When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If it carries on this way there’s no chance the Vulcans will come and visit us. 

"If there are aliens, why haven't they visited us then?"

*waves arm expansively around

"Oh. Right."

We're the Milky Way's equivalent of the weird neighbours that are constantly fighting, screaming at each other, and occasionally flinging our shit out of the window at the postman. Of course no one's going to fucking visit us.

I mean, obviously I came here. I'm just staying out of horrified fascination to see what you all do next.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

AstraZeneca 100m (50m people)

Pfizer 60m (30m people)

Moderna 17m (8.5m people)

Novavax 60m (30m people)

J&J 60m (60m people - 1 shot vaccine)

GSK/Sanofi 60m (0 people - as it doesn’t work)

So we have enough vaccines for 178.5m people, more than twice as much as we need to vaccinate the entire population let alone allowing for the removal of children, anti vaxxers etc

We’ll be able to give some away by the autumn 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Pfizer 60m (30m people)

Novavax 60m (30m people)

So we have enough vaccines for 178.5m people, more than twice as much as we need to vaccinate the entire population let alone allowing for the removal of children, anti vaxxers etc

We'll probably need to redo the priority groups in the autumn if the protection against the SA variant is as at or worse than the levels of protection they're saying it is.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

No, but what's interesting is the push to publish this agreement in the first place seems to have come from social media and non-traditional journalists. I'm not sure we would even have this now without the armchair sleuthing that us and so many others were doing the past few days which resulting in digging up that other contract.

And as much as everyone on here may not be legal experts, remember that neither are most journalists. And judging by the ridiculous 8% effective fiasco, the fact that people on here are actually actively reading the original sources makes them more informed than most journos.

Agree with that second point. I just mean generally why quote armchair pundits on twitter on the legality aspect when there are also supremely qualified twitter-using lawyers that can be quoted.

And surely the push to publish the Astrazeneca contract came from the EU - literally, in fact as it was the EU that chose to publish it.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Pfizer 60m (30m people)

Novavax 60m (30m people)

Bung them on ebay at a massive mark up?

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

We'll probably need to redo the priority groups in the autumn if the protection against the SA variant is as at or worse than the levels of protection they're saying it is.

Presumably they would need to be ‘tweaked’ for any existing/new variants. Not sure if that is possible with all of these. I remember @Toilet Duck saying this could be achieved very quickly in the lab but would trials still need to be undertaken?

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

"If there are aliens, why haven't they visited us then?"

*waves arm expansively around

"Oh. Right."

We're the Milky Way's equivalent of the weird neighbours that are constantly fighting, screaming at each other, and occasionally flinging our shit out of the window at the postman. Of course no one's going to fucking visit us.

I mean, obviously I came here. I'm just staying out of horrified fascination to see what you all do next.

Earth’s a good place to earn that gold pressed latinum 😉

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

AZN are offering it for cost aren't they?

Think this is what's called "projecting" (by the Croatian PM)- seems very much like it's the EU that are planning to literally hijack the vaccine from another country because they're more powerful (as has been pointed out, notice they don't try this with the US), and use whatever made up 'justification' they like.

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

remember this...?

it's not in the contract!

Doubt it matters- they'll claim they are right, maybe kick some legal action down the line, and in the meantime use it to block exports before then (or use the threat of immediately blocking exports to extort more vaccines). I get the desperation, but it's shameless stuff.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Doubt it matters- they'll claim they are right, maybe kick some legal action down the line, and in the meantime use it to block exports before then (or use the threat of immediately blocking exports to extort more vaccines). I get the desperation, but it's shameless stuff.

Yeah. Love to see people try to defend them if they block vaccine exports to us over their spats with AZN...

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think it’s just hyperbole so put the pressure on AZ. I’d be surprised if they actually did it. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I think it’s just hyperbole so put the pressure on AZ. I’d be surprised if they actually did it. 

To be fair, I crack under this sort of pressure easily, so if I were the head of AZ I would have handed over everything I owned by this point!😂

I think the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should be great news for poorer countries- easier storage and only one dosage is an absolute life saver for under developed health care systems that might not have the capacity to give 2 doses to large numbers of the population. Plus it essentially halves the time needed to vaccinate people.

33 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Pfizer 60m (30m people)

Novavax 60m (30m people)

Aren’t GSK/Sanofi having another crack at it, and hoping for approval by winter. 

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The contract isn't governed by English law (where the gent tweeting is from) but by Belgian law and that makes for weaker interpretation. This individual is a Belgian lawyer and thinks AZ have a stronger case then the EU.

Edited by xxialac