When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So Bojo won't be able to announce final plans for xmas as needs to be signed off by devolved government cabinets.

Without doubt Sturgeon will leak this as soon as she knows it. Did that earlier in the pandemic, after every Cobra meeting Johnson had his press briefing at 5 only for sturgeon to announce it at her press conference at midday. Up here we were hoping Boris would feed her a bit of disinformation.  Bit like the Vardy/Rooney wag dispute!  

This bubbles thing never makes sense to me. If you're only allowed up to 4 households in a bubble, as it says, we would be pretty screwed. Have just worked out it would be:

Us 

My sister and partner

My parents 

My partner's parents 

My partner's sibling and partner

My partner's sibling's partner's parents (who I barely know) 

So I've already exceeded 4 with just us seeing immediate family because of who they will also be seeing. I think my partner's sibling's partner has grandparents too.

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Why not? Jokes also serve to normalise things. Look at how all these famous pedos got away with it during the 70s - oh Thats just classic jimmy, dont mind him. Its only through hindsight we often realise that it wasnt right.

No offence mate but that's one of the worst analogies I've ever heard.

Radical bombers aren't inspired by Finn Taylor on HIGNFY, nor is it right to disallow anyone from ever making a joke about bombing.

It wasn't funny, I'll give you that.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This bubbles thing never makes sense to me. If you're only allowed up to 4 households in a bubble, as it says, we would be pretty screwed. Have just worked out it would be:

Us 

My sister and partner

My parents 

My partner's parents 

So I've already exceeded 4 with just us seeing immediate family because of who they will also be seeing. I think my partner's sibling's partner has grandparents too.

Would this also mean we have to pick 4 households for the entire period or is it 4 households at one time but you can then see others the next day?

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Would this also mean we have to pick 4 households for the entire period or is it 4 households at one time but you can then see others the next day?

Oh I assumed four for the whole period, not for one day. If it was one day I'd be fine. My post was written on the basis that we'd have to include people we won't even see because they will be seeing people we will be seeing (if you see what I mean!). Four at a time over several days is a free for all isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Apparently the same 4 household bubbles can also spend time in restaurants and pubs together too. So potential for groups of up to 20ish for a week. Crematoriums will be doing very well in January.

What do we learn? Nothing!

When do we learn it? We don't!

Just read this on the BBC about Christmas gatherings

“It is also a recognition the public needs a break from the long hard slog of the pandemic.

Infection rates will of course rise, but that will be offset to some extent by a wider boost to wellbeing.”

Just blows my mind really. What good is a sort term boost to well-being if it ends up costing your vulnerable loved ones their lives? 

We’re wilfully walking headfirst in to a disaster here. We could well be able to safely have these types of gatherings in just a couple months time. What’s wrong with the government saying “yeah infection rates are too high to allow it at the minute, but we’re so close to coming through this, vaccine is on the way, so we just need you to hold off for another month or two and we can ease the restrictions in a safe way”? All this effort for 9 months now and we’re about to throw it away for the sake of a few days?

Regardless of what Boris says we can do, we’re going to be incredibly careful with what we do at Christmas. Christmas dinner just the two of us, some movies and plenty of food and booze will be perfectly fine for a one off. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh I assumed four for the whole period, not for one day. If it was one day I'd be fine. My post was written on the basis that we'd have to include people we won't even see because they will be seeing people we will be seeing (if you see what I mean!). Four at a time over several days is a free for all isn't it?

Oh yeah it would be a free for all, I was wondering what one it meant.

I get what you mean, it seems a bit of a mess. Take my immediate family we have households:

- my parents

- me

- my sisters, her husband and 2 boys

- my sister and her husband

- my youngest that lives in London.

5 different households, one of which will have to not see any of us. That’s not even taking into account any other family or groups. This idea seems like a complete mess, not policeable in anyway and as it’ll lead to people being left out it will mean people will break the rules and we’ll see cases rising etc. 

56 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Us 

My sister and partner

My parents 

My partner's parents 

Where do you meet, a mansion? 

Of all the decisions the government have made during his time, this may be the one that makes me the most angry. People are going to needlessly die because of this, with most due to being passed the virus from the people who love them the most. 

This is an abomination of a decision. At best the complaint among us will meet many people indoors for hours on end, at worst the non-compliant will use this as an excuse to have an all out bender. We are a joke, we really are