When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

excellent just seen the edit ... thanks for adding that ... elastic is all good .... been hidden away out of sunlight so thats all good 

In theory if a scarf is good enough as a face covering a mask from a few years back would be to thinking about it.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't mean to rain on your parade but you might want to check as some of these have an expiry date of some kind?

Edit - It might be ok. I found this - "N95 masks really don't expire in terms of their functionality. The only part that is subject to damage over time are the elastic bands that attach the mask to the user's face, which can be damaged by sunlight," Dr. John Balmes, professor of environmental health science at Berkeley Public Health, told Business Insider in an email.

Sorry for the fuss.

But the valve allows unfiltered breath to escape.So this would be more effective to protect you (as it filters incoming air rather than exhaled particles) rather than the widespread public health aim of a reduction in the wearer spreading aerosol droplets.

In your case though, sod it, wear what you can.

So at least 5 of the areas with high infection rates can be tied to specific outbreaks and should be easily contained. 

The Kirklees one is interesting. The area where the outbreak occurred is classed as Kirklees but actually has a Bradford postcode. (Don’t try to understand Yorkshire logic) Chances are that the high numbers in both areas are linked to the same factory with some cases going to a hospital in Bradford and the rest to Huddersfield. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s usually just seeing  Gary Lineker advertising them that makes me feel ill. 

ive actually got his autograph he once guested against Somerset cricket club or was it for ?!... hes a talented all round sportsman think he played snooker aswell .... although seeing him present match of the day in his boxers was a little off putting .... 

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The Kirklees one is interesting. The area where the outbreak occurred is classed as Kirklees but actually has a Bradford postcode. (Don’t try to understand Yorkshire logic) Chances are that the high numbers in both areas are linked to the same factory with some cases going to a hospital in Bradford and the rest to Huddersfield. 

Is that related to Hancock mixing up Keighley with Kirklees?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53235015

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive actually got his autograph he once guested against Somerset cricket club or was it for ?!... hes a talented all round sportsman think he played snooker aswell .... although seeing him present match of the day in his boxers was a little off putting .... 

I also got his while he was commentating at Leeds vs Villa game many years ago.

It used to be quite common for sportsmen to play multiple disciplines. A mates dad used to play football professionally and then play top level cricket in the summer.

Just now, Copperface said:

Is that related to Hancock mixing up Keighley with Kirklees?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53235015

Keighley is on the opposite side of Bradford so not connected at all. Maybe we need to send a local down there to teach him the differences in our towns and how to pronounce them. 

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I also got his while he was commentating at Leeds vs Villa game many years ago.

It used to be quite common for sportsmen to play multiple disciplines. A mates dad used to play football professionally and then play top level cricket in the summer.

Keighley is on the opposite side of Bradford so not connected at all. Maybe we need to send a local down there to teach him the differences in our towns and how to pronounce them. 

pretty sure he just struggles with pronunciation ... he seemed to struggle with a journalists name in the press conferences despite being corrected on it on another occasion ... just like pritti patel has difficulties with numbers ... hes just ignorant !!

Edited by crazyfool1

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Areas where people less able to work from home have the higher number of cases, the new divide. Actually, same divide as before really...poor/rich, north/south.

Scotland and N Ireland look ok though.

Basically in Scotland we are still in a sort of lockdown light. Still 2m distancing, shouldn’t be travelling more than 5 miles, facemasks have been worn in essential shops for a while now, tourist areas have car parks shut.  Other shops opened up a few days ago. Most Pubs won’t open as long as the 2m thing stays though we expect an update on that tomorrow. It has to be said that apart from care homes a lot of areas have very little viral spread. There are hotspots especially in Glasgow and surrounding areas.  

And I am desperate to get down to somerset😁

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Basically in Scotland we are still in a sort of lockdown light. Still 2m distancing, shouldn’t be travelling more than 5 miles, facemasks have been worn in essential shops for a while now, tourist areas have car parks shut.  Other shops opened up a few days ago. Most Pubs won’t open as long as the 2m thing stays though we expect an update on that tomorrow. It has to be said that apart from care homes a lot of areas have very little viral spread. There are hotspots especially in Glasgow and surrounding areas.  

despite your dislike for sturgeon I think the delays have worked out for Scotland ... 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

despite your dislike for sturgeon I think the delays have worked out for Scotland ... 

The geography of the country has a lot to do with it. We don’t have large urban areas apart from Greater Glasgow and to a lesser extent , Edinburgh. And that’s where there has been problems. Basically all wee Jimmy Krankie  has done is wait until England has made a decision and then a few weeks later announced the same measures.  

One talking point up here amongst the neds has been the shortage of Buckfast wine. Prices soared outstripping crack.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Being in Tameside I don't like that we are 10th on that list, it's not like its mad busy round here but alot of folk do fit the essential services sector so probably been working right through. Problem is we are a mass transit route for public transport from the outer boroughs into central Manchester so this could effect numbers - I have no idea tbh

6 hours ago, northernringo said:

Hopefully some good news from the Oxford vaccine:

'Right response' seen in vaccine trials

The right sort of immune response has been seen in trials for a potential Covid-19 vaccine at the University of Oxford, a parliamentary hearing has been told.

The trials have now entered the Phase III clinical stage.

Sarah Gilibert, professor of vaccinology at the university, told the government committee that the trial had enrolled 8,000 volunteers for the next stage.

She could not give a timeline for when the vaccine - which was licensed to AstraZeneca - might be ready, as it depends on the results of the trial.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Basically all wee Jimmy Krankie  has done is wait until England has made a decision and then a few weeks later announced the same measures.  

Apologies if I’m getting you mixed up with someone else but was your position at the start of this shit not that Sturgeon would rush out to announce decisions before BJ in an attempt to appear to be leading the narrative ?

I think that referring to her as wee Jimmy Crankie is poor form whatever your politics 🙂

5 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Apologies if I’m getting you mixed up with someone else but was your position at the start of this shit not that Sturgeon would rush out to announce decisions before BJ in an attempt to appear to be leading the narrative ?

I think that referring to her as wee Jimmy Crankie is poor form whatever your politics 🙂

At the beginning of all this she was privy to what happened at the cobra meetings and had a habit of giving out the info at her lunchtime briefings before Johnson had a chance to speak at five. As for the name, yes it’s a bit cruel but all politicians whether is Johnson, Corbyn sturgeon etc, need a bit of the spitting image treatment at some time.  Just a joke!  Sorry if it offended

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sorry if it offended

come on, shurely you know by now that snippers have no sense of humour when it comes to the cause? God is to be treated with respect, no criticism allowed (with some even having to put that pledge in writing).