When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

I think most tories would love it...if it worked. Infact I think everyone would love it if it worked. It will be a massive...wow. Why didn't we think of that before? Party!

I meant the idea of trying it, not the idea of it working.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I just had a gander at page one and the naivety is kinda sweet. Not even in lockdown yet, bless.

You should try and find the 2 other threads that pre-date this one, some epically bad predictions in there (mainly from me).

25 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

On taxes I’m qualified tax advisor and accountant and I know lower rates of tax mean a higher revenue I see it everyday!

How so? Because of tax avoidance you mean?

https://fullfact.org/economy/did-higher-taxes-lead-reduced-revenue-rich/

On an income tax level you’re right that tax avoidance is a big problem but the article above shows that the 50p tax was still net profitable.*

On a corporate tax level- california has a relatively high corporate tax compared to the rest of the US and yet is THE place for corporates to setup.

The scandinavian countries also punch above their weight in terms of the success of their corporates despite relatively high corporate tax rates compared to the rest of Europe.

Investment correlates with good governance, stable politics. The best jobs require the best talent and the best talent is not going to be attracted to go and work in some unstable banana republic with shit infrastructure.

*also tax avoidance can be ameliorated by more stringent legislature. Which would never happen under the tories because they’re all at it. 

Edited by mattiloy
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Here we go!

Yeah I'm not going near that in case I've said something ridiculous ahah. Its a bit like facebook reminding me I changed my status to extended Jamie T lyrics 11 years ago, I don't need to see my past self using the internet wrong.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I'm not going near that in case I've said something ridiculous ahah. Its a bit like facebook reminding me I changed my status to extended Jamie T lyrics 11 years ago, I don't need to see my past self using the internet wrong.

My take was that Glastonbury was 100% going ahead, June was months away. I could not be more wrong 😂

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

No but we do

On 6/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, reflekting said:

Rankings of useless ministers (top or bottom five)

Patel

Sharma

Jenrick (deserving of a mention for sure)

Shapps

Raab

Permissions to add Williamson to this list I made in June? Oh my word - what a bunch of shysters. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What has Patel done that is so uselss recently? I mean, I know she's unpleasant and all that...just can't think of anything that she's actually done that wasn't purely intentional, the true blue tory brigade love her.  I wouldn't be that surprised if she was tory leader one day.

Letting migrants drown in the channel is pretty shitty behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What has Patel done that is so uselss recently? I mean, I know she's unpleasant and all that...just can't think of anything that she's actually done that wasn't purely intentional, the true blue tory brigade love her.  I wouldn't be that surprised if she was tory leader one day.

I mean she asked the Navy to send warships into the channel to deal with a couple of dinghies last week and was rightly told to fuck off. Not that that didn't get those true blue Tories hard but it was still fucking stupid.

Just now, mcshed said:

I mean she asked the Navy to send warships into the channel to deal with a couple of dinghies last week and was rightly told to fuck off. Not that that didn't get those true blue Tories hard but it was still fucking stupid.

Exactly. She knows they love her tough woman thing...reminds them of someone else. It's why she won't get sacked.