When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, HalfAnIdiot said:

That doesn't answer my question really. 

We all want out of this. Please don't be so mean to people. 

I’m sorry for being mean.

I don’t believe that we all want out of this though. There are posters who have clearly expressed a preference to keep restrictions. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t believe that we all want out of this though. There are posters who have clearly expressed a preference to keep restrictions. 

I belive they are just concerned that this may not be the best path out of this. It probably doesn't always read that way. Emotional times really. 

One day we'll all be sat in a field at a certain farm and look back at these times thankful that's its over and we got through it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HalfAnIdiot said:

I belive they are just concerned that this may not be the best path out of this. It probably doesn't always read that way. Emotional times really. 

One day we'll all be sat in a field at a certain farm and look back at these times thankful that's its over and we got through it. 

Have a greenie 🙂

I guess the we will tell our grandkids about the pandemic in the same way they told us about WW2. An absolutely bizarre period in our lives. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Spain are rocketing along with the vaccinations!

It’s good to see the major EU countries really ramping up their rollouts now. They had a woefully slow start and took some well deserved criticism for it but they’ve gotten their arses into gear now and they deserve a lot of credit for doing that. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Have a greenie 🙂

I guess the we will tell our grandkids about the pandemic in the same way they told us about WW2. An absolutely bizarre period in our lives. 

Yup. No medals this time tho (except for the NHS which was great to see). 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Who, exactly? I don’t recall anyone in this thread saying they’d prefer restrictions to stay forever. 

Differences of opinion about when restrictions are lifted, absolutely yes.

Same with a few discussions of longer lasting hygiene measures like masks and wfh. I suppose some people might call that sort of thing restrictions.

But do you really think anyone here wants this shit to last a second longer than it has to? 🙄

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It’s good to see the major EU countries really ramping up their rollouts now. They had a woefully slow start and took some well deserved criticism for it but they’ve gotten their arses into gear now and they deserve a lot of credit for doing that. 

We hit 50% of adults double jabbed today! (68% with one dose)…just bought a million unwanted Pfizer and Moderna vaccines from Romania (deal done, crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s) and coupled with allowing J&J for 18-34 year olds from today (phones in pharmacies hopping, no sign of hesitancy), they now reckon we’ll have the entire vaccination programme finished in August (over a month earlier than planned)…we’ll see if we get there, but definitely looking better than it was at Easter!

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Been at work tonight, what have I missed? My two questions are:

Are festivals & other large events allowed to go ahead from July 19th?

Will isolating if youve been in contact with someone thats tested positive, still be a thing?

Yes for 1.

Not yet for 2 but probably soon

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not going to downvote you. Just going to enjoy your faux outrage and tears. We are getting our freedom back in two weeks and there is absolutely nothing you lockdown loving weirdos can do about it. Pleasing 🙂 

I mean, we can not run the events you want to go to (not like for most small music/comedy promoters that promoting is the day job anyway, we don't need it).

And we can not go to the pubs and restaurants we went to before leading to the same problem with numbers that distancing presents. 

What I wonder is how long until the likes of you start to have a real problem with the likes of us not participating in the economy you've desperately wanted open for so long?

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Me too. I'm going to rinse out as much enjoyment as possible from those four days and nights. Right now, I can't look beyond that. Despite everything that's been said today, in my eyes, the situation has never been more uncertain 

Yeah that was my main reason for booking it in the first place to be honest, no idea what the future months will hold but its nice to have something that's almost definitely happening to look forward to!