When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Oh come on, really?

I think people on here are great but we're not expert procurement lawyers and we're not able to interpret the finer aspects of the legal clauses the EU and Astrazeneca disagree on.

I've already seen quite a lot of lawyer comment on twitter that says the EU relying on best efforts clauses is pie in the sky.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Oh come on, really?

I think people on here are great but we're not expert procurement lawyers and we're not able to interpret the finer aspects of the legal clauses the EU and Astrazeneca disagree on.

This.

I've been in procurement for 15 years, worked closely with legal teams across different companies and been in a fair fee contract disputes.

And I wouldn't touch this with a plastic one.

What might be considered relatively clear in one contract can completely fall apart when its held up against another, especially when you've got a party UK in this case) explicitly referenced in both contracts but ina different role.

Heading back to the new music thread...

EDIT: just to be clear, I'm not claiming to be a lawyer or legal expert btw. Just work with contracts a lot.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

When it comes to the science, I think people have been good at acknowledging where they don't understand the subtlety and we have someone on here who has been asked and able to shine light on the complexity.

Whereas no one here appears to be qualified on this legal matter. EDIT: apart from @Quark, definitely do think such an opinion is very valid!

Edited by xxialac

Just now, xxialac said:

When it comes to the science, I think people have been good at acknowledging where they don't understand the subtlety and we have someone on here who has been asked and able to shine light on the complexity.

Whereas no one here appears to be qualified on this legal matter. 

I used to watch Ally McBeal, does that count?

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

This seems... clear.

20210129_114827.jpg

I've literally just said I'm not gonna to get dragged into this (can't help myself!), but should point out that the competing agreement highlighted here is one entered into by or on behalf of the EC and not AZ...doesn't say anything about AZ promising priority via other contracts. 

Edit: I should point out that I think the EC should just sit down with AZ and work it out rather than threatening to block vaccine-related exports and all sorts of other unhelpful things. This isn't over til its over for everyone.

Edited by Toilet Duck

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Whereas no one here appears to be qualified on this legal matter. EDIT: apart from @Quark, definitely do think such an opinion is very valid!

Lol then why did you want the contract published?

People can comment if they want on it. I'm fine commenting on the broader politics involved.

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I've literally just said I'm not gonna to get dragged into this (can't help myself!), but should point out that the competing agreement highlighted here is one entered into by or on behalf of the EC and not AZ...doesn't say anything about AZ promising priority via other contracts. 

I agree with you about that. 6.2 has to be read in its entirity.

There's a lot of people flagging this up tho. Wrongly IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I've literally just said I'm not gonna to get dragged into this (can't help myself!), but should point out that the competing agreement highlighted here is one entered into by or on behalf of the the EC and not AZ...doesn't say anything about AZ promising priority via other contracts. 

Ah fair enough then!

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Without reading it I can pretty much guarantee that my opinion would be "fuck me, I need to bring Legal in on this one" 😄

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

This.

I've been in procurement for 15 years, worked closely with legal teams across different companies and been in a fair fee contract disputes.

And I wouldn't touch this with a plastic one.

What might be considered relatively clear in one contract can completely fall apart when its held up against another, especially when you've got a party UK in this case) explicitly referenced in both contracts but ina different role.

Heading back to the new music thread...

EDIT: just to be clear, I'm not claiming to be a lawyer or legal expert btw. Just work with contracts a lot.

I get my legal advice from this guy:lionelhutz?format=1000w

Regarding vaccinations, I would expect a significant ramping up of Scotland's numbers as of Tuesday's reporting (so from monday). Mass vax centres opening in various places. For example a big one at the Aberdeen arena which is huge and several more local ones I know of through my work and one next to my parents house. 

I would not be shocked if our daily figures doubled to around 50k, especially as they are done with care homes and soon done with home visits.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Regarding vaccinations, I would expect a significant ramping up of Scotland's numbers as of Tuesday's reporting (so from monday). Mass vax centres opening in various places. For example a big one at the Aberdeen arena which is huge and several more local ones I know of through my work and one next to my parents house. 

I would not be shocked if our daily figures doubled to around 50k, especially as they are done with care homes and soon done with home visits.

is there a site where you get this info from ? and a particular time ? I know its after ( lunch ) sometime 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

is there a site where you get this info from ? and a particular time ? I know its after ( lunch ) sometime 

So the scottish gov publish their daily updates at 2pm, https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

In terms of the other stuff, it's word of mouth but my mum just said the one next to her is opening on monday (for under 75s.over 75s get done at the town hall) and my boss said the same this morning for ones near our work (which she is involved with). With regard to the arena in Aberdeen, I read that in the paper that it is opening first week of Feb ie Monday.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

So the scottish gov publish their daily updates at 2pm, https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

In terms of the other stuff, it's word of mouth but my mum just said the one next to her is opening on monday (for under 75s.over 75s get done at the town hall) and my boss said the same this morning for ones near our work (which she is involved with). With regard to the arena in Aberdeen, I read that in the paper that it is opening first week of Feb ie Monday.

ah so its inline with the standard gov.uk sites  ....for all the stats ... for some reason I thought we were getting the overall uk vaccination stats before before  the 4pm update of gov.uk ... thanks 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah so its inline with the standard gov.uk sites  ....for all the stats ... for some reason I thought we were getting the overall uk vaccination stats before before  the 4pm update of gov.uk ... thanks 

You can get the Wales England and Scotland ones from 2pm, but yeah the official UK figs come at 4pm ish

6 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Looks pretty clear cut... UK manufacturing is in scope of the *whole agreement* but initial doses (which this whole argument is about) is to come from EU sites only.

Not sure why EU have published that, they’re about to look silly 🙈

more than that, the contract is with the Swedish arm of AZ, a different legal entity to who the UK govt has a contract with.