

Sounds like either they got caught on the hop reopening, they've had a visit or (my suspicion) a punter has said something. Anyway, hopefully it will be improve (my wife isn't up for reattending but will prob go again with a mate some time). @zahidf

Also, it;s the New Normal Festival with Sara Pascoe tonight (and the Kraftwerk to Chems exhibition tomorrow). Will report back.

Oh cool! A club called alwaysbecomedy in Kennington are doing live shows every sat, starting from sept 12

Edited by zahidf

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Why would we stop having kids? 

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ah yeah, that does sound like maybe someone has said something.

Enjoy! I really want to go to that Kraftwerk to Chems thing but it's on for  while yet, so might hold off for a bit. Let us know how it is.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Why would we stop having kids? 

Massively increases your carbon footprint. 

I could fly on three holidays a year and have meat with every meal and if I don't have a kid I'm still well ahead of a vegan that never flies with two sprogs.

Just now, DeanoL said:

I could fly on three holidays a year and have meat with every meal and if I don't have a kid I'm still well ahead of a vegan that never flies with two sprogs.

I’ve done my bit ... now where’s my private jet ? :) 

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I stand by my original point that people’s individual footprint is basically irrelevant and government’s would need to have a China esque one child policy to have any tangible effect on climate change. Me and my other half want to have 3 kids and have no intention not to bother 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I stand by my original point that people’s individual footprint is basically irrelevant and government’s would need to have a China esque one child policy to have any tangible effect on climate change. Me and my other half want to have 3 kids and have no intention not to bother 

I heard a report that having one less child each absolutely beats the crap out of any other climate change action you can take.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

I heard a report that having one less child each absolutely beats the crap out of any other climate change action you can take.

Correct. If everyone had one kid (or less) to replace them, it would be a cracking way to put the brakes on. The worry about the skew in the demographic pyramid will likely be made irrelevant by technology. Maybe appropriate euthanasia too...

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Correct. If everyone had one kid (or less) to replace them, it would be a cracking way to put the brakes on. The worry about the skew in the demographic pyramid will likely be made irrelevant by technology. Maybe appropriate euthanasia too...

Didn't really understand the second part - however, what I take away from that is that I am officially one child better than you. So I'll take it.

I do sometimes try to justify travel, etc to myself by 'well, I don't have children so I'm a great guy' - but the truth is I can't be bothered and I'd rather be lying around watching Peep Show in my pants instead.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Didn't really understand the second part - however, what I take away from that is that I am officially one child better than you. So I'll take it.

I do sometimes try to justify travel, etc to myself by 'well, I don't have children so I'm a great guy' - but the truth is I can't be bothered and I'd rather be lying around watching Peep Show in my pants instead.

People worry that if we don't have 2.4 or so children, there will be too many people beyond their working years that require support from an ever-shrinking base of the pyramid. By the time this manifests itself there's likely going to be such a shift in the way we work and an increase in automation that there's gonna be more than enough people free to care, if that hasn't been automated too. Also, it's likely that by 2050 or maybe even earlier euthanasia will be the norm. Fuck wasting away trapped in either my body or my mind.

Also... Peep Show is ace.

Edited by Superscally

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

People worry that if we don't have 2.4 or so children, there will be too many people beyond their working years that require support from an ever-shrinking base of the pyramid. By the time this manifests itself there's likely going to be such a shift in the way we work and an increase in automation that there's gonna be more than enough people free to care, if that hasn't been automated too. Also, it's likely that by 2050 or maybe even earlier euthanasia will be the norm. Fuck wasting away trapped in either my body or my mind.

we'll all be uploaded onto the internet by 2050.