When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, gordong said:

While I am increasingly optimistic for next year, does anyone else think June is slightly too soon? If they moved it to September as was previously rumoured, I reckon it’s almost a certainty. 

I think if they are going to be vaccinating with Pfizer end of this month and ( depending on how the results go) Oxford from December, they'll open up by end of March. They are waiting for the death rate to go down enough for them to put it in the background

Just now, zahidf said:

I think if they are going to be vaccinating with Pfizer end of this month and ( depending on how the results go) Oxford from December, they'll open up by end of March. They are waiting for the death rate to go down enough for them to put it in the background

Just like they did when opening things up this summer ... without a vaccine 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just like they did when opening things up this summer ... without a vaccine 

Yup. 

Its worth nothing that Merkel couldn't get her further restrictions passed their parliament equivalent and there were massive demonstrations in Italy and Spain against further restrictions.

The scientists will try to say we need restrictions with the vaccines but id say good luck with that...

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Snap polling by YouGov on Corbyn and divided parties:

Such an easy get out for the tories. They have the shite response to this pandemic, fuckknowswhat from brexit, and then everything...and they'll just keep on winning because labour will be bickering amongst themselve forever. Fuckin useless.

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

more brutal to me would be the loss of loved ones to the virus .... Its really only one day ... and hopefully plenty more to come ... that said I o understand that some might feel it more necessary 

Not my place to tell you what to do, but I question if seeing your family on their doorstep etc will really have much of an impact.

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think everyone who prioritises a meaningless day over the health of the people you share this island with is irresponsible. 

It's an arbitrary date.

Have your enjoyable family time once we are out of the woods, pick a day then and call it [insert name of preferred cultural celebration here].

This is just utter nonsense. Ok we get it- you don't like Xmas. It is not meaningless to so many. This forum is genuinely baffling at times.

12 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I also find it a bit strange that we are reportedly going to set aside these 5 days for Christmas, but didn't do that for Eid, why didn't people of that faith bet that treatment?

I'll probs face the wrath of some of the more politically correct efestivalers here but is it not blindingly obvious why there might be an exception for Xmas and not Eid?

Britain is at least to some degree still a christian country and Xmas is a national holiday every year. Why do kids get 2 weeks off at xmas and not Eid? Do you complain about that?

Easter is more important to Christians anyway and that was 'cancelled'. Not everything is a racist conspiracy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not my place to tell you what to do, but I question if seeing your family on their doorstep etc will really have much of an impact.

Absolutely fair comment ... something I will be considering... unless they go to my brothers for the day ( up to them ) ... 

3 minutes ago, DickButkis said:

https://twitter.com/margarethodge/status/1328771756056846336?s=20 

This from a woman who made money in apartheid South Africa during the boycott trying to smear a man who was arrested for protesting against it. But somehow Corbyn is the racist.

So because one person is a racist it logically follows that the person they're criticizing can't be a racist? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'll probs face the wrath of some of the more politically correct efestivalers here but is it not blindingly obvious why there might be an exception for Xmas and not Eid?

Britain is at least to some degree still a christian country and Xmas is a national holiday every year. Why do kids get 2 weeks off at xmas and not Eid? Do you complain about that?

Easter is more important to Christians anyway and that was 'cancelled'. Not everything is a racist conspiracy.

Eid and Diwali and Yom Kippur and other religious festivals simply aren’t important to the majority of people in the UK. Christmas is. 

11 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

So because one person is a racist it logically follows that the person they're criticizing can't be a racist? 

I can't understand even why it's acceptable she is a Labour MP to begin with. It also just further highlights an agenda against a man who has fought racism all his life.

31 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

There is absolutely zero chance this kind of stuff would be posted had it been Boris/Islamaphobia. Really does blow my mind that otherwise tolerant people can't see the hurt it causes the jewish community. 

Its a false equivalence as Boris has said and published articles which contain islamophobic things whilst Corbyn hasn’t.

If Corbyn had been falsely accused of islamophobia I would still post that meme. It has nothing to do with Judaism and I’m so bored of this weird overreach by the campaign for antisemitism bods.

Honestly, someone had commented on Len McCluskey’s tweet yesterday saying that the fact he’d used the word persecution, whilst saying that Corbyn was being persecuted, was somehow a reference to that jewish ppl persecuted Jesus and therefore was some veiled antisemitism ’dogwhistle’ whatever the fudge a ’dogwhistle’ is. Thats another thing, seems like everything is a ’dogwhistle ’ or ’unconscionable’ these days. This weird thing where a Guardian journo uses a word in a column and then centrist twitter seems to repeat it ad-nauseum to express their fake shock and horror. Whats the word this week Marina? Do me a favour

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Such an easy get out for the tories. They have the shite response to this pandemic, fuckknowswhat from brexit, and then everything...and they'll just keep on winning because labour will be bickering amongst themselve forever. Fuckin useless.

Yep. It's fucking pathetic. 

34 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

There is absolutely zero chance this kind of stuff would be posted had it been Boris/Islamaphobia. Really does blow my mind that otherwise tolerant people can't see the hurt it causes the jewish community. 

If there was an attack on Labour from a fundamentalist Muslim group who were keen on female genital mutilation, I'd tell them to fuck off.  If there were an attack on Labour from Christian fundamentalists who were upset about contraception or abortion, I'd tell them to fuck off.  The source of these antisemitism claims are the Jewish Labour Movement, who are opposed by left wing Jewish groups for being a politically-motivated Zionist group.  Zionism comes with the same irrational baggage as the rest of the religious fundamentalist nutters, e.g. believing their magic Iron Age book gives them a divine right to lands which other people are already living on.

If you want to stand by the fundamentalists along with Trump and co., that's your choice, but left wing Jewish groups will get extremely angry and offended that you're equating that with standing up for Jews.

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Its a false equivalence as Boris has said and published articles which contain islamophobic things whilst Corbyn hasn’t.

Zionists don't understand Irony? Liking/commenting on a mural showing clearly antisemitic tropes?

5 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Honestly, someone had commented on Len McCluskey’s tweet yesterday saying that the fact he’d used the word persecution, whilst saying that Corbyn was being persecuted, was somehow a reference to that jewish ppl persecuted Jesus and therefore was some veiled antisemitism ’dogwhistle’ whatever the fudge a ’dogwhistle’ is. Thats another thing, seems like everything is a ’dogwhistle ’ or ’unconscionable’ these days. This weird thing where a Guardian journo uses a word in a column and then centrist twitter seems to repeat it ad-nauseum to express their fake shock and horror. Whats the word this week Marina? Do me a favour

This is clearly rubbish and not antisemitism but this doesn't mean that there issues that are aren't an issue.