When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Zero Covid protest in Manchester tomorrow. Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

https://zerocovid.uk/

So let me get this right they are going out to protest that we should be locked down?? I agree with the sentiment but once so many people are infected it's the equivalent of trying to get toothpaste back in the tube. The reason why New Zealand was successful is because they did it early and we could have done that when our cases was in the tens! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

So let me get this right they are going out to protest that we should be locked down?? I agree with the sentiment but once so many people are infected it's the equivalent of trying to get toothpaste back in the tube. The reason why New Zealand was successful is because they did it early and we could have done that when our cases was in the tens! 

And by protesting they are doing the complete opposite ... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

And by protesting they are doing the complete opposite ... 

Exactly going out and mixing and spreading the virus to say they shouldn't be allowed to go out and mix and spread the virus. At times like this I know why I mostly prefer dogs to humans! More signs of intelligent life!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

you haven't met my dog.

But I have met some humans :D To be fair I always say mine are more beauty than brains but even they are not batshit enough to say they are going to go near people to prove to me that they don't want to go near people :D 

So everyone has been talking about lorry queues...but all that may have been British exceptionalism. experts in such things seem to think they just...won't come. 

And this is with or without a "deal" unless we stay within the customs union and single market which surely would spell the end of the government so that won't happen.

And this is not talked about mainstream, presumably to avoid panic buying. But with the likely consequence people will be taken by surprise and not even think of some kind of slow build stockpile 

Some light relief my friends.....

The mighty - Passion in the Veins

Pure JOY!!! Love these two.

You are sure to be smiling by the end of this. Light now at the end of the tunnel. The festival may even happen. Can't wait to have fun like this again.

Bye Honey Child!

Bamber X

Edited by bamber

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

It’s been apparent for a while that a vaccine alone in the early stages won’t be enough. We’ll still need some form of social distancing and restrictions to see us through the first phase. Don’t worry though as time goes on those restrictions in theory will get less and less and we can start to go about our lives again. I’m hesitant to say ‘our old lives back’ as maybe somethings are better off different?

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Politics will diverge from this. Theyll keep the low key stuff like handwashing and masks but get rid of social distancing Asap

No they won’t, they’ll keep it in till at least the vulnerable are vaccinated which will possibly be Easter. There might even be some form of social distancing for a little while after. The government have even said as much. I’m sorry to be a killjoy but a vaccine isn’t filing to magic everything away in weeks. I think it’s best to not set expectations so high with this, just so you aren’t left feeling disappointed 😀

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

GPs are being told they'll start vaccinating from Monday 14th December.

Which can only mean that the govt know that the Oxford vaccine is going to be approved next week.

Ooooo where have you seen that?

Sounds promising.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

No they won’t, they’ll keep it in till at least the vulnerable are vaccinated which will possibly be Easter. There might even be some form of social distancing for a little while after. The government have even said as much. I’m sorry to be a killjoy but a vaccine isn’t filing to magic everything away in weeks. I think it’s best to not set expectations so high with this, just so you aren’t left feeling disappointed 😀

It’s not just the government though it’s how people react on an individual level  ... hopefully you are right and people are still able and feel like they should be able to do the things required ... but I unfortunately don’t see this being the case ... I see this where I work and it’s becoming more the case even now ... once we have the jabs the we are the 99% lot will become more and more vocal ...