When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Wow. Absolutely riddled with bogus statements.

but also some true ones.

My aging mother signed a DNR while in hospital for something non-covid/non-life-threatening during the summer. It wasn't something she went in there thinking "while I'm here I'll sign an DNR".

While I'm happy for my mother to (still) make decisions like that for herself, that's probably not the case for everyone that must have been talked to about a DNR.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but also some true ones.

My aging mother signed a DNR while in hospital for something non-covid/non-life-threatening during the summer. It wasn't something she went in there thinking "while I'm here I'll sign an DNR".

While I'm happy for my mother to (still) make decisions like that for herself, that's probably not the case for everyone that must have been talked to about a DNR.

I agree with that. 

Then again given the 10,000 word count, I'd expect some truth.

When you exaggerate so wildly, you weaken the good arguments you do have.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I agree with that. 

Then again given the 10,000 word count, I'd expect some truth.

When you exaggerate so wildly, you weaken the good arguments you do have.

Or, if you're a good liar like Trump, who sprinkle your bullshit with some nuggets of truth 

21 hours ago, incident said:

"the number of people dying today is the same as it would be any other year in total"

A "data scientist" should really learn to read data.

image.thumb.png.516ce948e84734f2aed0040121742290.png

Thank you for that chart. That vid is doing the rounds here in Leicester as he is from our University - it was really annoying me as I was sure it had been reported that there are definitely excess deaths this year and I was trying to find a easily understandable visual to show this. I’m definitely on the side of free speech/opinions but to blatantly misreport proven facts really pi**ed me off! It’s not so bad when it’s a random ‘Joe Bloggs’ attempting to mislead but we should hold a Professor of Genetics and Bioinformatics Group Leader at the University to greater and higher standards 

8 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Lets hope its more accurate than their weather reporting.

Yes, though we are due the ‘worst winter ever ahead, Snow chaos, Arctic conditions until may’ or ‘Diana, the true story’ headlines that the express usually produces when they can’t be arsed finding a proper story to lead with. At least I’m encouraged by the enthusiasm of the normally reticent scientists on tv this morning. 

1 hour ago, Radiochicken said:

Putting this kinda stuff in the media now to calm the hordes because it’s actually going to be a few more weeks before Phase 3 results start being shared?

It does potentially seem that way.

I was pinning my hopes on the big news coming in the next week but sounds like I need to calm down...!

6 minutes ago, gordong said:

While I am increasingly optimistic for next year, does anyone else think June is slightly too soon? If they moved it to September as was previously rumoured, I reckon it’s almost a certainty. 

See the website update to include a resale on the resale thread 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

but also some true ones.

I'm not a medic and am no expert in this area but a friend of mine is NHS national lead for DNACPR and Advance end of life care plans for admitted patients promoting open discussions between families and individuals so as to remove any ambiguity and reconcile medical decisions with the wishes of an individual etc.

It only applies to CPR and it's not about withdrawing any other treatments, so a very narrow scope.

DNACPRs (as they are now called) can, and are, ultimately the sole decision of a doctor to make in the patients best interest. Normally written up though after discussion with patient, and family if desired. Sometimes people just refuse to face up to such discussions.