When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Anyone know what the rules are re holiday in the UK over Xmas? Not sure if it's a good idea but nice to have the option.

As I understand it, as long as you aren't in a Christmas bubble you can go away as per the rules of your tier or the place you are visiting. Back at work in Wednesday so hopefully find out what's going on then, We are open for Christmas but no idea how busy we are. 

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone know what the rules are re holiday in the UK over Xmas? Not sure if it's a good idea but nice to have the option.

You can travel between tiers between the 23rd - 27th December. 

You can stay in a hotel during the Christmas period, including in a tier 3: Very High alert area but only by yourself, or with other members of your household.

You can stay in private rented accommodation with members of your household, or your Christmas bubble.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Tier1

if you live in a tier 1 area and travel to an area in a higher tier you should follow the rules for that area while you are there. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through a tier 3 area as part of a longer journey

Tier2

if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey

Tier3

avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey

From

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know

oh shit, you said over xmas. 

Thanks guys. Two years ago (just my wife and I) we went from London (tier 2) to Bristol (3) for Xmas, then went to the New Forest (2) for a couple of nights on the way back. Sounds like that is still allowed then? We will have left our Xmas bubble when we leave Bristol (prob on the 27th).

Edited by Homer

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like the tiered restriction analysis provided by the govt to the rebel MPs does not provide any answers on economic impact, but does provide on health impact. So, those MPs have to decide what to do tomorrow. They know labour are going to vote for it, so can probably vote against safe in the knowledge that will pass...but, still not good govt to be relying on opposition votes when they supposedly have a big majority...

Interesting that Boris was quick to kick out any Tory MP's that voted against Brexit last year but no such threat against those that vote against restrictions that save people's lives!

Good to see the leader of our country has his priorities right eh?????

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Surprisingly intelligent thread from a Tory.  I thought Boris had kicked all the serious politicians out.

He's done a couple of good threads like that. Was extremely surprised when I clicked on his profile and saw he was Conservative.

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/news/sussex-news/worthing-higher-coronavirus-tier-cornwall-4746285?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Worthing has the 2nd least infected area in the entire country. We rock down here in Worthing 💪

Noises are that the Brighton Centre is likely to be one of the vaccination centres...(from a Nurse I know who works at RSCH). 

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Interesting that Boris was quick to kick out any Tory MP's that voted against Brexit last year but no such threat against those that vote against restrictions that save people's lives!

Good to see the leader of our country has his priorities right eh?????

Seems to fit with the priorities of his borrowed voters up north - brexit and "plandemic" talk seems to go hand in hand 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yes thanks , just frustrating seeing the thread being made about Corbyn for the millionth time or other such nonsense 

sometimes we go in loops for a bit .... and discussion takes a lull ... just scroll past the posts that are of no interest would be my take ... or mute buttons ? or maybe post something that takes the discussion in a different direction ... mind you I did also try to divert the convo away from Corbyn once :)