When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

Remember when we had a predicted exit wave which didn’t pose any threat to delaying the roadmap? 

When cases didn't rise quickly in any areas? Yes, I remember that well. That's not what's happening this time. Hopefully the vaccinations will make all the difference, but it's not the same situation with case rises.

Just now, zahidf said:

Oh I agree with Surge vaccinations. Seems an easy way to get the spread down.

Really interesting that they're focussing on increasing the protection to the vulnerable rather than limiting spread by increasing first doses.

Or maybe that's just because of the AZ/Pfizer policies. There's no need to hold back AZ now to make sure there are enough first doses - we may as well get them in older arms now, hardly anyone is going to be having AZ as a first dose.

I hope they do step up the first doses in the most affected areas though.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really interesting that they're focussing on increasing the protection to the vulnerable rather than limiting spread by increasing first doses.

Or maybe that's just because of the AZ/Pfizer policies. There's no need to hold back AZ now to make sure there are enough first doses - we may as well get them in older arms now, hardly anyone is going to be having AZ as a first dose.

I hope they do step up the first doses in the most affected areas though.

Focusing on preventing hospitalisations and deaths still. Which I get!

Fwiw, I dont buy the 10k hospitlisations a day. I think they're undervaluing the protections vaccines give. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Focusing on preventing hospitalisations and deaths still. Which I get!

Fwiw, I dont buy the 10k hospitlisations a day. I think they're undervaluing the protections vaccines give. 

I suspect you're right on the undervaluing of the vaccine. They seem to have overperformed at every step of the way, back to the first phase 3 trial results.

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Johnson is a fucking clown. Hasn't learnt a thing. This is the most critical point and he's (probably) fucked it up again. 

The evidence he needs is hospitals filling up, meaning we need months of restrictions as its miles too late by then 

How can someone have such a level of incompetence? 

😂 when I suggested local lockdowns I got laughed out of here yet it turns out SAGE have recommended exactly that!

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The not stopping flights from India thing seems like a really stupid own goal.

Yep, letting in as much covid as possible because bojo wanted to go there for a meeting might have backfired.

It's so frustrating. Johnson surely didn't need to go to India for the meeting, but if he really had to why couldn't they have just closed all other flights and allowed only him to? Or put it on the red list for everyone except his party? He is the prime minister, you feel like they could have made an exception on that basis rather than all or nothing. They do for plenty of other things.

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's so frustrating. Johnson surely didn't need to go to India for the meeting, but if he really had to why couldn't they have just closed all other flights and allowed only him to? Or put it on the red list for everyone except his party? He is the prime minister, you feel like they could have made an exception on that basis rather than all or nothing. They do for plenty of other things.

I know, it’s crazy. 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Thinking about this a lot today

#excellentpandemicperformance

We are absolutely killing comparably sized European countries in terms of vaccine rollout. It’s not even close. It’s like if Rory McIlroy turned up to play golf against my local four ball. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

We are absolutely killing comparably sized European countries in terms of vaccine rollout. It’s not even close. It’s like if Rory McIlroy turned up to play golf against my local four ball. 

'killing' is certainly the operative word given the pile of bodies left by Johnson's mishandling of the pandemic.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I have not met a single government supporter in the vaccination centres yet. The NHS and volunteers resent the government getting the credit for everything they are doing. The NHS comments are that this is working because they've left control to us rather than getting involved

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Where do you think the latest variant comes from ? Have u worked out the concept that it is equally important to keep the virus under control elsewhere yet … ? Yes the vaccine rollout is going well but that will be completely irrelevant if we let in a variant that evades the vaccine … it’s not an individual competition unless we close borders 

• Upvote 1