When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

Those descriptions could be used to describe every one of the Tory front benchers.  

1 - Patel. Hard.

2 - Johnson. Lumpy and sausage like.

3 - Sunak. Cracks in the surface.

4 - Gove. Snake-like

5 - Raab . No fibre.

6 - Williamson. Mushy with ragged edges. 

7 - Hancock. No solid pieces.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I have absolutely zero trust in these self-serving opportunists to be doing what's right, or even what they say they'll do.  That trust has been completely eroded, which is no small part of why we are where we are. Was more a general observation on how democracy should work.

Taking the toddler analogy, we're now like kids that have been told to do something and then punished for it regardless of the fact we've done as we were told.  That contract has been well and truly broken.

Yup, it’s broken. A decent Government would be able to coax and cajole and take the people with them to a large degree. But even if they had any interest in that they don’t have the capacity. They thrive on Division to the extent that they try and manufacture it, and have completely disregarded the idea of keeping their side of the bargain (playing by the rules themselves, treating everyone consistently, Track and Trace). I think we’d have been much better off with ‘lighter touch’ restrictions but it’s too late for that now.