When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Currently in Street about to go and meet the Wife’s grandparents at their house (both had both jabs) and the in laws (both had first jab) whilst me and Wife both did COVID tests this morning.

Looking forward to sitting on a sofa which isn’t mine!

Just now, Toilet Duck said:

China vaccinating an entire city of 300,000 people after finding 16 cases there. Whole city to be vaccinated over the next 5 days...bloody slow coaches, you lads would have that done in an afternoon...😁

To be fair it must take them a bit of time to process everyone and make anyone not towing the line dissapear.

17 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m going to a friend’s house for a few drinks this evening. None of the other attendees are vaccinated at all and I’m not “fully” vaccinated. Up yours Boris. 

I'm going to be in a group of 6 but from 3 separate households! I'm certainly starting to get a buzz from this criminal lifestyle where will it end?

1 hour ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

We're never meeting anyone indoors again then.

The NHS has been protected through a cocktail of natural infection, vaccine and lockdowns. Deaths have only occured in large numbers in the older demographic these have now been protected or are soon to be protected.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-deaths_within_28_days_of_positive_test_by_date_of_death_age_demographics

Infection rates in lower age groups don't matter, deaths and hospitalisation rates (conversation rate of positive case.to being in hospital) are really all that matters going forward.

Long Covid is real but it's the exception not the norm. 

If we don't get our lives back soon we never will. Millions of people with a tiny amount of risk have put theirs lives on hold for approaching 18 months by the time it should be over to protect the NHS and the older generations and that patience is wearing thin now with moving goal posts and the looming introduction of domestic Covid passports for them to live with for the rest of their lives. It's a joke.

It definitely represents a peak in the madness. Even the American CDC says fully vaccinated people can meet indoors.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-us-allows-fully-vaccinated-people-to-meet-indoors-without-wearing-face-masks-12240174

They’re also running the risk of giving these Vaccines a bad name. Justifying Passports because they need to ‘coerce’ young people to take them while telling those who have had it they still can’t meet up because they’re not effective enough (which also begs the question-what are the point of these Passports then, apart from bullying the reluctant and profitable data harvesting?). Not a great sales pitch. They should be following the Americans lead on this.

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

I'm going to be in a group of 6 but from 3 separate households! I'm certainly starting to get a buzz from this criminal lifestyle where will it end?

It's an interesting thought, are we just breeding a generation of people who will wilfully break the law - like you say where will that end? 

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It definitely represents a peak in the madness. Even the American CDC says fully vaccinated people can meet indoors.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-us-allows-fully-vaccinated-people-to-meet-indoors-without-wearing-face-masks-12240174

They’re also running the risk of giving these Vaccines a bad name. Justifying Passports because they need to ‘coerce’ young people to take them while telling those who have had it they still can’t meet up because they’re not effective enough (which also begs the question-what are the point of these Passports then, apart from bullying the reluctant and profitable data harvesting?). Not a great sales pitch. They should be following the Americans lead on this.

Yep - jabs are either a way out or they aren't. 

I don't know what the point of the passport is anyway from a public health perspective but even more so with this sort of messaging!

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

13 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

It's an interesting thought, are we just breeding a generation of people who will wilfully break the law - like you say where will that end? 

Most of us regularly break the law whilst driving above speed limits, using our own logic as to the danger.

We’ll occasionally get caught.

I look at the risk of the virus in a similar way and I’m sure lots of others do too.

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

The theoretical talk of variants will never go away though. But we can’t delay the roadmap because something ‘might’ happen. It’s just nonsense talk. 

He isn’t suggesting that we do delay anything. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

The theoretical talk of variants will never go away though. But we can’t delay the roadmap because something ‘might’ happen. It’s just nonsense talk. 

I agree ... it’s a slow unlock but we don’t need other reasons .... if the problems do occur we need to be able to react though and have people onside enough to be able to do that ... if the restrictions continue based on what ifs they don’t have any cards left to play 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

He isn’t suggesting that we do delay anything. 

‘Potential high risk’ for variants. And that ministers should be ‘very aware’. It’s like he’s setting it up for an ‘I told you so’ should things go wrong. 
But there always will be a risk of variants, literally everybody knows that regardless if you’re a scientist or not. But we can’t wait around much longer just in case. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

He’s right though, Ministers do need to be careful and aware of the risks so we stay out of lockdown. 

He's not, though. "Stay out of lockdown" isn't a factor in relaxing things. The decisions are supposed to be based on the four tests that all - as it stands - are currently appearing to match or even beat the best case projections that were available when the roadmap was published.

We can't delay a decision based on a hypothetical worst case scenario, as we've just about reached the point where if this route out of lockdown doesn't work, then there isn't one.

1 minute ago, incident said:

He's not, though. "Stay out of lockdown" isn't a factor in relaxing things. The decisions are supposed to be based on the four tests that all - as it stands - are currently appearing to match or even beat the best case projections that were available when the roadmap was published.

We can't delay a decision based on a hypothetical worst case scenario, as we've just about reached the point where if this route out of lockdown doesn't work, then there isn't one.

I genuinely can’t see in that thread him suggest the measures need to be delayed.

I thought it was a useful thread to provide some info on the current situation up against the 4 tests.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Ozanne said:

I genuinely can’t see in that thread him suggest the measures need to be delayed.

I thought it was a useful thread to provide some info on the current situation up against the 4 tests.

He's not specifically advocating anything. But his final paragraph certainly implies it and is outright bollocks.

• Upvote 2

Just something to add here - does anyone seriously think there is a risk that there will be another lockdown when the vaccines have shown protection against serious disease/death against all current variants (even if protection against mild disease is patchy but the jury is still out on this too). We will not be locking down to stop people getting mildly ill, even if the SA/Brazil variant became dominant?

• Upvote 1

Just now, hodgey123 said:

Just something to add here - does anyone seriously think there is a risk that there will be another lockdown when the vaccines have shown protection against serious disease/death against all current variants (even if protection against mild disease is patchy but the jury is still out on this too). We will not be locking down to stop people getting mildly ill, even if the SA/Brazil variant became dominant?

100% there will be those calling for lockdowns at the slightest sign of an increase in cases never mind anything else... Just incase. 

11 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

100% there will be those calling for lockdowns at the slightest sign of an increase in cases never mind anything else... Just incase. 

Yep, it’s crazy that in just over a year lockdowns are now suggested ‘just in case’ something might happen.
They were, and still are, an effective tool to be used in a time of crisis, as an absolute last resort. Hopefully we don’t see the need for another one in our lifetime.