When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

hope it is just mild .... 

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff, on Sky Sports F1, gives us an update about Lewis Hamilton.

"He's not great," says Wolff. "Covid-19 is always something we have to take serious. Mild conditions. He's in good hands."

Article Reactions

3 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

If there’s more people who can do it (ie not just nurses) then the pay will be less. If they can’t recruit people at that wage then the offered wage will have to go up. 

That's a huge "if" though isn't it? Given the sheer number of people we need to do this, and it's skilled work.

Skilled work, very high demand, I would think you would offer above a regular nursing salary surely? To try and encourage people to actually sign up and do loads of extra work over Christmas?

15 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What the actual fuck 

So good of covid to swerve those high-value business folk :rolleyes:

They don't learn do they?? One rule for the rich another for the plebs... cos that has really worked out well from them hasn't it

I'm sure the countries they actually travel to might not be so open, but I guess money talks :( 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Good news again that the R rate is falling again, is there any potential it could be fully below 1 for christmas or is that unlikely? 

Surely there's a lag between the reported R number and the actual R number?  Cases aren't actually going to be falling more quickly with restrictions loosened, despite whatever the reported R number is.  The fact that the number has gone down now is really because it dropped throughout lockdown.

Or am I talking bollocks?  I'm only 70% sure of the above!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Surely there's a lag between the reported R number and the actual R number?  Cases aren't actually going to be falling more quickly with restrictions loosened, despite whatever the reported R number is.  The fact that the number has gone down now is really because it dropped throughout lockdown.

Or am I talking bollocks?  I'm only 70% sure of the above!

that seems right to me ... we may also get a R number reduction under these latest restrictions ... fingers crossed on that ... but lagging ...

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

I've got that hat too :lol:

im about to sew some lights on ... everything needs lights :) thats one of about 10 xmas themed hats im going to be wearing at work ... with matching facemasks ... and sometimes xmas jumpers :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just had my jab and should have trusted the fb and twitter lot rather than the clever scientists ... I’ve grown a second head !! 

image.jpg

That must have cost a few bucks.

Is that what they mean by herd immunity?

I'm glad you've got a new hat cos I just looked out the window and it looks like rain dear.

I'll get my coat.

I'm bracing myself for the worst. The UK are rushing ahead with a vaccine which will probably be done with the most at-risk group before June. Meanwhile, Australia has confirmed that despite leading the world in pre-vaccine response, they won't be vaccinating anyone whatsoever until March 2021.

So by the time the vaccine here get to the moderately healthy, moderately young lowlife like me, it'll be too late to be recognised by airlines/immigration and Australia-based folk have to witness Glastonbury happening without any means of being there.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I'm bracing myself for the worst. The UK are rushing ahead with a vaccine which will probably be done with the most at-risk group before June. Meanwhile, Australia has confirmed that despite leading the world in pre-vaccine response, they won't be vaccinating anyone whatsoever until March 2021.

So by the time the vaccine here get to the moderately healthy, moderately young lowlife like me, it'll be too late to be recognised by airlines/immigration and Australia-based folk have to witness Glastonbury happening without any means of being there.

Hopefully a few negative tests will get you there ... we won’t all be vaccinated by June by any means .... don’t loose hope yet .... we have no idea how this will play out ... fingers firmly crossed for you and all those folks abroad