When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

ITV News reporting vaccination in the U.K with the Pfizer vaccine THIS MONTH.

Much faster then they were predicting

That’s cracking news .. and should enable a few maybe to get the 2 jabs before or close to xmas ... hopefully more channels will be reporting this tomoro 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't forget Diwali. This weekend gone and no one was allowed to do anything for that outside their hosuehold either. But Christmas is the only thing that matters apparently.

Good point, people from that faith would be understandably frustrated.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't forget Diwali. This weekend gone and no one was allowed to do anything for that outside their hosuehold either. But Christmas is the only thing that matters apparently.

I think the difference is we are in national lockdown at the moment. 

By Xmas we are likely to be back in some sort of tiered system and it would be an utter shit show if different parts of the country could do different things over Xmas. It would be carnage and it's impossible to police.

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

By Xmas we are likely to be back in some sort of tiered system and it would be an utter shit show if different parts of the country could do different things over Xmas. It would be carnage and it's impossible to police.

We weren't in a national lockdown in May when Eid was. In fact the Leicester restrictions were brought in the day before Eid festivities were set to begin. That's hardly fair when our Government are looking at letting us have Christmas.

True. Can't see people being allowed out of the tiered system to celebrate Eid or Diwali though either.

I think it's inevitable that restrictions will be relaxed and I'm not even arguing against it particularly as I agree you can't really stop it. Just pointing out the double standard really.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

We weren't in a national lockdown in May when Eid was. In fact the Leicester restrictions were brought in the day before Eid festivities were set to begin. That's hardly fair when our Government are looking at letting us have Christmas.

I was talking about Diwali - I suppose you could argue that given the levels I Leicester the decision was made not to ruin EID but actually to protect people. 

Lots of laws are impossible to police and yet we still have them. 

This isn't about stopping 100% of people being in position to spread the virus, it's about trying to stop as many people as possible.

And yes anyone with half a brain can see that these measures are being put in place to protect citizens.

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I was talking about Diwali - I suppose you could argue that given the levels I Leicester the decision was made not to ruin EID but actually to protect people. 

What were the levels in Leicester? We’re they significantly higher than the national average now then ? 

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think you're all crackers. I guess it's your own parents you could be killing. Yeah, have a big family get together when all the hospitals are full of COVID. Why not just delay until spring?

I know it's a special day and all, but the timing is really, really bad. Like really bad - we've got two weeks of lockdown left and cases are still rising in most of the country. It's about the worst possible time.

Please reconsider.

I can quite easily not leave the house for the next 5 weeks, I’m WFH indefinitely. 

I will pose zero risk to my family, and I fully intend to have a normal Christmas and put 2020 to the back of my mind for the day and have a good time with my entire family, regardless of whatever rules are in place. 

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I was using Eid as an example to compare against yours as there are similar. Cases were much lower back in May time when Eid was happening than they are now.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

What were the levels in Leicester? We’re they significantly higher than the national average now then ? 

Don't know of.hand I bet they were lower but comparing then to now is like comparing chalk with cheese, the two lockdown are very different even before you take into account the attitude towards them.

Just now, steviewevie said:

I guess the thinking with christmas is a lot of people are going to have family get togethers anyway, so may as well work around it....which looks like will mean stricter restrictions before and/or after the 5 day xmas period..

Yeah that's what broadly where I am with it. Personally I don't care about Christmas, but loads of people do and will see each other regardless, so we may as well accept it and put in measures around it. 

So the thinking is definitely that we will be back in a tier system come December 2nd? Or is that still not definite? Haven't followed this as closely as usual for past few days.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that's what broadly where I am with it. Personally I don't care about Christmas, but loads of people do and will see each other regardless, so we may as well accept it and put in measures around it. 

So the thinking is definitely that we will be back in a tier system come December 2nd? Or is that still not definite? Haven't followed this as closely as usual for past few days.

It's still not definite yet, Johnson says we are coming out off lockdown in the 2nd but Hancock implied we might not. If we do it will nearly certainly be into a slightly amended tier system.

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I've not got my finger on the pulse as it were, but have there been any announcments regarding NYE? 

If tight restrictions are in force then I can see it being the last straw for some businesses in the hospitality sector.

Nothing yet about NYE.

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I've not got my finger on the pulse as it were, but have there been any announcments regarding NYE? 

If tight restrictions are in force then I can see it being the last straw for some businesses in the hospitality sector.

I could maybe see them loosening things until new years day for that purpose but as has been mentioned is it worth the risk? Also major midnight fireworks have mostly been cancelled and the BBC have announced an evening of entertainment to try and keep people in so I'm unsure how itll play out 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry just to clarify, I meant lower than now, not than the national average. But again have no idea.

Leicester went into the first local lockdown with the city council reporting 944 positive tests in the two weeks to 23 Jun and a seven-day infection rate of 135 cases per 100,000.

Edited by Ozanne