When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Certainly an interesting approach for "local" measures when it affects 2/3 of the population... surprised they haven't just opted for national measures instead.

The rural areas are fine. It’s just in the large city and towns where the cases are rising. 

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The Welsh government briefings are becoming a daily game of “which county is getting added into local lockdown today?”.

Thats 50% of the local authorities accounting for 2/3 of the population locked down now. 

Yep all the most populous areas of Wales are in lockdown. The North seems to have escaped from the worst of it. 

Worth noting that we’ve not been allowed to see anyone outside of our bubbles indoors since the initial lockdown, though I think that’s not been adhered to very well.

Edited by zero000

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m expecting a households ban to be announced at some point this week. It best be coupled with an announcement on pubs and restaurants closing too or nobody will stick to it.

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I expect a household ban, but they won’t close pubs and restaurants. There would be uproar at this stage

I’m not sure what’s gotten worse since last week that would warrant a household ban tbh. I expected it last week, but then it didn’t come in. I’m not really sure what’s changed since last week that would mean a u-turn is likely. 

47 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Exam results is a separate issue to 'schools crisis' the work kids have been doing at home is no substitute for time with you know a professional teacher rather than a parent who may or may not also be trying to do a full time job as well. Bubbles isolating was always the plan in the same way it if I get told by the app to isolate I isolate, it's not get tested!

The schools also don't rely on track and trace, they have direct access to local authority and public health England resources for managing positive cases - and contrary to some posts schools aren't insisting kids get tested when their bubble is sent home. 

Kids are suffering a lot with this situation, and they need to be back at school which in turn need to effectively manage the risk. 

Sensationalism like 'schools crisis' is completely counter productive. 

What?

Track and Trace would help track and stop infections, telling kids and families they need to isolate before they have a chance to go to school and spread it. 

Like I said I know not all kids have been getting enough education at home. - I agree with you, like most people I think kids should be in school, but that fact they had months to prepare for it and seemingly only updated certain policies days before students and teachers went back. 

And the end of the day its not sensationalism to call something a crisis, when it should be treated as a crisis. - When teachers, students and parents can't get tested for days or weeks they are missing out on learning. - If they thought about the return to schools as a crisis before sending kids back to school maybe they would have thought about these things, rather than most government officials saying they didn't see the second spike coming. 

We have had pubs open for months before schools, surely we should of prioritized children's learning before leisure and every other place that is open while schools are open just makes schools a bigger risk, as there's more places for the teachers, students etc to pick up the virus before getting to school.

Also interesting to note they took the same approach to universities, when students between a levels and uni can afford to take time off in between. 

Who isn't insisting the kids get tested when sent home? even if they are not it still means isolating for 1 to 2 weeks when if you could get tested you could go back as soon as you get a result. 

The whole point is yes we need to mitigate risk where we can't keep something closed. But we actually need the government the government to mitigate those risk before we send kids students and workers into petri dishes and just hope the problems work themselves out. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Its basically the cruise ships all over again!! Keeping them all contained in an unsafe environment where they are guaranteed to catch it - herd immunity basically, I think its bad as I remember how student digs were and it is inevitable the virus will spread easily in that environment 

The 10pm closing times is not going to work on hospitality as we've seen from towns and cities over the last few days it's basically encouraging congregation afterwards rather than spread out closing times.

As regards to no household mixing that doesn't seem to be working either as Manchester has had this rule in place since end of July and look at our numbers they have just gone up!! Because you can meet in a bar or restaurant so it's pushing congregation there where you are surrounded by more people than you would be at home and quell surprise numbers have gone up...

Now all the Uni's a back I expect to see Manchester numbers go up even more :( 

I'm having a shit week with all this tbh :( 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What were today’s numbers ? So the answer has to be to shut the bars completely but support the industry ... just like it should be for the entertainment industry too ... as at the moment these are not viable ... 

5693 new cases......down on last couple of days but no testing figures so positivity rating not yet known.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You don't need to be an expert to know that in the absence of either immunity or a vaccine there will be another 'wave' every time we lockdown then ease restrictions.  I struggle to understand why anyone thought this wouldn't happen after the first 'wave' with essentially nothing changing in between.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What were today’s numbers ? So the answer has to be to shut the bars completely but support the industry ... just like it should be for the entertainment industry too ... as at the moment these are not viable ... 

Pubs and restaurants opened in the summer and there was no increase in cases. Why is the assumption now that pubs are the main problem? 

Just now, El Matador said:

Pubs and restaurants opened in the summer and there was no increase in cases. Why is the assumption now that pubs are the main problem? 

Because what I can see of them people spent lots of time outside in beer gardens during the summer ... now people have become complacent and looking at many pubs covid secure is utter bollocks without any checkins to follow things up ... hopefully table service only will help ... 

8 minutes ago, El Matador said:

There's been an increase in cases since they first opened. It's just been building and building since 4th July and adding in schools and unis into the mix has led to a case explosion.

• Downvote 2