When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Exactly. It’s not like the 5th richest country in the world can’t afford it either. Just pay the nurses full salary for crying out loud. 

yep and we've spunked all kinds of other money on consultancy etc .... we need as many jabbers as possible and these people already have the training to do it ... currently my sister and all her practise nurses arent doing it .... so perhaps paying for untrained people to get trained is really not very cost effective for short term 3-6 month contracts that are advertised !!

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

yep and we've spunked all kinds of other money on consultancy etc .... we need as many jabbers as possible and these people already have the training to do it ... currently my sister and all her practise nurses arent doing it .... so perhaps paying for untrained people to get trained is really not very cost effective for short term 3-6 month contracts that are advertised !!

That’s the thing isn’t it, they think they can get away with paying people like nurses lower salaries to do these types of tasks (which are of course massively important!) but to people that do in their minds much more important work, or are their friends then they’ll pay shed loads.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I wouldn't take on a side job that paid less than my salary.  If somebody with my skills was required to fill an urgent need, then I'd probably get my normal day rate, even if what I'm doing isn't that difficult compared to my normal work.

They should pay the bloody nurses properly.  

Totally agree with that, but that’s another matter. 

I know plenty of people who used to take hospitality jobs on the side of their 9-5 which wouldn’t pay more than their day job. 

If there’s more people who can do it (ie not just nurses) then the pay will be less. If they can’t recruit people at that wage then the offered wage will have to go up. 

It’s not a good look though.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Would it kill them to align the numbers properly, rather than centring them?

and also theres no clarity on 2 jabs .... so the numbers look all wrong ... we run out of vaccine when we use 6 million doses when we have a supply of 10 million ... obviously I worked it out but some sun readers might struggle to compute !!

2 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Just jumping in to ask a question.

How confident are you all that Glasto will go ahead next year?

I'd like them to start discussing their exact ideas of keeping it as safe as possible asap. 

Would be nice to see what they have planned

100% confident mate. Testing will be improved by then meaning people should be able to get tests the week of the festival proving they haven’t got the virus. Vaccine roll out will be in full force which means restrictions should start to ease from Easter.

2 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Just jumping in to ask a question.

How confident are you all that Glasto will go ahead next year?

I'd like them to start discussing their exact ideas of keeping it as safe as possible asap. 

Would be nice to see what they have planned

Depends how the roll out of vaccines go and how effective. If goes to plan and works as well as people say, I think Glastonbury will go ahead.

28 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

My understanding is that "the most vulnerable" - that they're looking to have vaccinated with this initial programme - covers about 20 million people. Hence JVTs comments that vaccinating the most vulnerable third of the country will prevent 99% of deaths.

25.2 million over 50s plus assorted other high risk, vulnerable and eligible key/essential workers (some overlap in that figure obviously).

26 or 27 million odd?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281174/uk-population-by-age/#:~:text=In 2019%2C there were approximately,after the Second World War.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

100% confident mate. Testing will be improved by then meaning people should be able to get tests the week of the festival proving they haven’t got the virus. Vaccine roll out will be in full force which means restrictions should start to ease from Easter.

Yeah I'm thinking the same.

Been saying to a few, now with the vaccine. Arts just cannot go another year with nothing on

so for the vaccine to be any use and to go to glastonbury you need to have the first vaccine by the end of May.

If we go off the people that think only the vaccinated should be allowed to go its gonna be exclusively 50+ this year ahah, maybe that's fitting for the 50th anniversary. The crows nest is gonna be pretty empty all weekend though.

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

so for the vaccine to be any use and to go to glastonbury you need to have the first vaccine by the end of May.

If we go off the people that think only the vaccinated should be allowed to go its gonna be exclusively 50+ this year ahah, maybe that's fitting for the 50th anniversary. The crows nest is gonna be pretty empty all weekend though.

You don’t need anyone to be vaccinated for it, so don’t worry about that. You just need effective and accessible tests available so people can prove they don’t have the virus.

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

25.2 million over 50s plus assorted other high risk, vulnerable and eligible key/essential workers (some overlap in that figure obviously).

26 or 27 million odd?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281174/uk-population-by-age/#:~:text=In 2019%2C there were approximately,after the Second World War.

That would of course be assuming 100% takeup, when realistically we'll probably see 80-90%, so can shave a few million back off again.

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Good news again that the R rate is falling again, is there any potential it could be fully below 1 for christmas or is that unlikely? 

Even if it’s below 1 at Christmas they shouldn’t shout about it. That will just encourage those on the fence about celebrating in mixed groups that it is safe to do it. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Even if it’s below 1 at Christmas they shouldn’t shout about it. That will just encourage those on the fence about celebrating in mixed groups that it is safe to do it. 

The cynic in me can see them slightly fixing it at one for the remainder of the month for that reason and perhaps even longer through January to help try and avoid any big spike