When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No, I'll have a look.

How is Trump doing the convention/campaign thing? Is he going to have crowds...or will it be similar to this democrat virtual thing? because he really needs a crowd...

Virtual as well. 

Even Fox liked it

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On a different note, I'm getting pretty annoyed by seeing and hearing news stories along the lines of "We cancelled our Spain/France holiday because of th quarantine and went to Croatia instead and now we're sad". It literally couldn't have been clearer that this is a risk at this stage.

I don't really like how they are implementing the quarantine rules at a time in the future, giving people a chance to rush back potentially bringing back the virus. If the country is deemed high enough risk now, then impose the restrictions now instead of in a couple of days. I know people have different reasons for travelling at the moment but they are aware of the risks before going so it should be at their own risk.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On a different note, I'm getting pretty annoyed by seeing and hearing news stories along the lines of "We cancelled our Spain/France holiday because of th quarantine and went to Croatia instead and now we're sad". It literally couldn't have been clearer that this is a risk at this stage.

Agreed, the situation is changing week on week and frankly isn't worth the risk. Me and my family were due to go to America next week but decided not to go around April time (although both our flights have now been cancelled anyway) but instead we've decided to do days out locally to support the local economy and have a peace of mind that should we get ill we know we're accounted for in the local health system 

1 minute ago, Baggins7 said:

I don't really like how they are implementing the quarantine rules at a time in the future, giving people a chance to rush back potentially bringing back the virus. If the country is deemed high enough risk now, then impose the restrictions now instead of in a couple of days. I know people have different reasons for travelling at the moment but they are aware of the risks before going so it should be at their own risk.

I completely agree with this. It creates a rush for everyone to get back, which is surely counterproductive.

25 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Talking of Biden's speech; saw this unbelievable take from a GOP candidate for Congress:

Christ these right wing nutcases make me nauseous. I was reading about the pizzagate theory yesterday and how Kamala Harris is now being attached to it by the alt right basement dwellers. What’s happening to the world?!

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I have sympathy with people who had booked well in advance pre-C19, and are now faced with a "use it or lose it" from the holiday / airline companies as govt rules have relaxed, and so face significant financial loss if they don't go.

Anyone who's booked since travel restrictions kicked off (obviously there will be individual cases that are a bit different), pretty much zero sympathy.  What did they expect?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I have sympathy with people who had booked well in advance pre-C19, and are now faced with a "use it or lose it" from the holiday / airline companies as govt rules have relaxed, and so face significant financial loss if they don't go.

Anyone who's booked since travel restrictions kicked off (obviously there will be individual cases that are a bit different), pretty much zero sympathy.  What did they expect?

Yes agreed. Was talking about those who have booked recently.